• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ah, the good days that went nowhere (Amber)

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I decided to hear a gem today on Youtube, but first.

It was 1999, and I moved to Florida. I got my first job at Publix. I remember how ALIVE Florida was at the time, and how I wanted the life so badly. I tried making friends at Publix but they never went anywhere. I did not grow into my looks then, and also had that really southern accent that the transplants hated. They love southern accents now, but hated it then.

Anyway, Florida loved playing a lot of dance music. It was ahead of its time. The rave scene was big in Florida. Razzles, especially (it's a dump now). I never went to one of these clubs during this time. I would go to my car and listen to the radio, and listen to all of the nightly countdowns. Music was my life(and, unfortunately, my obsession with a then innocent pop female). I never heard this song before moving to FL (I was there for 13 years). It was the dirtiest song of 1999.

If you were a teen in Florida, you had to know this song.

And 3:11.........only in this dance mix. It had that "Millenium here we come" moment. When I quit Publix that aspect of my life all went downhill. Parental advisory, it probably should be in the NSFW thread.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By 1999, I had a kid and a wife (now ex) on anti-depressants

Try 1969. I was in a dorm band with Tom Scholz of Boston and I had a girlfriend with giant tits.
1999 I was starting my first teaching position, single, no real responsibilities and still on anti-depressants

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida was hardly ahead of it's time. "Dance music" has been around a lot longer than 20 years... stuff started with disco in the 70s. Not my thing, though some of it's ok. The one in the OP isn't bad. To each his own.. I thought the OP was a young fella too, fwiw.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I decided to hear a gem today on Youtube, but first.

It was 1999, and I moved to Florida. I got my first job at Publix. I remember how ALIVE Florida was at the time, and how I wanted the life so badly. I tried making friends at Publix but they never went anywhere. I did not grow into my looks then, and also had that really southern accent that the transplants hated. They love southern accents now, but hated it then.

Anyway, Florida loved playing a lot of dance music. It was ahead of its time. The rave scene was big in Florida. Razzles, especially (it's a dump now). I never went to one of these clubs during this time. I would go to my car and listen to the radio, and listen to all of the nightly countdowns. Music was my life(and, unfortunately, my obsession with a then innocent pop female). I never heard this song before moving to FL (I was there for 13 years). It was the dirtiest song of 1999.

If you were a teen in Florida, you had to know this song.

And 3:11.........only in this dance mix. It had that "Millenium here we come" moment. When I quit Publix that aspect of my life all went downhill. Parental advisory, it probably should be in the NSFW thread.

tenor.gif

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida was hardly ahead of it's time. "Dance music" has been around a lot longer than 20 years... stuff started with disco in the 70s. Not my thing, though some of it's ok. The one in the OP isn't bad. To each his own.. I thought the OP was a young fella too, fwiw.

Techno that came out in the late 90s paved the way for um, what's her name? That transvestite.