• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alliance of American Football

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most important part is they have credible NFL guys running the show.
They did a great job of putting NFL experienced people in key positions (from execs to coaches.
Even though the teams have only been assembled for 5 weeks, they seems pretty organized. The QB play was mostly poor, but after only 5 weeks it is to be expected.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a great job of putting NFL experienced people in key positions (from execs to coaches.
Even though the teams have only been assembled for 5 weeks, they seems pretty organized. The QB play was mostly poor, but after only 5 weeks it is to be expected.

The defenses are always ahead of the offenses.....even in the NFL I believe the scoring is down early in the season.

I did well betting on the unders in the games over the weekend but I think the QB's and scoring will improve.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just 1 game but Hackenberg and Richardson are unlikely to use this as a springboard back to the NFL.....both sucked hard.

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson did score 2 TD's, but 23 carries for 58 yards isn't good at all.

basement bias

FlyingWolver9er
Pleasant Mills/Rivare(Bobo) IN/Willshire/Wren OH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS is going to have college hoops in March, so I understand not keeping it on there. NBC is NHL and soccer so I see that not working. Fox is Nascar on the local, but what about FS1? ABC/ESPN focusing on NBA but they have multiple channels to use. I do get CBSSN and like it, but it definitely needs to a reboot to match NBCSN. I'd try to whore the league out to all 4 of the majors on one of their channels.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not "American" football..................It's southern football.

Team furthest east is Atlanta. People in the East, Northeast and Mid-America could care less. If the closest team is 2000 miles away, it's going to be near impossible to generate interest, let alone finagle people into buying stuff. I'm certainly not going to pay $2000 to fly, get a hotel and eat in Atlanta for a weekend to watch guys that can't make even the New York Jets practice squad.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that game also and the announcers even said the refs were letting them play and surprised there weren't a ton of flags.

The San Diego QB got nailed a bunch of times and in the NFL those defensive players would have received a lifetime ban.....LOL.

And they just get right back up and play. Then after the game they might have a drink with the fellow.

Just refreshing to see again.

Reactions: DJ

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not "American" football..................It's southern football.

Team furthest east is Atlanta. People in the East, Northeast and Mid-America could care less. If the closest team is 2000 miles away, it's going to be near impossible to generate interest, let alone finagle people into buying stuff. I'm certainly not going to pay $2000 to fly, get a hotel and eat in Atlanta for a weekend to watch guys that can't make even the New York Jets practice squad.
It is American football. It was pretty good quality too. No East coast teams yet.
Location doesn't bother me much.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is American football. It was pretty good quality too. No East coast teams yet.
Location doesn't bother me much.

I watched a bit of the San Antonio game and it was horrible. 6-6 and neither team could move the ball. I got bored and watched a horrible movie called "Upgrade".

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a bit of the San Antonio game and it was horrible. 6-6 and neither team could move the ball. I got bored and watched a horrible movie called "Upgrade".
I watched the whole San Antonio vs San Diego game. I thought it was pretty good.
Sorry you are without. I really like football and this is plenty good to keep me occupied. I assume you don't watch college football either?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson did score 2 TD's, but 23 carries for 58 yards isn't good at all.

hahahaha,i didn't watch one of them games yesterday at all(don't even know if it was on tv0,but I did see a couple of hi-lites and was just about ready to post that there was a Trent Richardson siting yesterday...…...Jeez how the once blue chip prospect has fallen...……..

Not sure who else is in that league,but hopefully they are playing to keep in shape,not cause they need the cash...…….

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha,i didn't watch one of them games yesterday at all(don't even know if it was on tv0,but I did see a couple of hi-lites and was just about ready to post that there was a Trent Richardson siting yesterday...…...Jeez how the once blue chip prospect has fallen...……..

Not sure who else is in that league,but hopefully they are playing to keep in shape,not cause they need the cash...…….

yep, i think they all only make something like $80k per year but there are incentives they can hit to make more i believe

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is mostly to move up to the NFL. They said 81% of the players have had NFL contracts, so I think these guys want to get back there. Definitely the case with guys like Matt Asiata.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they cover cornhole and hot dog eating too.....im not holding my breath
The hot dog eating contest has been around for many years.

I don't know if the league will succeed or crash and burn. They have done things right to succeed. I think the NFL will find worth in it. I think 12 to 15 of the AAF players will be on NFL teams next season, although most will be practice squad players.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you don't watch college football either?
You asme wrong. I watch a lot of college football. ACC,SEC and UNH when they're on TV locally and my alma
U of Maine.