• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama Football 2011: Duron Carter Could Become New Star of the Offense

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listed at 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, Carter is a huge target and runs a 4.5 40 yard dash.

Carter has the measurables necessary to replace Julio Jones and, depending on how quickly he learns the offense, could burst onto the scene and steal the spotlight from seniors Marquis Maze and Darius Hanks.

Currently, freshman DeAndrew White is listed as starting with Maze while Hanks sits on a suspension for two games. If Carter is as good as advertised, he could easily take over the freshman and force the Tide to use more three and four wide receiver sets.

:popeye:

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to get my shrine room situated over here.... Starting to feel like home.

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's up bro. Duron has the physical gifts and pedigree... the only question is does he have the heart? very questionable work ethic thusfar in his college career

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter might end up being a good receiver but he has a lot of catching up to do. I haven't look up his statistics but if that 4.5 40 is true that is not impressive at all unless he did that in full pads. I personally doubt he will rise to the Julio Jones status.

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody's comments hold water, but something just tells me that Sims and Carter will team up and make some serious waves this season. As long as DJ is healthy we will always be a run first team, but if they get that pistol tuned just right who knows.

If they just use him as a decoy and Maze gets one down the sidelines I can hang with that as well.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listed at 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, Carter is a huge target and runs a 4.5 40 yard dash.

Carter has the measurables necessary to replace Julio Jones and, depending on how quickly he learns the offense, could burst onto the scene and steal the spotlight from seniors Marquis Maze and Darius Hanks.

Currently, freshman DeAndrew White is listed as starting with Maze while Hanks sits on a suspension for two games. If Carter is as good as advertised, he could easily take over the freshman and force the Tide to use more three and four wide receiver sets.

:popeye:

Does every board have the Duron Carter virus?