• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama radio station airs commercial for Bama national championship gear after loss

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama radio station accidentally airs commercial for national championship gear after loss to Clemson

One Alabama radio station got a little ahead of itself late Monday night.

The Crimson Tide were defeated handily by Clemson in the College Football Playoff title game, but WJOX-94.5 FM in Birmingham ran a pre-recorded commercial from a Hoover-based Academy Sports + Outdoors store advertising Alabama national championship gear.

“What a great win over Clemson for the Crimson Tide. The sixth title in 10 years. Truly amazing. Title number seven for Nick Saban,” the commercial said. “We’re excited to celebrate this incredible victory with you.”

The ad was obviously not intended to reach air — especially from a station that broadcasted the game — but did so anyway after Clemson’s dominant 44-16 win. It was probably a bit of salt in the wound for any Bama fan who heard it, too.

Oops.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/alabam...-ad-national-championship-gear-231033215.html

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at our Academy Sunday, and they were going to be open after the game if Alabama won. I guess their inventory is on the way to Bangladesh and Chad as we type...

Last edited:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is a little embarrassing

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think before you speak. Always.:L

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of a game show (The Joker’s Wild). A few weeks after the American hostages were taken in Tehran, the big prize of the day was a trip to Iran. (Obviously the show had been taped several weeks before.)

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet there were a number of fans that still tried to purchase it.

They should have first made it available for sale a week before the game and I bet they would have had a good turn out.

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To their credit at least they know it was an erroneous mistake.

now if it were UCF on the other hand...

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama radio station accidentally airs commercial for national championship gear after loss to Clemson

One Alabama radio station got a little ahead of itself late Monday night.

The Crimson Tide were defeated handily by Clemson in the College Football Playoff title game, but WJOX-94.5 FM in Birmingham ran a pre-recorded commercial from a Hoover-based Academy Sports + Outdoors store advertising Alabama national championship gear.

“What a great win over Clemson for the Crimson Tide. The sixth title in 10 years. Truly amazing. Title number seven for Nick Saban,” the commercial said. “We’re excited to celebrate this incredible victory with you.”

The ad was obviously not intended to reach air — especially from a station that broadcasted the game — but did so anyway after Clemson’s dominant 44-16 win. It was probably a bit of salt in the wound for any Bama fan who heard it, too.

Oops.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/alabam...-ad-national-championship-gear-231033215.html

Did your cat make it over here from SO? Asking for a friend...

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances the engineer at the radio station that played that tape is an Auburn fan trolling. 85%

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at our Academy Sunday, and they were going to be open after the game if Alabama won. I guess their inventory is on the way to Bangladesh and Chad as we type...
...aren't you going to light this OP up like you did the other one?

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did your cat make it over here from SO? Asking for a friend...
No, unfortunately he can't find his ass from a hole in the ground. I bet he finds a way to make it back into the lake once it refreezes though. :tsk:

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MK has a history of legit posts. The other one has a history of repetitive flames.

Thanks Diego

Yeah you know it's all in good fun. I was rooting for Bama to win that game. Heck, I wish that Mizzou could have the chance to get blown out in a national championship game, so it's not like I can really do to much damage if I were to clown on Bama other than to myself. :nod:

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Diego

Yeah you know it's all in good fun. I was rooting for Bama to win that game. Heck, I wish that Mizzou could have the chance to get blown out in a national championship game, so it's not like I can really do to much damage if I were to clown on Bama other than to myself. :nod:

Look, I found this funny as well. And you’ve NEVER been one to flame, nor shown negativity toward us.

Besides, when you lose like we did you just have to accept you got an asskicking and move on. This was funny regardless of your affiliation.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn shame, as the Round Table on WJOX is my favorite all-time sports show.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To their credit at least they know it was an erroneous mistake.

now if it were UCF on the other hand...
Bwahaha!! This is sooo true!