• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazon Fire Remote

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My remote for my Firestick has been misplaced. Do I need to buy a whole new stick? Is there a replacement or knockoff that will work?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the instructions for pairing a new remote with a firestick. The big problem I see is #1. If your remote isn't already paired, then how are you supposed to open a menu? lol:

Amazon.com Help: Pair Remote to Fire TV
  1. From the Fire TV menu, select Settings.
  2. Select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices, and then select an available option.
  3. To pair a Fire TV remote, press and hold the Home button for up to 10 seconds. Your Fire TV device searches for the device's wireless signal. After discovery, the new remote is listed on-screen.
  4. To select the new remote, use another paired remote, or the Fire TV app.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My remote for my Firestick has been misplaced. Do I need to buy a whole new stick? Is there a replacement or knockoff that will work?

there is an app on your phone where your phone can be your remote... the phone remote is better than the real remote, only problem is that anytime the phone blacks out, you will have to reconnect... and it gets annoying...

Not sure how expensive a new remote is, but the fire stick itself is so cheap, last time I lost my remote I just bought a whole new thing... And you just have either a spare, or a stick for another tv...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the instructions for pairing a new remote with a firestick. The big problem I see is #1. If your remote isn't already paired, then how are you supposed to open a menu? lol:

Amazon.com Help: Pair Remote to Fire TV
  1. From the Fire TV menu, select Settings.
  2. Select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices, and then select an available option.
  3. To pair a Fire TV remote, press and hold the Home button for up to 10 seconds. Your Fire TV device searches for the device's wireless signal. After discovery, the new remote is listed on-screen.
  4. To select the new remote, use another paired remote, or the Fire TV app.
I agree WTH how can I do that the remote isn't paired to begin with?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold down the Select button for 5 seconds to put the remote into pair mode. Hold down the Select + Play buttons together for 5 seconds to Restart the device. Restart the device: Settings > System > Restart, then once restarted unplug the power cable for 5 seconds then plug back in.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold down the Select button for 5 seconds to put the remote into pair mode. Hold down the Select + Play buttons together for 5 seconds to Restart the device. Restart the device: Settings > System > Restart, then once restarted unplug the power cable for 5 seconds then plug back in.
That's a copy and paste on how to pair new remote.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My new Samsung Oled TV remote controls my Fire TV. (don't even remember setting it up.)

I would guess that a number of fairly new tv remotes could do the same.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My new Samsung Oled TV remote controls my Fire TV. (don't even remember setting it up.)

I would guess that a number of fairly new tv remotes could do the same.

Samsung doesn't make OLED TVs they make QLED TVs. Two very different technologies.