• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alan Trammell and Jack Morris elected into HOF

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Higginson

Guffaw

Cannot hear that guy's name without recalling the time he got heckled by the Bleacher Creatures at the old Yankee Stadium. I don't recall the entire song, but it started out something like: "Boooooooooobby Higginson...he sucks PENISES..." and then it went downhill from there

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guffaw

Cannot hear that guy's name without recalling the time he got heckled by the Bleacher Creatures at the old Yankee Stadium. I don't recall the entire song, but it started out something like: "Boooooooooobby Higginson...he sucks PENISES..." and then it went downhill from there

That is a merciless crew...I remember them chanting "Hey-HOR Hey-HOR Hey-HOR" whenever Posada came up to bat in the old park.
They made sheer crudity and accurate pronunciation of Spanish names into an art form...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Freehan
Johnny Bassler
Cecil Fielder
Bobby Higginson
Torey Lovullo
?

Freehan should have... 11 time all star for a catcher... that is pretty consistent... plus he is a catcher...

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, there is a good case for Freehan given the offensive environment he played in and his qualities as a catcher.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a merciless crew...I remember them chanting "Hey-HOR Hey-HOR Hey-HOR" whenever Posada came up to bat in the old park.
They made sheer crudity and accurate pronunciation of Spanish names into an art form...

I've been told they're not as bad in the new ball park.

I used to date a chick that liked the yanks, and liked sitting out in the bleachers. It uh, didn't work out between us... for unrelated reasons, of course...

But we saw lots of tarded shit. Eventually she found her breaking point and decided she would never sit there again.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a strong no for Jack Morris making the HOF... but I think I have to change my mind... look at the potential HOF pitchers who started their careers in the 70s... it was a TERRIBLE decade for SPs to start their careers...

Jack Morris is surprisingly the 2nd best of them, right after Bert Blyleven(but you can argue Morris was the bigger name)... at least when you talk about the whole career...

Morris had a 105 career ERA+, which puts him as slightly above average among his peers. No 300 wins, No Cy Youngs. Was he ever, even for one season, considered the best pitcher in the league?

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told they're not as bad in the new ball park.

I used to date a chick that liked the yanks, and liked sitting out in the bleachers. It uh, didn't work out between us... for unrelated reasons, of course...

But we saw lots of tarded shit. Eventually she found her breaking point and decided she would never sit there again.

Did they hang a hot dog slathered in mustard on a string over her head?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they hang a hot dog slathered in mustard on a string over her head?

Bwah! No, they usually didn't eat their own...she always wore her NY hat or jersey. But the last straw for her was to see hot dogs thrown in the face of a female Boston fan

Edit: no mustard, which is just rude

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwah! No, they usually didn't eat their own...she always wore her NY hat or jersey. But the last straw for her was to see hot dogs thrown in the face of a female Boston fan

Edit: no mustard, which is just rude

I take it you were not wearing any Mets gear?

Im my experience, they're even more brutal to Met fans.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew better. I'd go in wearing neutral colors.

I did once wear a Red Sox hat to a Yankees game, when I went with some friends from Boston. But we sat in one of the upper decks, and it was a saturday afternoon game, with a much more mellow crowd.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one time I went to NYC wearing Bosox gear, a great many Mets fans were very nice to me.
One even said he wished the Mets could have beat any other AL team in '86.
The reaction in Yankee more than made up for the Mets hospitality, though.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one time I went to NYC wearing Bosox gear, a great many Mets fans were very nice to me.
One even said he wished the Mets could have beat any other AL team in '86.
The reaction in Yankee more than made up for the Mets hospitality, though.

The hatred runs deep.

I remember reading that when the Arizona D-backs visited Boston in 2002, their money was no good in the bars in Boston, due to what they had done to the Yankees the October before.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hatred runs deep.
I remember reading that when the Arizona D-backs visited Boston in 2002, their money was no good in the bars in Boston, due to what they had done to the Yankees the October before.
Strangely enough, some of my best ballpark conversations have been with Yanks fans in Boston and NY.
The best time ever was when the Cubs were visiting Fenway and some rabid fans from the NW suburbs sat behind us...I was a N Suburbs kid and we had a lot to talk about. The best moment was when some obscure Cubbies reliever came in and one of the guys behind us yelled, "You've GOTTA watch this guy...he's the WORST reliever in the whole National League!!"
Sure enough, he gave up a couple of HRs and got one out before he was pulled!

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey nynasty, tangent here but have you read Munson's autobiography?
Released after his unfortunate passing, I saw it in paperback at an antique store for a buck and figured it was worth it.
Munson made more sense to me after I read it, he was just a no-nonsense guy who made his family a high priority and disliked a lot of the shenanigans with the NY media. The whole thing with him flying was to spend more time with his family in Ohio, which was news to me. He actually expressed an interest in finishing his career with the Indians to be closer to home, which I'm sure sent Steinbrenner off.
He really did hate Fisk, though, he had no problem with saying that. Probably not that directly...

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey nynasty, tangent here but have you read Munson's autobiography?
Released after his unfortunate passing, I saw it in paperback at an antique store for a buck and figured it was worth it.
Munson made more sense to me after I read it, he was just a no-nonsense guy who made his family a high priority and disliked a lot of the shenanigans with the NY media. The whole thing with him flying was to spend more time with his family in Ohio, which was news to me. He actually expressed an interest in finishing his career with the Indians to be closer to home, which I'm sure sent Steinbrenner off.
He really did hate Fisk, though, he had no problem with saying that. Probably not that directly...

Read it a long time ago.

He hated a lot of people. LOL

But his real bitterness was towards Steinbrenner, who promised him he'd always be the highest paid Yankee, until Reggie Jackson came along, then George refused to re-do Munson's deal.

He wanted out. We'll never know if he would have gotten his wish.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Freehan
Johnny Bassler
Cecil Fielder
Bobby Higginson
Torey Lovullo
?
He may have already been mentioned but I loved Chet Lemon as a kid when he was on the White Sox, and he was a Tiger too

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris had a 105 career ERA+, which puts him as slightly above average among his peers. No 300 wins, No Cy Youngs. Was he ever, even for one season, considered the best pitcher in the league?
Yeah, the POST season

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it started out something like: "Boooooooooobby Higginson...he sucks PENISES..." and then it went downhill from there

I remember them chanting "Hey-HOR Hey-HOR Hey-HOR" whenever Posada came up to bat in the old park.
You two crack me up:yo:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch our show this Thursday night at the Laugh Factory
I don't know man, I heard it's a rowdy crowd. "Hu likes to guzzle jizz and spit it back into Indrid's mouth!"... and then it only goes downhill from there