• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama with a BIG victory to win another National title!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a done deal! Congrats on what appears to be their ninth national title in my lifetime! Truly amazing.

Suck it Buckeyes! :harbaugh:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#jinx

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought with Fields dealing with some messed up ribs, that Ohio State was going to have a REAL tough time...especially after Fields took a few hits. When Sermon left after the first few plays, and it was clear he was done for the night, I didn't see a reasonable scenario where Ohio State was going to win the game. They played a great game under the circumstances they were facing, but a fully healthy Ohio State team would have had a tough time with this Bama squad. They weren't even close to fully healthy.

Now it's time to move on to next season. Hopefully it won't be filled with empty to near empty stadiums and we can get back to some good OOC games!

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Alabama. They clearly had the better team. Devonte Smith looks like the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice. I would draft him as high as number 2.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of college football. As such, I don't have any particular favorite team. Nor for that matter, do I have a "hate" for any team.

But I wish there were more teams that could challenge for the top. I was happy when LSU broke through last year. Unfortunately, next years natty will probably be two of the same teams that were in this year's playoff.

Damn, I'd welcome an Oklahoma-Southern Cal game just for the variety.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of college football. As such, I don't have any particular favorite team. Nor for that matter, do I have a "hate" for any team.

But I wish there were more teams that could challenge for the top. I was happy when LSU broke through last year. Unfortunately, next years natty will probably be two of the same teams that were in this year's playoff.

Damn, I'd welcome an Oklahoma-Southern Cal game just for the variety.

I don't think adding more pomp and circumstance to the playoffs, where the outcome is still likely going to come down to one of the top 3 teams, would achieve more parity.

Just my opinion, but if you want true parity, drop the football scholarship limit to 75. Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, etc. won't be able to have a 4* third string RB, eight 4*-5* WR's on the roster, etc. If those schools recruit the wrong guy, they won't be knee deep in high end recruits at those positions.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think adding more pomp and circumstance to the playoffs, where the outcome is still likely going to come down to one of the top 3 teams, would achieve more parity.

Just my opinion, but if you want true parity, drop the football scholarship limit to 75. Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, etc. won't be able to have a 4* third string RB, eight 4*-5* WR's on the roster, etc. If those schools recruit the wrong guy, they won't be knee deep in high end recruits at those positions.
It isn’t just recruiting. It’s about player development. Auburn, TAMU, and UGA tend to snag classes as good as or better than Clemson.

WRT parity, just 9 years ago Clemson was recovering from a 70-33 loss to WVU in the Orange Bowl. They pulled themselves up with an increased commitment from the administration to the program. Fact is, many other schools are unwilling to make that commitment, and instead want the NCAA to “do something about it”.

While we’re at it, let’s make Congress put academic scholarship limits on Harvard, Stanford, and MIT. Why should they hog the smartest kids? It certainly would help Alabama’s academic ranking if they could have Harvard’s freshman class.

Academic journals also need to limit the number of articles published by faculty from elite schools. That also hurts the academic rankings of other schools. MAYBE AOC should get on that one STAT.

(BTW, this was intended in jest. Not any sort of a “shot” at you.)

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t just recruiting. It’s about player development. Auburn, TAMU, and UGA tend to snag classes as good as or better than Clemson.

WRT parity, just 9 years ago Clemson was recovering from a 70-33 loss to WVU in the Orange Bowl. They pulled themselves up with an increased commitment from the administration to the program. Fact is, many other schools are unwilling to make that commitment, and instead want the NCAA to “do something about it”.

Not that I don't agree about player development (Michigan's annual top 10 recruiting class vs their on field results is proof of that), but when you look at the top 5 ranked recruiting classes over any 4 year stretch, it's pretty amazing how they mirror the top 5 ranked teams, and include many conference and national titles over the past few decades. In other words, the top ranked recruiting classes often develop their players better for some reason. Clemson is a great example of how a few highly ranked recruiting classes can make you a national power, and how maintaining a high ranking can keep you as a national power. (Clemson recruited pretty poorly in the late 2000's and into 2010 IIRC, I think they broke the top 10 in 2011 or 2012)

If you give the top teams less margin for error (fewer scholarships), and give other teams more access to highly ranked players (the players that Bama, Clemson, etc. had on their bench), I think you would create greater parity in the NCAA. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a done deal! Congrats on what appears to be their ninth national title in my lifetime! Truly amazing.

Suck it Buckeyes! :harbaugh:

At least they played the game despite missing key players due to covid.