• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazing Depth of Phillies SPs

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro is lusting for Aaron Harang. He would fit in well with this improving crew of starting pitchers. Too bad AJ's gone.
:omg:
Aaron Harang, 37
Wandy Rodriguez, 36
Jerome Williams, 33
Fartman Lee, 36, bad shoulder problems
Miguel Gonzalez, 28, bad shoulder problems
Roberto Hernandez, 34
Mike Adams, 36, on periodic disability, back up SP
Hamels, 30, to be traded for low to mid-level prospects

Possible saviors: David Buchanan, 26 and Jonathan Pettibone, 25

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing jvett that when you actually list our starting rotation (Fartman Lee, lol), we are not very young anymore. Dumbass Amaro is getting rid of a young player in Hamels and keeping the old guys. He is also getting rid of some old players and bringing old and older players in.

Perhaps we should keep a young guy like Papelbon around since dumbass sends all the really young guys down to the farm for years of "seasoning". Everytime I think I have seen the worst of the stupidity that braindead manages to pull out of his ass, he lowers the bar even further. What they see in this idiot is beyond my level of comprehension!!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you yearn for the days of Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Oswalt.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to accept the fact that the chances of winning this year are incredibly slim and they are just filling roster spots and hoping for the best. They used their 1st round draft pick for a good College pitcher last year and traded Rollins and Byrd for 3 pitching prospects. What else did you want them to do?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you yearn for the days of Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Oswalt.

Be fair...

Even a good pitching staff would make you yearn for that rotation. That was an amazing gauntlet. All time top 50, if not better than that.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez and Adams are no longer with the Phillies. Nola should get a chance this spring. He can be fast tracked in my opinion. Cesar Jimenez started 10 games in the winter league and posted a 3.53 ERA. He also has good control. Since he is solid in relief he will make the team in 2015. There is no need to hire aging Vets that will block a chance to see what younger pitchers can do. IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your question Cedrique. I want the owner and Gillick to go leave a huge shit and then come back and fire Amaro and hire a baseball GM that knows what he's doing. In no way shape or form do I expect the Phillies to win much of anything this year but I do expect them to be way better at building the Phillies' future rather than leaving it all up to a complete idiot.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez and Adams are no longer with the Phillies. Nola should get a chance this spring. He can be fast tracked in my opinion. Cesar Jimenez started 10 games in the winter league and posted a 3.53 ERA. He also has good control. Since he is solid in relief he will make the team in 2015. There is no need to hire aging Vets that will block a chance to see what younger pitchers can do. IMO.

Yeah, Hernandez is with the Dodgers and Adams is a free agent. I lost a little interest in following the details. Yes, it would be great to see Nola in March but it's probably too early for the organization.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe most of you are bellyaching. Amaro has gotten rid of 2 old guys (rollins and byrd) and replaced them with 3 pretty damn good pitching prospects. So far this off season, I'd give Amaro very good grades. I just wish they could've signed Tomas.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Westcoast. I'll be bellyaching until the guy is fired. Two potentially good transactions does not trump the myriad of boneheaded moves this guy has made ever since he took over as GM. I am surprised your so quick to give him a pass with just two transactions!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe most of you are bellyaching. Amaro has gotten rid of 2 old guys (rollins and byrd) and replaced them with 3 pretty damn good pitching prospects. So far this off season, I'd give Amaro very good grades. I just wish they could've signed Tomas.

Amaro is being forced to make those moves. Also wishing that we signed Tomas is a form of bellyaching!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to accept the fact that the chances of winning this year are incredibly slim and they are just filling roster spots and hoping for the best. They used their 1st round draft pick for a good College pitcher last year and traded Rollins and Byrd for 3 pitching prospects. What else did you want them to do?

Agreed. There's no chance of "winning" this year - "they are just filling roster spots and hoping for the best" as they dismantle the team. With the trading of Byrd, they are going the the total rebuild. I had been hoping for one final run with Hamels along with a few key trades to improve hitting. But it was obvious that was not to be. Now that we know what's in store, it will be an interesting winter. They'll have to trade Hamels in the next few months or he'll lose 22 games, and I hope they don't subject him to that kind of dismal year. I just hope we get some very high level prospects who can hit the ball. The problem is that the other MLB front offices may be smarter than Amaro.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Westcoast. I'll be bellyaching until the guy is fired. Two potentially good transactions does not trump the myriad of boneheaded moves this guy has made ever since he took over as GM. I am surprised your so quick to give him a pass with just two transactions!

You're right. He has screwed this team for years now. I blame him completely for where this team is at today. It really didn't have to be this way. But the 2 moves this off season, have been what I have been looking for him to do for awhile. Better late than never?

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro is absolutely being forced to make these moves and Hamels will be gone at some point too. The problem is that Amaro is an idiot and some pro GM will embarrass him again. Two moves and none involve replacing a position player because he depleted the pitching so badly. The Phillies are a joke and we are paying for it. Can't believe he hasn't been canned.