• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Allan Chaney

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tweeted this morning:

"Today is the day I been waiting for the past 2 years of my life"

is he cleared to play??

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be rather nice if he was. For us and more importantly for him.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he's cleared to play with us or another school cleared him to play (transfer)

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he still on the team? I thought we said he was never cleared to play here. Our doctors would never allow it?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he still on the team? I thought we said he was never cleared to play here. Our doctors would never allow it?

he's been on the bench for every game that i've watched this season...and we've still got him listed on our roster

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will NEVER be cleared for us. He had a pacemaker installed a month or two ago, and he's been counting down to today to get medically cleared (in hopes of playing somewhere else I believe).

He did tweet the other day however that his mentor, Juwan Howard, told him that he should stick it out at Tech and get his degree and "that's what I'm gonna do", so I'm not sure if he actually will transfer. Maybe just try to play overseas after graduation.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the tweet-
"I talked to my big bro Juwan yesterday and he deff said I should finish out at Tech and get my degree. That's what I'm goin to do"

As we've all said, sounds like a good kid

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah gotcha...i didnt realize he had a pacemaker put in...hope he can play overseas somewhere, assuming his heart can handle it...tough break for the guy...i played ball with a guy in high school who had a couple of scholarship offers, smaller schools...then collapsed on the court one day, and ended up having to get a pacemaker put it in, his playing days were done....it was really rough on him

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He will NEVER be cleared for us. He had a pacemaker installed a month or two ago, and he's been counting down to today to get medically cleared (in hopes of playing somewhere else I believe).

He did tweet the other day however that his mentor, Juwan Howard, told him that he should stick it out at Tech and get his degree and "that's what I'm gonna do", so I'm not sure if he actually will transfer. Maybe just try to play overseas after graduation.

Your right our medical staff and sg have openly said that they arent willing to take the risk of allowing him to play here.

Dont know how long Chaney has left to get his degree but on the VT television show, he said that he had been in contact with a couple other schools and still had plans of getting back on the court someday. Maybe he has had a change of heart but this was just a couple weeks ago. I think he is sticking it out for this year in hopes of playing D2 or something next year.