• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Altuve HR or Fan-interference?

Should that have been called a HR or an out? And would the Astros have won if it was a HR?

• It was a HR and Astros would've won if it was called so.

• It was a HR, but Astros still would've lost.

• It was fan interference and should've been called an out.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should that have been called a HR or an out? And would the Astros have won if it was a HR?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no interference when the ball is over the wall.....I'm sure that can be argued.....If Joe West is involved, I'd guess he fucked it up......That can't be argued.....

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no interference when the ball is over the wall.....I'm sure that can be argued.....If Joe West is involved, I'd guess he fucked it up......That can't be argued.....
I agree with this. And the call was huge too. About as big as it can get for a 1st-inning call.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Betts glove went over the wall it was a homer . It's amazing to me a bazillion dollar sport doesn't have cameras on it's walls for replay. Instead let's trustva 300 lb ump to get his fat ass out there in time to get the right angle

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olney had a good point (for a change). Was the fan ejected for interfering for a ball in play? If not, then it was a HR.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 1 camera that would have shown whether the ball was over the fence was blocked by a security guard standing in the way
AJ Hinch said it best that 1 call did not determine the game:suds:

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad poll ... No potato salad ... also if it was a HR (and it should have been), the outcome of the game would be unclear.
That's why I'm asking for people's opinion. To find out what they think. Clearly if you simply add the 2-runs it would be tied. So obviously other things would happen. I thought it was pretty obvious that I was just asking for people's opinions here...

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm asking for people's opinion. To find out what they think. Clearly if you simply add the 2-runs it would be tied. So obviously other things would happen. I thought it was pretty obvious that I was just asking for people's opinions here...

You come up with a good poll, but I think the outcome of the game is not really relevant.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You come up with a good poll, but I think the outcome of the game is not really relevant.
Isn't the outcome of the game what is actually more relevant? If they would've lost anyway then it doesn't really matter if it was a home run or not. It only matters if it changes the outcome of the game.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the outcome of the game what is actually more relevant? If they would've lost anyway then it doesn't really matter if it was a home run or not. It only matters if it changes the outcome of the game.

My point was too many variables can happen ... also no potato salad (It's kinda tradition).

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was too many variables can happen ... also no potato salad (It's kinda tradition).
Yeah, I do often include potato salad in my polls. There is just sometimes I decide not to.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, unless there is clear evidence to the contrary, the player making the exceptional play should be given the benefit of the doubt. And I think that fans should always be discouraged from interfering in the game unless they are CLEARLY not in play.

There is no question that the fan prevented Betts from making the catch and it is almost certain he was going to catch that ball.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, unless there is clear evidence to the contrary, the player making the exceptional play should be given the benefit of the doubt. And I think that fans should always be discouraged from interfering in the game unless they are CLEARLY not in play.

There is no question that the fan prevented Betts from making the catch and it is almost certain he was going to catch that ball.

Betts is a great player and so is Altuve ... this is one that will live for quite a while. Prediction: Both Betts and Altuve will be Hall of Famers (not really a bold prediction).

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 1 camera that would have shown whether the ball was over the fence was blocked by a security guard standing in the way
AJ Hinch said it best that 1 call did not determine the game:suds:
I'm pretty sure a two run homer being changed to an out will largely affect the outcome of a game, especially a two run game. To argue otherwise is disingenuous at best.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked to me from the backside view like Mookie was touched before his glove went over the wall, so I lean toward the call being right, but I would agree it's not a perfectly conclusive angle, either. The guy in the collared shirt is clearly over the fence, the older guy in the red shirt is clearly making sure he's behind the fence with his reach...so where the blue and orange shirt guys that are between them that actually contacted Betts is the question. And it looked to me like blue shirt guy definitely contacted him before his glove was over the fence.