• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama finally grows some ballz!!!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000. Alabama has finished 5 unbeaten, untied seasons in Pasadena, another NC in Arizona, 3-0 vs. USC in LA, 7-2-1 vs. P12 teams on the west coast.

If that represents “not liking to go west”, I’d argue the only people not liking Bama coming west are the teams they beat when they are out there.
Don't forget Alabama played @ Hawaii in 2002 (W) and 2003 (L) and the big win @ St. Mary's (CA) to end the 1932 season too!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000. Alabama has finished 5 unbeaten, untied seasons in Pasadena, another NC in Arizona, 3-0 vs. USC in LA, 7-2-1 vs. P12 teams on the west coast.

If that represents “not liking to go west”, I’d argue the only people not liking Bama coming west are the teams they beat when they are out there.
Bama hasn't been out West in 18/20 years. Bama lost to UCLA out west in 2000. I'm not too sure the last time they were out west for an OOC game, I'm thinking 2002.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Alabama played @ Hawaii in 2002 (W) and 2003 (L) and the big win @ St. Mary's (CA) to end the 1932 season too!
Hawaii and St. Mary's. WOW I forgot about those two, excuse me. :-)

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii and St. Mary's. WOW I forgot about those two, excuse me. :-)
Shut the Gaels out 6-0 in San Francisco! :) They never invited the Tide back. :) Alabama's next game in the Bay Area was the National Championship clubbing a few years ago by Clemson.

As for the Hawaii games, the 'Bows were good both years. I went to the 2002 game when Timmy Chang was QB. Alabama hung on for a 21-16 win. Great time in Hawaii along with the other 25,000 Alabama fans who made the trip.

Reminds me of a funny story about my wife who was born and raised in Iowa, graduated from Iowa State and we met in Chicago. She didn't give two hoots about Alabama before we met. She knew who the Bear was, and that was it. She was an Iowa State / Big 8 girl through and through. Well, we met in 1998, and she started liking the Tide - because of #37. She thought he was cute and had a nice ass.

So, after a couple of football seasons, I took her to the 2000 game @ UCLA for her first Alabama game - which included shopping on Rodeo Drive, Dodgers Game, nice restaurants in Pasadena, etc. along with the Alabama @ UCLA Game on a beautiful (but hot) day @ the Rose Bowl.

On the way out of the stadium, she said: "Today was a great football day, but next time you take me to an Alabama game, they better win!" Sooo...the next game I took her to was the 2002 game @ Hawaii over Thanksgiving. The Tide got ahead 21-3 and held on for a 21-16 win over the Timmy Chang led Rainbow Warriors. I enjoyed it.

On the way out of Aloha Stadium, I reminded her of her comment leaving the Rose Bowl and said: "They won today!" She looked at me and said with a straight face: "Yes, but they didn't win by enough." I just shook my head, laughed and said: "You are a REAL Alabama fan now!"

:lol:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the Gaels out 6-0 in San Francisco! :) They never invited the Tide back. :) Alabama's next game in the Bay Area was the National Championship clubbing a few years ago by Clemson.

As for the Hawaii games, the 'Bows were good both years. I went to the 2002 game when Timmy Chang was QB. Alabama hung on for a 21-16 win. Great time in Hawaii along with the other 25,000 Alabama fans who made the trip.

Reminds me of a funny story about my wife who was born and raised in Iowa, graduated from Iowa State and we met in Chicago. She didn't give two hoots about Alabama before we met. She knew who the Bear was, and that was it. She was an Iowa State / Big 8 girl through and through. Well, we met in 1998, and she started liking the Tide - because of #37. She thought he was cute and had a nice ass.

So, after a couple of football seasons, I took her to the 2000 game @ UCLA for her first Alabama game - which included shopping on Rodeo Drive, Dodgers Game, nice restaurants in Pasadena, etc. along with the Alabama @ UCLA Game on a beautiful (but hot) day @ the Rose Bowl.

On the way out of the stadium, she said: "Today was a great football day, but next time you take me to an Alabama game, they better win!" Sooo...the next game I took her to was the 2002 game @ Hawaii over Thanksgiving. The Tide got ahead 21-3 and held on for a 21-16 win over the Timmy Chang led Rainbow Warriors. I enjoyed it.

On the way out of Aloha Stadium, I reminded her of her comment leaving the Rose Bowl and said: "They won today!" She looked at me and said with a straight face: "Yes, but they didn't win by enough." I just shook my head, laughed and said: "You are a REAL Alabama fan now!"

