1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AHS: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Entertainment: Movies & TV Shows' started by wildturkey, Sep 13, 2018.

1. wildturkey

wildturkey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 39,600

Any of you AHS fans catch the premiere tonight? The theme for this season is the end of the world. It's also gonna be bringing back characters from Murder House and Coven.

I thought the premiere was ok. Nothing special. It had to rush through a lot of set up but it was intriguing enough to see where this goes.

2. Innermind

Innermind Lithomancer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I enjoyed the first episode, pretty interesting... I will continue to watch.

I'm assuming that supernatural forces/witchcraft was the means by which the aircraft was flying without pilots. (as opposed to remote control tech).

After Timothy took his shower he saw 666 in the mirror and heard a whispering woman warning him... was the voice one of the witches from Coven?

At the end of the episode, the anti-christ child from season 1 (Michael Langdon) shows up at the outpost as an adult, and apparently is one of the important members (or perhaps the leader) of the Cooperative.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. FaCe-LeE-uS

FaCe-LeE-uS How's Business?

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,309

Still haven't even finished Roanoke. Was going to give Cult a try as well.

Just sort of lost interest after Freak Show & Hotel. Neither really kept me as entertained. And if I'm bein honest, Coven wasn't really that special either. They sort of lost their horror element and made it more about drama with convoluted plots & a plethora of characters.

4. Innermind

Innermind Lithomancer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Is a plethora more or less than:
    - a multitude
    - a myriad
    - a litany
    - a shit load

:confused:

5. FaCe-LeE-uS

FaCe-LeE-uS How's Business?

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,309

Any of those would suffice

6. Taddy Mason

Taddy Mason Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,425

yeah, so this is going to be another shit season.

first season actually had the horror in the horror story

asylum brought a bit of that to it, while going way overboard into saying, yes, this is going to be a gay show above any horror element.

coven - this show won some awards, so we should agree to be in this, right?

freak show - at it's elements, yes there could be some things, though that's not the direction they went. i'm afraid of clowns, but this cat with the grill? he was a pussycat, yeah, humans are the worse cats, x-files did this in an episode over a decade ago.

hotel - i love me some gaga, and i loved the direction they went with the season, with that said, nothing was scary about it, it was enjoyable, at least to these eyes.

Roanoke - okay, started off a bit janky wondering what was going on, but overall, easily my favorite season after the premiere when it comes to the series actually trying to bring any horror into it, very good season.

cult - what a fucking joke of a season, here sign my check.

and that brings us to present day, isn't it cool they're going to tie together all the seasons? this season has still been pretty shitty through two weeks, so no.

7. calsnowskier

calsnowskier Sarcastic F-wad

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,119

Yeah. I gave up after freak show.

8. Taddy Mason

Taddy Mason Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,425

i'd recommend roanoke, but that's about it. it was a nice concept and they did it well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. wildturkey

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 39,600

I'll stick it out because there's nothing else on that interest me right now but so far, its been really boring. It better pick up soon. Who knew you could find a way to make the nuclear holocaust, apparent radiation zombies, and the fucking antichrist boring as shit.

And I agree with you on Roanoke. It's the best season they've done since Asylum. For one, they picked a concept and stuck to it. AHS has a tendency to totally go off the rails 4 to 5 episodes in. Plots derail, characters die and come back, there's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Roanoke was a tight ship throughout. Plus, it was actually scary in parts. You'd think a show with "horror" in the title would be, but most often, it isn't. Roanoke was.

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Yeah. Watched it for the first time this weekend and I think I fell asleep.

Lots of ominous, heavy breathing in a dimly light house.

Just what I like in my post-apocalyptic shows.

11. wildturkey

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 39,600

This show has picked up since reintroducing the Coven. Makes me wonder why they even bothered wasting all that time in the first 3 episodes

12. Innermind

Innermind Lithomancer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

So are we gonna have a showdown between the White Witch (Stevie Nicks portraying herself) and a demon/Anti-Christ posing as a warlock?

That would be trippy, groovy, and gnarly all rolled into one.

:smokin:

13. MilkSpiller22

MilkSpiller22 Gorilla

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 15,900

they do what they always do... make us think a story is supposed to be about the 2 normal people, who were supposed to be the saviors of earth, and then don't evolve that story, so whipe it out and start new...

Hopefully, they don't end this coven arc to the season, and go someplace entirely different...

• Like Like x 1