• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All 4 AFC Teams deserve to be where they are

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is 10-1 in their last 11 games, only loss coming to Cincinnati or a 5 game winning streak if you take it to the loss.
Buffalo is riding an 8 game winning streak
Cincinnati riding a 9 game winning streak
Jacksonville is riding a 6 game winning streak

That is 4 teams riding serious winning streaks and have four offenses with serious fire power.

This upcoming weekend should be two pretty dang good AFC games.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs-Jaguars likely won't be close.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah.

Health matters, though. You dont have guys like Lamar Jackson, Mike Williams, and Tua then you're probably going home. Its a parity league with a salary cap so you cant really lose too important players. When the Chiefs and Broncos got rolled in the SB with Mahomes and Peyton, they were missing guys. You dont really want banged up teams advancing to the SB.

Jags also had one heck of a 2nd half adjustment. Teams with that 'counter punch' certainly deserve to move on. Bengals over Chiefs last year for example. Chiefs over Niners in the SB a few years back. The counter punch usually is a team figuring out a major flaw in the other team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is 10-1 in their last 11 games, only loss coming to Cincinnati or a 5 game winning streak if you take it to the loss.
Buffalo is riding an 8 game winning streak
Cincinnati riding a 9 game winning streak
Jacksonville is riding a 6 game winning streak

That is 4 teams riding serious winning streaks and have four offenses with serious fire power.

This upcoming weekend should be two pretty dang good AFC games.
Bengals are not where they should be - they would have been riding a TEN game winning streak, and hosting Buffalo this weekend.....Buffalo would have just a 2 game winning streak, and who knows if they get out of round 1 facing someone other than the Dolphins if they ended up as the #3 seed....

Bunch of BS....

(sarcasm for the uneducated)

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reminds me to stop worrying about the back-half of the schedule before the season begins. Remember when folks generally assumed that 5-3 would be a good record for the Bengals over their final 8? The Chiefs ended up with two games in their final 8 against a Denver team that we all thought would be better than they were and a game against the Rams that looked more daunting at the beginning of the year. After beating the Chiefs in October, the Bills beat one playoff team the rest of the way - A home game against Miami.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reminds me to stop worrying about the back-half of the schedule before the season begins. Remember when folks generally assumed that 5-3 would be a good record for the Bengals over their final 8? The Chiefs ended up with two games in their final 8 against a Denver team that we all thought would be better than they were and a game against the Rams that looked more daunting at the beginning of the year. After beating the Chiefs in October, the Bills beat one playoff team the rest of the way - A home game against Miami.
I say it every year...when the schedule talk really ramps up in July/August. It is not the same schedule when you actually play the games.

It is as much WHEN you play a team as much as it is WHO you play.

Think the Bengals go 0-2 again to start the year with a healthy Burrow? Me either...but, that's what happens. Think the Dolphins struggle down the stretch with a healthy Tua? Probably not. Is SF as good on offense now with Jimmy as opposed to Purdy? Do the Eagles go 0-2 in that stretch without Hurts?

It's a nice talking point, for sure, there's not much else that goes on in the down months - but to fret overly about the schedule until you get even remotely close to those games is a fools errand.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH the final 8 is probably what it should be.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of the season, the Chiefs were supposed to have far and away the hardest schedule in football by conventional metrics and that didnt pan out at all. Bengals, IIRC, were supposed to have the hardest schedule by advanced metrics. Both teams had 'mid' schedules ranked 16th and 17th respectively.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of the season, the Chiefs were supposed to have far and away the hardest schedule in football by conventional metrics and that didnt pan out at all. Bengals, IIRC, were supposed to have the hardest schedule by advanced metrics. Both teams had 'mid' schedules ranked 16th and 17th respectively.
Where did you get your schedule ranking? If we use Football Outsiders based on DVOA the Bengals had the 4th hardest schedule. The Chiefs were 29. I know there are many ways of assessing strength of schedule.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah.

Health matters, though. You dont have guys like Lamar Jackson, Mike Williams, and Tua then you're probably going home. Its a parity league with a salary cap so you cant really lose too important players. When the Chiefs and Broncos got rolled in the SB with Mahomes and Peyton, they were missing guys. You dont really want banged up teams advancing to the SB.

Jags also had one heck of a 2nd half adjustment. Teams with that 'counter punch' certainly deserve to move on. Bengals over Chiefs last year for example. Chiefs over Niners in the SB a few years back. The counter punch usually is a team figuring out a major flaw in the other team.
Yep. Dolphins had every chance in the world to win if Tua is playing imo that defense did all they can do considering what they were working with and Miami's offense.
Obviously, when you have different players in the game chances but Lamar gives Baltimore a much better chance.

A lot of things come down to injuries and luck...happens every year. Buffalo and Cincy were fortunate. Not to mention a 99 yard fumble.
Jags may have earned it more than anyone...coming back from a 27 point deficit.
LA still had their QB unlike BAL and MIA but either way all of these teams have a long, bright future with their franchise QB's.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you get your schedule ranking? If we use Football Outsiders based on DVOA the Bengals had the 4th hardest schedule. The Chiefs were 29. I know there are many ways of assessing strength of schedule.
I just google win percentage. Tbh, DVOA is probably better.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Dolphins had every chance in the world to win if Tua is playing imo that defense did all they can do considering what they were working with and Miami's offense.
Obviously, when you have different players in the game chances but Lamar gives Baltimore a much better chance.

