• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-PFF Team - Week 2 - J.Smith, Willis, Bowman, Rogers, Lee

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Re-Focused - Cowboys @ 49ers | ProFootballFocus.com

2) Time to Make Use of Vernon Davis

He never comes off the field, and commentators are always quick to talk about him ***8211; but how often did we notice Vernon Davis (-2.1) in this one? A truly rare athlete, Davis ran 26 pass routes and yet was only targeted on two attempts for 18 yards. Is there an injury I***8217;m missing? Even the talk of him being kept into block is a bit misleading. It only happened eight times (23.5% of all passing plays). Compare that to say the Bears***8217; Kellen Davis (61.3% of the time against the Saints) and it***8217;s not really that bad. To make matters worse, Davis had a poor day with his run blocking. He was left one-on-one with DeMarcus Ware far too often, getting beat for a tackle for a loss and another tackle for a short gain, while forcing a run to be redirected with 5:43 in the first.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if this was still prior to the season, and someone offered me what Alex Smith did these two games.....i'd have taken it. yeah its not big yardage, but i didn't expect big yardage. would've hoped for completions allowing others to make plays, and next no INT's which he almost did.

anyways, Alex Smith should be much more comfortable now with Harbaugh's system, and mentally good for Cincinatti. its no longer "starting the season" so we should see more yardage on pass plays.

hopefully, the O-line will allow a little more?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trent Williams and Andre Smith at OT? Whaaaaaa????? How did that happen?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is truly sad vd doesn't get as many touches as he should

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Williams and Andre Smith at OT? Whaaaaaa????? How did that happen?

No one gave Andre Smith the benefit of the doubt when he fractured his foot. People just lazily labeled him a bust because of the questionable breasts he has. Looks like fans on this very board did the same with Anthony Davis, yet 0 sacks/0 penalties on the year.