• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith is like a bad credit report, its take 7 years for it to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Collection accounts and charge offs remain for 7 years from first serious delinquency or charge off date.

-Paying an old debt does NOT reset the clock on reporting for another 7 years.

Thats what happens when you dont draft Demarcus Ware or Aaron Rogers you get stuck with Alex Smith and his bad credit

-Good credit stays for 10 years and then it is aged off but can stay longer.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Collection accounts and charge offs remain for 7 years from first serious delinquency or charge off date.

Thats what happens when you dont draft Demarcus Ware or Aaron Rogers you get stuck with Alex Smith and his bad credit

agree its been way overdone as is. we've long passed the era of projecting good improvement from Alex Smith. so we should all be "acting like we've been there before", not shocked he isn't playing like an All-Pro.

BUT, so far he's doing ok as a placeholder for 2011. IMO his first priority is take care of the ball, and after three games its good.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Be careful. Comments like that will get you banned from here. I'm not saying you're one of THOSE posters, but you could be easily misinterpreted online.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
agree its been way overdone as is. we've long passed the era of projecting good improvement from Alex Smith. so we should all be "acting like we've been there before", not shocked he isn't playing like an All-Pro.

BUT, so far he's doing ok as a placeholder for 2011. IMO his first priority is take care of the ball, and after three games its good.

Yeah, I don't get all the outrage. Smith is playing better than I expected. Not sure what other folks thought was going to happen. He's been solid if unspectacular so far this year. If he can keep that up, we should be able to compete in the division. To compete in the playoffs, we'll need some more help from the other guys on offense.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah, I don't get all the outrage. Smith is playing better than I expected. Not sure what other folks thought was going to happen. He's been solid if unspectacular so far this year. If he can keep that up, we should be able to compete in the division. To compete in the playoffs, we'll need some more help from the other guys on offense.

I agree with what you say. The problem so far this year is, obviously, the lack of running game. Had we had any running game to speak of we'd be 3-0 right now..with Smith at QB to boot.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Standards should be hire.

I agree with you all, Im just tired of feeling like we can only win 6 to 8 games a year. I remember when the Niners would win 12 games a season that how high our standards were. We are in a division that isnt good at all and we should be dominating it. Can you imagine how good we would look it we were winning 12 games and and the rest of the division were 5 to 6 win teams we could rest our guys the last three games each season and get healthy for the playoffs. But that doesnt always turn out right

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 2 and 1, in first place in our division, and Alex is possibly having best best season to date and we still get these threads? It's sad that we still take the time to read them.

We all know he's not the answer as far as the future of this team is concerned, but he's the best we have and he's limiting mistakes. Give the guy a fuckin break for once.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with you all, Im just tired of feeling like we can only win 6 to 8 games a year. I remember when the Niners would win 12 games a season that how high our standards were. We are in a division that isnt good at all and we should be dominating it. Can you imagine how good we would look it we were winning 12 games and and the rest of the division were 5 to 6 win teams we could rest our guys the last three games each season and get healthy for the playoffs. But that doesnt always turn out right

no question and can't imagine anyone feeling otherwise?

we can apply "we should" to almost anything and pretty sure this board has? most didn't expect a winning 2011 season although its hard to tell right after a game? anyways, we can understand 6 to 8 wins in 2011, and we just need to see upside as we go along.

if you asked me prior to the season, if i'd take the RESULTS of these 3 games.......YEP! who couldn't predict it'll be ugly on offense?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm hoping Alex can go into Philly and win a game against the Eagles.

That will give him some more street cred.

Also I think at this point in the season if you compare him against his first 3 games last year I think Alex made more bonehead decisions in those first 3 games. Bonehead coaching last year maybe translating to bonehead QB play?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Alex can go into Philly and win a game against the Eagles.

That will give him some more street cred.

Also I think at this point in the season if you compare him against his first 3 games last year I think Alex made more bonehead decisions in those first 3 games. Bonehead coaching last year maybe translating to bonehead QB play?

I'm not annointing him as anything, but I think there was both a negative that was taken away (Singletary/Nolan lack of QB knowledge) as well as Harbaugh adding some. Anyway, I'm not saying anything new, just agreeing with you.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deep, jordan... I get what both of you are saying... but the other board got flooded with these threads. I'm pretty sure nobody is satisfied with Smith up to this point in his career. But right now he isn't playing badly so lets just let it rest for a while. Unless we want to have the shoulda coulda woulda debate over Rodgers etc every week. Do we really need a new Alex Smith thread because you had a clever one liner about him??

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont remember one person who wanted ware. i would have taken merriman over ware. my dream scenerio was trading down with san diego for brees and the pick for merriman.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well Flyingiguana, let me take this opportunity to remind you that you were one of the biggest Alex Smith advocates in 2005 and defended him more than anyone else on the ESPN board.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deep, jordan... I get what both of you are saying... but the other board got flooded with these threads. I'm pretty sure nobody is satisfied with Smith up to this point in his career. But right now he isn't playing badly so lets just let it rest for a while. Unless we want to have the shoulda coulda woulda debate over Rodgers etc every week. Do we really need a new Alex Smith thread because you had a clever one liner about him??

It was clever?

Regardless, I tore into Smith after the Cowboys loss, but deep is right. Why was anybody expecting him to perform better than he has? I think he's been pretty much on par with the best we've ever seen him perform in his history with the 9ers.

Now here's the crux of the matter. That level of play just isn't very good. Let me amend that. That level of play just isn't good. It's subpar for a passing league, and it looks worse than it is because we have virtually no running game to speak of since Gore seems to have hit the wall. But he's what we're living with this year, and he has taken care of the ball reasonably well (that one game-killing INT against Dallas notwithstanding).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was clever?

Regardless, I tore into Smith after the Cowboys loss, but deep is right. Why was anybody expecting him to perform better than he has? I think he's been pretty much on par with the best we've ever seen him perform in his history with the 9ers.

Now here's the crux of the matter. That level of play just isn't very good. Let me amend that. That level of play just isn't good. It's subpar for a passing league, and it looks worse than it is because we have virtually no running game to speak of since Gore seems to have hit the wall. But he's what we're living with this year, and he has taken care of the ball reasonably well (that one game-killing INT against Dallas notwithstanding).

How was it game-killing? After the INT, we pulled ahead by 10 points with something like eight minutes remaining in the game. The INT hurt the way that every INT hurt. It's not like he threw a pick-six with no time left to cost the game. It basically just nullified the INT we had gotten two plays earlier.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Alex Smith to bad credit card doesn't constitute a productive thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.