A lot of things come down to injuries and luck...happens every year. Buffalo and Cincy were fortunate. Not to mention a 99 yard fumble.
Jags may have earned it more than anyone...coming back from a 27 point deficit.
LA still had their QB unlike BAL and MIA but either way all of these teams have a long, bright future with their franchise QB's.
I mean, you can say the Jags 'earned' it.... But you could also say that it takes a pretty horrendous coaching staff to blow a 27 point lead. Particularly one that decided they didn't even want to try to run the ball and maybe shorten a game that they were leading by 4 scores. Dicker the Kicker doesn't get off the hook either - Seems like everyone in the media forgets that the guy missed an easy field goal that would have made the full comeback much more difficult.

But I do agree that injuries and luck play a big role and they will again this year. I think every team left has some weaknesses. Games could turn on a lot of random stuff.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought better of the Bengals and Bills before this past weekend. I was really looking forward to their regular season matchup and even though it's going to be must-win for them this weekend...it just doesn't have the same intrigue now.

Now with Trevor Lawrence and Doug Pederson's performance against the Chargers I'm looking at them in a very different way. They don't quit and they'll try anything to win. They're scary.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs-Jaguars likely won't be close.
Why do you say that? I didn't think the Texans vs Chiefs would be close, or the Chiefs vs. Broncos. Any team in the NFL can beat another team on any given day.

Honestly, the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs have all struggled with what we would consider lesser opponents coming down the stretch. Difference between them and the less quality record teams, they find ways to pull it out. Now, with that said, injuries are starting to really stack up, especially for Cincinnati, so I imagine health will play the biggest part in who limps into the SB against San Francisco.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought better of the Bengals and Bills before this past weekend. I was really looking forward to their regular season matchup and even though it's going to be must-win for them this weekend...it just doesn't have the same intrigue now.

Now with Trevor Lawrence and Doug Pederson's performance against the Chargers I'm looking at them in a very different way. They don't quit and they'll try anything to win. They're scary.
I agree. The Chiefs for the Bengals have become a familiar foe over the last year, I am sure the Bengals are to the Chiefs as well. However, the Jags seem like a very scary unknown at this point, and with health, they could surprise this year just like Cincinnati did last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bengals v Bills seems more predictable. Josh Allen will make big throws. Bengals will get a couple of key turnovers. Itll be something like 27-24 late with one QB being super clutch and the other one getting sacked late ceiling the game.

Chiefs v Bengals could be anything. Young defenses. Creating coaches. Last time they played, the Jags recovered an onside kick, and forced 3 more turnovers...and still lost by 10. Chiefs got over 9 yards a pass. Juju got concussed as Cisco was headhunting. Playoff game will almost certainly be chippy. Chiefs also didnt have a single penalty called on them that game. That wont happen again. I do think advanced metrics would suggest a Chiefs blow out but Jags could be a lot better than when we played last.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say that? I didn't think the Texans vs Chiefs would be close, or the Chiefs vs. Broncos. Any team in the NFL can beat another team on any given day.

Honestly, the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs have all struggled with what we would consider lesser opponents coming down the stretch. Difference between them and the less quality record teams, they find ways to pull it out. Now, with that said, injuries are starting to really stack up, especially for Cincinnati, so I imagine health will play the biggest part in who limps into the SB against San Francisco.

Because the Chiefs are a far better team than the Jaguars.

Also 49ers won't be making it to the Super Bowl. They are fools gold after playing the easiest schedule in the league.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Chiefs are a far better team than the Jaguars.

Also 49ers won't be making it to the Super Bowl. They are fools gold after playing the easiest schedule in the league.
Football Outsiders have the Eagles with the easiest schedule in the league. The Niners had the second easiest. I don't think we should split hairs - Both teams benefited from playing weak teams.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals v Bills seems more predictable. Josh Allen will make big throws. Bengals will get a couple of key turnovers. Itll be something like 27-24 late with one QB being super clutch and the other one getting sacked late ceiling the game.

Chiefs v Bengals could be anything. Young defenses. Creating coaches. Last time they played, the Jags recovered an onside kick, and forced 3 more turnovers...and still lost by 10. Chiefs got over 9 yards a pass. Juju got concussed as Cisco was headhunting. Playoff game will almost certainly be chippy. Chiefs also didnt have a single penalty called on them that game. That wont happen again. I do think advanced metrics would suggest a Chiefs blow out but Jags could be a lot better than when we played last.
Oh.... you think the Chiefs will be penalized this weekend? The Jags aint getting any calls this weekend. Book it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football Outsiders have the Eagles with the easiest schedule in the league. The Niners had the second easiest. I don't think we should split hairs - Both teams benefited from playing weak teams.
Meanwhile, 3 of the 4 teams in the NFC Final Four are from the Eagles division. Analytics are fucking hilarious. Just heard a drop on the radio that PFF has the Giants ranked as the NFL’s 29th best team…even after they end up in the NFC semifinals.