• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alaska Guy is Slacking...

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athlon Sports = Nebraska Football: Cornhuskers Still Growing Rivalry Roots in the Big Ten

@AlaskaGuy

giphy.gif

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@outofyourmind

"Many Nebraska fans bristle at calling Iowa a rival. This is understandable as what Huskers deem worthy of that title is what was had with Oklahoma. Yes, the two teams were often in the national championship hunt and the game's winner was usually an eventual conference champion. However, this was a contest built on respect. To the Sooners, the Huskers were like fellow Vikings who shared a love of battling outside the gates of Valhalla before a night of celebratory drinking."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think the Iowa game could be a fun one with potential of an actual rivalry... but Iowa fans need to lighten up. I know the article said that OU/NU rivalry was built on respect doled out to each other due to the implications every year. Meaning that the OU/NU game typically decided a national title representative as well as a conference champion, so both teams typically showed up.

Iowas (or at least the fans) problem in this regard is the fact that Nebraska has this awesome history and Iowa doesn't. So Iowa, much in the way of a little brother beating an older brother at a video or board game, tries to throw it in his face every chance they get. Yes, Iowa fans. Iowa has won the last 4 games. Congratulations, sincerely. Now you just have to relax and act like you've been there. If you want to be respected by Nebraska fans (and we know you do) then stop trying to downplay our history just because you don't have one.

You won't be treated like a little brother if you stop acting like one.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@outofyourmind

"Many Nebraska fans bristle at calling Iowa a rival. This is understandable as what Huskers deem worthy of that title is what was had with Oklahoma. Yes, the two teams were often in the national championship hunt and the game's winner was usually an eventual conference champion. However, this was a contest built on respect. To the Sooners, the Huskers were like fellow Vikings who shared a love of battling outside the gates of Valhalla before a night of celebratory drinking."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks.
These made up rivalries are bullshit, but the games are great to watch.

You can't just make it up and wish it to come true. Some effort needs to be put into it

Like battling like you said every year for the CC and maybe play for an NC.
Something of value has to be lost, more than just the game, for you to call them a rival.

tenor.gif

It's all gone. Like a fart in the wind.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Oklahoma made Nebraska better. Those are the words of Tom Osborne.

Just not the case with Iowa.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think the Iowa game could be a fun one with potential of an actual rivalry... but Iowa fans need to lighten up. I know the article said that OU/NU rivalry was built on respect doled out to each other due to the implications every year. Meaning that the OU/NU game typically decided a national title representative as well as a conference champion, so both teams typically showed up.

Iowas (or at least the fans) problem in this regard is the fact that Nebraska has this awesome history and Iowa doesn't. So Iowa, much in the way of a little brother beating an older brother at a video or board game, tries to throw it in his face every chance they get. Yes, Iowa fans. Iowa has won the last 4 games. Congratulations, sincerely. Now you just have to relax and act like you've been there. If you want to be respected by Nebraska fans (and we know you do) then stop trying to downplay our history just because you don't have one.

You won't be treated like a little brother if you stop acting like one.

I am no ordinary Iowa fan bashing Nebraska. I have years of Nebraska fans bashing Iowa and the B1G while I went to college there, and there wasn't even a rivalry at all. The only rivalry was which conference was better. But Nebraska fans always thought they had a better program than Iowa, even if Iowa did better.

So, now that Iowa is having a stretch of a lot better success, yes, I am going to troll that while it lasts.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no ordinary Iowa fan bashing Nebraska. I have years of Nebraska fans bashing Iowa and the B1G while I went to college there, and there wasn't even a rivalry at all. The only rivalry was which conference was better. But Nebraska fans always thought they had a better program than Iowa, even if Iowa did better.

So, now that Iowa is having a stretch of a lot better success, yes, I am going to troll that while it lasts.

Nebraska will always be a better program than Iowa.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has cornholed the Huskers that past five out of six years.

Great...would you have said at any point during Oregon's 12 year dominance of UW that the Ducks had a better program than UW?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has cornholed the Huskers that past five out of six years.

What's your point?

A 'program' is a lot more than W/L over a 6 year period.

Was Auburn a better program over Alabama when they won 6 straight over the Tide from 2002-2007?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point?

A 'program' is a lot more than W/L over a 6 year period.

Was Auburn a better program over Alabama when they won 6 straight over the Tide from 2002-2007?
I'm not even an Iowa fan other than they run a clean program and they do pretty decent for where they're located. Granted Iowa doesn't have the fame Nebraska does but they're a solid program imo.