:lol:
Great story, I loved it. Reminds me when I was younger and went to the 1963 USC/Wisconsin
Rose bowl game. In the 60's I lived about 1/4 of a mile from Dodger Stadium and went to as many games as I could. Great days, I sure miss them. Is your wife still a Bama fan?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you read my comment #18? I was talking about Bama coming out West, for an OOC game.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great story, I loved it. Reminds me when I was younger and went to the 1963 USC/Wisconsin
Rose bowl game. In the 60's I lived about 1/4 of a mile from Dodger Stadium and went to as many games as I could. Great days, I sure miss them. Is your wife still a Bama fan?
OMG, Yes! More of one than I am, and I was born and bred with a stuffed elephant in my crib! lol. She still likes to go to a game from time to time. Our last game was the Citrus Bowl this past year and had a fun time.

The USC-Wisconsin Rose Bowl was a few years before my time, but I remember the 1970 and 1971 Alabama-USC games! My parents went to the 1970 game, and my mom brought me another stuffed elephant from that epic historical night. Then, the next year, in 1971, I listened to the game @ the Coliseum on the radio with my mom and my elephant but fell asleep due to the 9 pm Friday Night kickoff (I was still a wee bairn). Good memories of Alabama and USC from the '70s! As a matter of fact, the first time I saw Alabama lose in person was to that GREAT USC team in 1978 led by Paul McDonald, Charles White and that MASSIVE O-line!

P.S. I grew up as a Dodger fan because I hated the Reds. lol. I ended up living in Cincinnati for 17 years and became a Reds fan, but I still despise the Big Red Machine and still have a soft spot for the Dodgers. lol.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, Yes! More of one than I am, and I was born and bred with a stuffed elephant in my crib! lol. She still likes to go to a game from time to time. Our last game was the Citrus Bowl this past year and had a fun time.

The USC-Wisconsin Rose Bowl was a few years before my time, but I remember the 1970 and 1971 Alabama-USC games! My parents went to the 1970 game, and my mom brought me another stuffed elephant from that epic historical night. Then, the next year, in 1971, I listened to the game @ the Coliseum on the radio with my mom and my elephant but fell asleep due to the 9 pm Friday Night kickoff (I was still a wee bairn). Good memories of Alabama and USC from the '70s! As a matter of fact, the first time I saw Alabama lose in person was to that GREAT USC team in 1978 led by Paul McDonald, Charles White and that MASSIVE O-line!

P.S. I grew up as a Dodger fan because I hated the Reds. lol. I ended up living in Cincinnati for 17 years and became a Reds fan, but I still despise the Big Red Machine and still have a soft spot for the Dodgers. lol.
Even if we are a few (many) years apart in age, I bet you and I would have some great story to tell one another.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we are a few (many) years apart in age, I bet you and I would have some great story to tell one another.
For sure man! Perhaps we will share a beer one day? :suds:

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama hasn't been out West in 18/20 years. Bama lost to UCLA out west in 2000. I'm not too sure the last time they were out west for an OOC game, I'm thinking 2002.

We don't go out west very much either. Basically the only time we go out there is to beat some gulf-coast hobbit ass on national television in front of all of California's 5*s. It's a shame. I'd really like a home and home with USC or Oregon. I think that could be pretty neat.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still in the Southland?
Actually I live in Washington State. I moved here in 1972. I went back to Los Angeles for a visit in 1977 and I thanked my lucky stars that I moved out. Great place to be from, far from.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I live in Washington State. I moved here in 1972. I went back to Los Angeles for a visit in 1977 and I thanked my lucky stars that I moved out. Great place to be from, far from.
Understand! I lived in California twice (1985-6) and (1995-6). Loved it both times, but just not a good financial bargain in life. Love Washington State too. Been to Seattle several times (including the 1992 USC @ Washington game) and Pullman once.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. When TV was in black and white?
Alabama has been owning the Golden State in CFB since the Radio days! By the time Alabama played their first game on black and white TV (7-6 victory @ Fordham in 1939 as part of the 1939 NYC World's Fair), they had already won 3 Rose Bowls (1926, 1931 and 1935), tied another (1927), beaten St. Mary's @ San Francisco to end the 1932 season and beaten USC @ the Coliseum to open the 1938 season!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand! I lived in California twice (1985-6) and (1995-6). Loved it both times, but just not a good financial bargain in life. Love Washington State too. Been to Seattle several times (including the 1992 USC @ Washington game) and Pullman once.
Husky Stadium is a very nice place to watch a football game, love the view of Lake Washington.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my comment #18? I was talking about Bama coming out West, for an OOC game.

Ad I said, 2000. I can’t really elaborate on a 1-word answer. I CAN, however, offer plenty of facts that Alabama has no issues going out west.