• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Smack talk 2014

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be popular on here so why not?

Red Sux will finish 3rd or 4th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees and Sox tonight.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, it should be a pretty crazy season. There really isn't a team that stands out between the Sox, Yanks, and Rays. O's and Jays aren't exactly cupcakes either. Literally everything that could go wrong for the Jays last year did (though I guess that's been the story for about a decade or so now). Rotation still leaves a lot to be desired, but it can't be any worse. They should score plenty of runs.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, it should be a pretty crazy season. There really isn't a team that stands out between the Sox, Yanks, and Rays. O's and Jays aren't exactly cupcakes either. Literally everything that could go wrong for the Jays last year did (though I guess that's been the story for about a decade or so now). Rotation still leaves a lot to be desired, but it can't be any worse. They should score plenty of runs.

Same story as last year. There is no wrong order ranking these five teams, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them win or finish last.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story as last year. There is no wrong order ranking these five teams, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them win or finish last.

Agreed. If I had to pick a team to finish last, it would be the O's. Just don't think they really have much of a rotation and even their lineup seems kind of meh. They'll probably lead the AL in home runs again, but they're not gonna do them that much good if they have no one on base.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Heatwave still here so he can tell us this is the Jays year for the 10th straight yr?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Heatwave still here so he can tell us this is the Jays year for the 10th straight yr?

I wish papageorgio was on here so he could tell us about how much better the strip clubs in Toronto are than in Boston.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Themes of the year:

Rays- Steady as she goes. Mixing a blend of youth and key vets. Young superstars. Fixing the bullpen. Best manager in baseball. Able to reach deep in farm if needed. Well run org.

Jays- Can lightening strike? Hard to see any theme. Spending and fancy names cursing them too. Feel good story if they come up strong.

Yankees- Old, but motivated and spending to be all in. If CC and Tanaka are there, so will they be. Better w/o Arod. Girardi on suicide watch if it goes bad again. Jeter leaves late, Arod return haunts the talk if out in the fall.

Red Sox- Can they win a 4th crown in ten years? See Rays description, similar styles. Is the farm system overhyped? Grady feel good story also a possibility. Great balance.

Orioles- You cant bat your way to a title in the east, w/o top 15 pitching at least. Fans deserve a great year. Duquette so conservative.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you've done it.:pop2:

Originality at it's finest.

This should be interesting.

This thread has a very high potential....

There are idiot fans from every team. It is sad that the Sox and Yanks have massive fans bases - and thus many more simpletons.

Should we keep a tally of how many "Red Sux" or "Spankees" are posted to this thread?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, there could be some surpising orders. How about this:

Baltimore
Toronto
New York
Tampa
Boston

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're dead-on there. I'd love to trump my O's and say they'll finish first (and part of me believes it)... at the same token I could see any team in this division finish first.. or last.

I really can honestly say I've never seen the division like this. It's beyond bizarre... and entertaining as all get-out.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one team that I've learned never to turn my back on, it's those tenacioius Rays. I don't care if they have a slow start and are 8 games back of the division by July. I always keep a wary eye on those fuckers anymore. (Hey, it's the smack-talk thread.. I can call them fuckers if I like)