• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazon buying EA?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing EAs online pass would fold into Prime. Probably a good deal but it would reinforce EA to keep making minimal improvements to FIFA and Madden.

Battlefield right now is a hot mess but DICE is generally a solid developer. Bioware is probably only a shell of it's former self but I think Mass Effect and Dragon Age are IPs that still carry weight.

Respawn is probably the best thing going with EA. Apex Legends seems successful and Star Wars Fallen Order seems like it could be a long series.

Kinda all over the place as a massive company but in a digital world that's probably attractive

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they go the Microsoft route and start devouring smaller developers. In the short term I think this could be good, inject cash flow and shake things up but long term eliminating all competition will create more Ubisoft cookie cutter games. Hope I'm wrong.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they go the Microsoft route and start devouring smaller developers. In the short term I think this could be good, inject cash flow and shake things up but long term eliminating all competition will create more Ubisoft cookie cutter games. Hope I'm wrong.
The people making cookie cutter games are the ones wanting to be bought out. The companies are so big that they are risk averse.

I suspect big cookie cutter games will only get more common with gamepass/prime models

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing EAs online pass would fold into Prime. Probably a good deal but it would reinforce EA to keep making minimal improvements to FIFA and Madden.

Battlefield right now is a hot mess but DICE is generally a solid developer. Bioware is probably only a shell of it's former self but I think Mass Effect and Dragon Age are IPs that still carry weight.

Respawn is probably the best thing going with EA. Apex Legends seems successful and Star Wars Fallen Order seems like it could be a long series.

Kinda all over the place as a massive company but in a digital world that's probably attractive
They already have no incentive to improve on Madden, I don't see how this changes it. The backlash from last years was so great that the made some mid year changes to build up the hope that things are changing. Only to have the new year roll in with absolutely 0 improvements.

I do hold unreasonable hatred for EA though, so i doubt I am objective on it. IMO there can be 0 downside to Amazon buying them, because they are a garbage company already.