• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Albany, Lincoln, St. Paul VS. A. Thicke, N. Young, A. Lavigne GNT

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 tonight and a lot in the news yesterday and today, so I'm gonna try to condense it all for you here.

The Caps' are riding high after a big comeback in game 2 and a 5-1 bruising of the Habs in game 3. The Caps found their offense after nearly 5 periods of frustration and have outscored the Habs 10-2 over the last 82 minutes of the series. But the power play continues to struggle - the Caps have not scored in 21 straight power plays after leading the league in conversions during the regular season. They practiced on it yesterday and there was a small flap about a Montreal assistant coach observing the practice, but nothing much seems to have come of it.

In the net, both teams will be featuring different goalies than they started the series with. Carey Price starts for the Habs after being solid in relief in game 3 (he yielded 2 goals on 23 shots). Semyon Varlamov remains in the net after coming on in relief early in game 2. Varly was named the first star in Monday's game, withstanding a fierce barrage in the first period and stopping 26 of 27 shots in the game.

Each team has a possible injury to a D-man that is unclear going into tonight. Shaone Morrisson may be out for the Caps, in which case John Erskine or Tyler Sloan would replace him. The bigger concern is Jaroslav Spacek, who is a game-time decision according to the Habs and did not practice yesterday or today. Spacek has been widely credited with limiting Alex Ovechkin (who still has 2 G, 3A, and is a +4 in 3 games), so his absence would be very concerning for Canadiens' fans. If Spacek does play, Darche will be out and Bergeron will move to forward.

The Caps are going with the same lines as in game 3. They seem to be favoring some speed on the 4th line with Steckel as a healthy scratch.
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Semin - Belanger - Fleischmann
Laich - B. Morrison - Fehr
Chimera - Gordon - Bradley

Rumors continue to fly about the steroids story and the Caps, but the team doesn't seem to be giving it much credence.

That's it from the pre-game report. See everyone in a couple hours for the game!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damit eloco!!!
You beat me by the matter of minutes... :mad:

Sorry, chief. But I pulled from the Post, ****, and the Montreal Gazette, so you can't say my research is sloppy. ; )

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 tonight and a lot in the news yesterday and today, so I'm gonna try to condense it all for you here.

The Caps' are riding high after a big comeback in game 2 and a 5-1 bruising of the Habs in game 3. The Caps found their offense after nearly 5 periods of frustration and have outscored the Habs 10-2 over the last 82 minutes of the series. But the power play continues to struggle - the Caps have not scored in 21 straight power plays after leading the league in conversions during the regular season. They practiced on it yesterday and there was a small flap about a Montreal assistant coach observing the practice, but nothing much seems to have come of it.

In the net, both teams will be featuring different goalies than they started the series with. Carey Price starts for the Habs after being solid in relief in game 3 (he yielded 2 goals on 23 shots). Semyon Varlamov remains in the net after coming on in relief early in game 2. Varly was named the first star in Monday's game, withstanding a fierce barrage in the first period and stopping 26 of 27 shots in the game.

Each team has a possible injury to a D-man that is unclear going into tonight. Shaone Morrisson may be out for the Caps, in which case John Erskine or Tyler Sloan would replace him. The bigger concern is Jaroslav Spacek, who is a game-time decision according to the Habs and did not practice yesterday or today. Spacek has been widely credited with limiting Alex Ovechkin (who still has 2 G, 3A, and is a +4 in 3 games), so his absence would be very concerning for Canadiens' fans. If Spacek does play, Darche will be out and Bergeron will move to forward.

The Caps are going with the same lines as in game 3. They seem to be favoring some speed on the 4th line with Steckel as a healthy scratch.
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Semin - Belanger - Fleischmann
Laich - B. Morrison - Fehr
Chimera - Gordon - Bradley

Rumors continue to fly about the steroids story and the Caps, but the team doesn't seem to be giving it much credence.

That's it from the pre-game report. See everyone in a couple hours for the game!

Well aren't you thorough?

=)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep forgetting I can't mention the site that must not be named. Oops.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way too nervous for more than an hour before the game. I hate the playoffs! But I love the playoffs! But I also hate them.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I'm not that nervous tonight. By no means do I think this an easy win or anything, but there's certainly less pressure being up a game. Though, with the Caps history in series in which they have the lead, maybe I should be more nervous.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritual...

(horn horn horn) Let's... Go.... Caps!!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Morrisson and Spacek are out as Eloco said they might be ....

Net gain for the Caps, though I certainly think Morrisson has played pretty well in the series. Any idea if Erskine or Sloan is getting the call?

Kinda weird that Alzner is no longer in the picture, I'd take him over either of those guys, though Sloan had a couple great games down the stretch.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. I think that's a better choice than Erskine, especially in handling some of the Habs' speedsters.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda weird that Alzner is no longer in the picture, I'd take him over either of those guys, though Sloan had a couple great games down the stretch.

Agree, although since he hasn't been up since middle of the year, it would be hard to ask him to come up now, or even 5 games before the playoffs started