• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll just go ahead and say it. Booney did it again. All 3 games the starter could/should have gone longer.

Turns out, it's tough to manage a club that's not top 1 or 2 in OPS.

He's being exposed on a nightly basis now. Not the right guy for this group.

What a fucking debacle.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a fucking debacle.

He went to the Wizard and asked for a heart, he should of asked for a brain......

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 vs cws
3 vs bos
3 vs nyy

next 9 games is big for the Jays
Hopefully Springer gets in the lineup during this stretch

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a fucking debacle.
He did pull the starter early in all 3 games, right? I’m not imagining that??

Yankees looking pretty disinterested overall. Gardner jogging after the ball on Friday allowing an extra base. Andujar alligator-arming the fly ball near the wall on Saturday and then Lemahieu dropping the pop-up for a double yesterday. Surprised to see it.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankees looking pretty disinterested overall. Gardner jogging after the ball on Friday allowing an extra base. Andujar alligator-arming the fly ball near the wall on Saturday and then Lemahieu dropping the pop-up for a double yesterday. Surprised to see it.
with the new rules doesnt everyone make the playoffs anyway??

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the new rules doesnt everyone make the playoffs anyway??
They don’t have the expanded field this year. Just the 3 division winners and the 2 wild cards again. They only did the expanded field in the short season last year(though there was talk of keeping it around).

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought verdugo was a little nonchalant going after that ball last night and allowing Judge to score. But overall great series. Sox definitely got the break from that odor strike call.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought verdugo was a little nonchalant going after that ball last night and allowing Judge to score. But overall great series. Sox definitely got the break from that odor strike call.
I was following on Gamecast, and going off of that I thought, What in the hell was the ump doing, did some girl in the stands flash her boobs and distract him?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take it for sure but yes they got a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE break there

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give Andujar a pass, because he's played about 5 games in his life in the OF, and lord knows they need his bat. That Lemehieu drop was stunning-haven't seen him muff a relatively easy play like that before.

I think the difference between the management of the 2 clubs was never more evident than the late innings on Saturday night before Boston pulled away. Tie game in the 7th, Sanchez singles, Wade goes in to pinch run, but never attempts to steal, or is even put in motion, and Frazier grounds into yet another Yankee DP. 1/2 inning later, identical situation and Devers is running on the pitch Hernandez yanks into the LF corner, Devers scores the go ahead run easily as a result.

Boone is still sitting back waiting for the HR, but this team doesn't hit them like they used to. A good manager would recognize this fact and try to push. He just doesn't do that.

And don't get me started on his whole coaching staff getting ejected last night while he sat there like a deer in the headlights.

He's very fortunate that George Steinbrenner is dead, because otherwise, he'd be filing for unemployment this morning.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely got the call there. But that call didn’t decide the game. If the Yankees get the call they have the very mediocre Frazier up with the bases loaded. No guarantee they do anything there.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely got the call there. But that call didn’t decide the game. If the Yankees get the call they have the very mediocre Frazier up with the bases loaded. No guarantee they do anything there.

DJ dropped an easy catch as well, didn't he? Or was that in another game?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Andujar a pass, because he's played about 5 games in his life in the OF, and lord knows they need his bat. That Lemehieu drop was stunning-haven't seen him muff a relatively easy play like that before.

I think the difference between the management of the 2 clubs was never more evident than the late innings on Saturday night before Boston pulled away. Tie game in the 7th, Sanchez singles, Wade goes in to pinch run, but never attempts to steal, or is even put in motion, and Frazier grounds into yet another Yankee DP. 1/2 inning later, identical situation and Devers is running on the pitch Hernandez yanks into the LF corner, Devers scores the go ahead run easily as a result.

Boone is still sitting back waiting for the HR, but this team doesn't hit them like they used to. A good manager would recognize this fact and try to push. He just doesn't do that.
And don't get me started on his whole coaching staff getting ejected last night while he sat there like a deer in the headlights.

He's very fortunate that George Steinbrenner is dead, because otherwise, he'd be filing for unemployment this morning.
You are right. They are definitely waiting around for the homer that hasn’t been coming these days. It’s REALLY bizarre that all the “young” bats seem to be mostly dead at the same time: Andujar, Sanchez, Frazier, Torres all struggling to different degrees. And Lemahieu was supposed to be a slam dunk at this stage. I’m not sure what’s up with him, but he probably shouldn’t be batting leadoff, either. And I have no idea what to say on Stanton. I can’t figure him out at all.

Lucky for the Yankees, it isn’t a 60 game season this year. Too much time for them to turn it around. You taught me long ago that the Red Sox win the games early in the year and the Yankees win them late. We will see.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see play, only heard about it so I didn't know what happened

The fielder coming in always needs to take charge over the fielder going backwards....this team is SO undisciplined in all phases of the game....I never liked the Boone hiring and they need someone to take charge like Showalter....ASAP

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fielder coming in always needs to take charge over the fielder going backwards....this team is SO undisciplined in all phases of the game....I never liked the Boone hiring and they need someone to take charge like Showalter....ASAP

Oh yeah, 100% of the time that is the case for sure. Who was the fielder? Didn't have the balls to call off DJ?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, 100% of the time that is the case for sure. Who was the fielder? Didn't have the balls to call off DJ?

Frazier......looked like Joe out there....