• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alliance of American Football

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, apparently Childress already resigned so things are not starting out well....

Fucking Brad Childress. He better have another job elsewhere or something lol. Just makes me want to root for the Atlanta Legends even harder now. Overcome adversity!!

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am ready for the inaugural season. Me at the Commanders training camp yesterday
206890d1547435407-2019-sa-commanders-thread-grrat-spring-20190112_125919.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing says minor leagues like openly promoting yourself as the washed up minor league. So with all these great NFL minds like they speak of is this just going to be washed up guys who can’t make the practice squad?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://athlonsports.com/aaf/aaf-football-what-is-alliance-american-football

look at these "notable" stars . if thats their notables yikes
Yeah, but it's hard for any minor league to have name brand players at the start. The plan isn't to compete with the NFL, it is to give us football fans something to watch once the NFL is over.
I really do like that it seems they are doing it better than the old XFL did.

How will players be compensated?
Each player will receive three-year, non-guaranteed contracts worth $250,000. They will also receive health insurance which usually doesn’t happen in most professional sports. Additionally, players will be paid an “education stipend” upon completion of their first season in order to help cover costs should they decide to give school another try. Outside of the NFL, this seems like one of the better deals that pro football players can get.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will players be compensated?
Each player will receive three-year, non-guaranteed contracts worth $250,000. They will also receive health insurance which usually doesn’t happen in most professional sports. Additionally, players will be paid an “education stipend” upon completion of their first season in order to help cover costs should they decide to give school another try. Outside of the NFL, this seems like one of the better deals that pro football players can get.

It looks like the AAF salaries come close to rivaling the CFL's pay. That could lead to better quality players filling spots in the AAF. I would guess that if pay was nearly the same, a player may want to play in the US rather than Canada. Especially if they can play for a team near their home.

Don't get me wrong, this league could fail quickly. In fact, that is likely. I will be rooting for its success though, unlike the XFL.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the Superbowl is over, it's all about the Golf for me, leading up to The Masters. Then baseball begins and all is right with the world. Don't care much for the hoops ever since they decided to allow traveling.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the Superbowl is over, it's all about the Golf for me, leading up to The Masters. Then baseball begins and all is right with the world. Don't care much for the hoops ever since they decided to allow traveling.
I never could watch golf. I'll play it, but not watch it.
I don't do the NBA.
I like March madness, but it goes by pretty quick. Having some football in the spring is something I will like.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can gamble on it I will watch it. Trevor Knight vs Christian hackenberg? I’m in

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If cbs didn’t have the super bowl they should’ve opened the league with a 2 pm start time on super bowl Sunday. Nothing else on Before the super bowl and lots of parties

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Game is April 27th. Mark your calendars!

I bet they are a one and done league.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is probably likely. I hope not though. They are doing too many things right. If they fail, no other league can thrive in the states.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is probably likely. I hope not though. They are doing too many things right. If they fail, no other league can thrive in the states.

i hope not too. them and the XFL should of teamed up, isnt there a third league being started by ex players , yeah the FFL

these idiots are starting three sub leagues, plus the arena league, plus the CFL. spreading too thin.

SHould of joined up

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope not too. them and the XFL should of teamed up, isnt there a third league being started by ex players , yeah the FFL

these idiots are starting three sub leagues, plus the arena league, plus the CFL. spreading too thin.

SHould of joined up
I'll give the AAF the advantage because they are starting first and have good leadership and compensation.
The XFL is planning to compete directly against the NFL. No winning there.
The FFL seems to have structural issues and is relying on great minds like TO and Ricky Williams in key positions. :L
The Arena Football League is now down to only 4 teams.