• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alan Faneca loses 100 lbs - down to 220 lbs

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. He looks like a completely different person. Talk about dedication.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, it's interesting how some of these guys shed weight after the game, and others just balloon. One of my buddies when I was living in NY is Tom Nalen's brother. I saw him last year and he was showing me some family pictures and Tom had lost over 50 pounds - he played under 300, so not quite as dramatic as Faneca. He looked like a normal guy.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Faneca looks like a skeleton compared to what he used to look like.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mark Schlereth has really cut back since his playing days, too. That one is alot more obvious because he works at ESPN now but he's one of the poster guys for lineman who immediately or almost immediately cut the weight after they were playing. With Schlereth, I think part of it was because he had upwards of 15-20+ surgeries and it helped him with less stress on his knees.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Mark Schlereth has really cut back since his playing days, too. That one is alot more obvious because he works at ESPN now but he's one of the poster guys for lineman who immediately or almost immediately cut the weight after they were playing. With Schlereth, I think part of it was because he had upwards of 15-20+ surgeries and it helped him with less stress on his knees.

I almost mentioned him. Schlereth still looks like a really big guy, to me at least. Not overweight, just built like someone you'd assume played football. Those pictures of Faneca make him look like any average guy off the street.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I almost mentioned him. Schlereth still looks like a really big guy, to me at least. Not overweight, just built like someone you'd assume played football. Those pictures of Faneca make him look like any average guy off the street.

Nah, Faneca's weight loss has been more dramatic for sure. I just felt compelled to add Schlereth just cause he's kind of become one of the poster men for players who've lost significant weight since they retired.

Although, if this kind of thing were judged I think the gold medal would have to go to Nate Newton.

Former Cowboys star Nate Newton has lost 175 pounds - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His daughter is going to imitate her father and lose the weight when she retires, which could be in 60 years or 15, depending on who she marries. Just kidding.