• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Green's Value $9.1 million?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.J. Green

Interesting how they broke this down. Good argument, but I can't see him signing anywhere for less than his $15 million he is making now.

If you could get your hands on Green for $10 million per over the next 3, do you take it? Or do you still franchise him and trade him for whatever you can get out of him?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

He's a sign and trade/tag and trade. 100%. Dude is on the wrong side of 30, declining skills, injury history and with Boyd and Tate - you have 2 pretty good WR's that have shown they can get the job done. I'm all for adding another WR, and of course the need for a real threat at TE is also required.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AJ is basically finished. And I don't think he has as much value to the Bengals as he'll want in terms of a contract. The Bengals need a deep threat - AJ used to be a guy that could stretch the field, but I don't expect that he'll remain elite after multiple surgeries. He can still be a productive receiver in the right situation, but I think his dominant days are behind him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

He's a sign and trade/tag and trade. 100%. Dude is on the wrong side of 30, declining skills, injury history and with Boyd and Tate - you have 2 pretty good WR's that have shown they can get the job done. I'm all for adding another WR, and of course the need for a real threat at TE is also required.

If only we would have spent a 2nd rounder on a tight end in recent history.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his best strategy is to wait and see, and then sign with someone at the last moment and sneak into the playoffs. he can't make it through an entire season as a starter.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his best strategy is to wait and see, and then sign with someone at the last moment and sneak into the playoffs. he can't make it through an entire season as a starter.
I honestly thought that was what was kind of going on for this year.

Don't play until the trade deadline, work a trade to, say, New England - get a few more weeks of rest/rehab and then play the final 3 games of the season heading into the playoffs.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Green can be resigned by us for the $9 million with bonuses and incentives to get him to that salary mark. Get to keep him, make use of him, if he is good again he gets paid, if not we have some insurance.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AJ is basically finished. And I don't think he has as much value to the Bengals as he'll want in terms of a contract. The Bengals need a deep threat - AJ used to be a guy that could stretch the field, but I don't expect that he'll remain elite after multiple surgeries. He can still be a productive receiver in the right situation, but I think his dominant days are behind him.

It's a tough evaluation for sure. Did anyone really anticipate him missing the entire season? Was he being overly careful on a team going nowhere last season, or is he truly still having issues?

As far as a deep threat, shouldn't that be Ross? Again injuries come into play, but when healthy he has proven to be a very tough cover.

I think the Bengals may be eager to see what AJ can do with Burrow at QB, but does he start right away? I would think so (unless Dalton is somehow still on the roster). He seems to be a very pro-ready QB, a shock coming from LSU (lol).

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough evaluation for sure. Did anyone really anticipate him missing the entire season? Was he being overly careful on a team going nowhere last season, or is he truly still having issues?

As far as a deep threat, shouldn't that be Ross? Again injuries come into play, but when healthy he has proven to be a very tough cover.

I think the Bengals may be eager to see what AJ can do with Burrow at QB, but does he start right away? I would think so (unless Dalton is somehow still on the roster). He seems to be a very pro-ready QB, a shock coming from LSU (lol).

Ross would be a deep threat if he could catch a football.

Green had anticipated to come back. He came back later in the season and started practicing, and that first week of practice had to shut it down again because things were not 100% yet and he felt pain. Hard to put a star on season ending injury reserve when he keeps telling you he can come back. However, after the season started going down the tank, I think he decided it would be better to just get healthy instead of risk more injury for a season like the one we were having.

Hard to blow for Joe when you have a superstar at WR playing. Keep him on the bench, let him get healthy, let the chips fall as they may.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross would be a deep threat if he could catch a football.

Or stay healthy..... Or not give up on plays.... Or appear to be interested in football. Otherwise, he's a great football player.