• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Burnett

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Forget about the one utterly forgetable start, actually it is pretty hard, but try. The guy has been better than I thought he would be, plus he is the one thing that this team has needed for many many years, and proven experienced major league pitcher that is taking the time not only to work on his craft, but also to help the younger guys. What he has done with James McDonald is amazing, James looks like a completely different pitcher from when I saw him last year.

I bring this up because I am not sure how much longer Burnett wants to pitch, but I think he has a bright future as a pitching coach. I would also like to see him here to mentor guys like Cole and Taillon when they get to the majors. I guess what I am saying is if he is willing to sign for a couple more years, I would be happy to have him. I can handle the 5+ ERA as long as it is there for the reason it is there this year, 3 great outings and one where he just got thumped.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Crow. The Bucs have needed a veteran presence among the pitching staff for a long, long time. Not just a vet, but a vet who can still pitch, and not just some washed-up guy picking up a paycheck for his last couple years in the bigs. It makes a difference when the vet can give some help, and still go out there every fifth day and perform.

Burnett is a great teammate from all I've ever read about him. I wasn't surprised to see that it was him who gave Barajas the shaving cream face wash after the walk-off homer. I used to see Burnett do that all the time when he was a Yankee.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bats are going to get going - starting today. There have been positive signs for numerous batters over the course of the past week and I think today they break out with Burnett on the mound. I think a big run total today (5-8 runs) will carry over and the bats will come alive. Even Barmes and Barajas have had some positive at bats in the past week.

I think it is time to part with a young outfielder (Presley?) and bring Marte up along with packaging the young outfielder with a pitcher or two to add a bat to the line-up. I think in order of need, the Pirates should look for a SS, C and 1B. However, I would take any bat that the Pirates can get.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Burnett. He's a guy who can miss bats. This year the Pirates have three of those, and that's why the pitching has been so good.

He's just fun to watch pitch, really.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Burnett. He's a guy who can miss bats. This year the Pirates have three of those, and that's why the pitching has been so good.

He's just fun to watch pitch, really.

Sad to think we haven't had much of that recently. I only wish this team could hit there way out of a wet paper bag with the good pitching of late.:rant:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he came back to the Buc's. Was really disappointed when he chased the money and signed with PHI, but that is the norm now. Hope he changes mind and pitches in 2016, for the Buc's