• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All 4 AFC Teams deserve to be where they are

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But.... I do think Allen makes a lot of mistakes. If you can force him into a few errors, you can really swing a game quickly.
100%.

To the bengals...I know the mirrors from last season, but it sure seems as if the oline just might be the downfall this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this not a huge concern?

Left tackle Jonah Williams and right guard Alex Cappa have been officially ruled out, leaving Cincinnati with three total reserves on the offensive line. Right tackle La'el Collins has been out since Week 16 with a torn ACL in his left knee.
It's definitely a big deal. The Bengals invested in those guys for a reason. I would say that at this point the big question is whether Buffalo is the team that will exploit it. Their pass-rush numbers haven't been great since losing Von Miller. Can they take advantage of the Bengals injuries?

I'd say that the teams that are left with the best pass rushers reside on the NFC side. It's a disadvantage for the Bengals for sure, but I can see them beating either Buffalo or KC even with the injuries. We'll see.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a big deal. The Bengals invested in those guys for a reason. I would say that at this point the big question is whether Buffalo is the team that will exploit it. Their pass-rush numbers haven't been great since losing Von Miller. Can they take advantage of the Bengals injuries?
I see. Now we know.
Real nice game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheers to Bengals fans. You guys have been cool through all the accusations of crying and such. Great game plan today, from coach and right to execution. Your team is on a mission. And is delivering.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this not a huge concern?

Left tackle Jonah Williams and right guard Alex Cappa have been officially ruled out, leaving Cincinnati with three total reserves on the offensive line. Right tackle La'el Collins has been out since Week 16 with a torn ACL in his left knee.
After the fact, of course, but Cappa was a bit bigger concern than Carman. I know many might disagree since Carman has been a disappointment from last years' draft, but the fact of the matter is - Williams is the worst rated LT in the game (tied with the guy Tenn, IIRC). So - if Carman stinks, he's going to have be really, really bad to be worse than Williams has been this year.

As it turned out - Carman looked very good. Only time I noticed him negatively was the false start (which was weak, IMO - I've seen guys jump way early and not get called - he barely rocked, but I digress) and the play where he blocked his guy to the ground and he slid into Burrow's legs...but, not much you can do about that.

Bigger thing, IMO, was the scheme and the look of the running game in general. Very little of the traditional "big" sets - and more open looks (typically passing looks) that ended up with runs that had guys pulling and pinning - and an assertive Mixon just running head on and hitting holes. Kudos to the OL and Mixon....I said in another thread, for the Bengals to be successful today - they had to at least run a little to help the OL - they took that to the bank.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the fact, of course, but Cappa was a bit bigger concern than Carman. I know many might disagree since Carman has been a disappointment from last years' draft, but the fact of the matter is - Williams is the worst rated LT in the game (tied with the guy Tenn, IIRC). So - if Carman stinks, he's going to have be really, really bad to be worse than Williams has been this year.

As it turned out - Carman looked very good. Only time I noticed him negatively was the false start (which was weak, IMO - I've seen guys jump way early and not get called - he barely rocked, but I digress) and the play where he blocked his guy to the ground and he slid into Burrow's legs...but, not much you can do about that.

Bigger thing, IMO, was the scheme and the look of the running game in general. Very little of the traditional "big" sets - and more open looks (typically passing looks) that ended up with runs that had guys pulling and pinning - and an assertive Mixon just running head on and hitting holes. Kudos to the OL and Mixon....I said in another thread, for the Bengals to be successful today - they had to at least run a little to help the OL - they took that to the bank.
It's good to see a team overcome their weakness through old fashion "want to" and coaching. Two years now.

Good Luck