• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After seeing OU play Alabama, I am going with Clemson on Monday...

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude looks nothing like the real Ronnie Bass who played QB for the chickens in the late 70s. Guy is now the regional sales manager for WMBF news in Myrtle Beach.

IMG_0002-9.jpg
He was out of eligibility when this photo was taken!

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's strength is their D-Line, minus their best D-Lineman. I still like Bama's O-Line in the matchup. They've been battle-tested in the trenches since the LSU game. Saban also brought up a good point yesterday. No team has gone through quite the same gauntlet. Clemson was a huge benefactor from an extremely weak ACC. They were practically a given, considering who their Conference Title Game opponent was bound to be.

All we heard about, leading up to the semis, was how good Oklahoma's O-Line was. It didn't take long for Bama to rip that O-Line apart and put a ton of pressure on the munchkin. Notre Dame got to Sunshine early in the Cotton Bowl, but couldn't tackle her. Bama will not miss those tackles.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's strength is their D-Line, minus their best D-Lineman. I still like Bama's O-Line in the matchup. They've been battle-tested in the trenches since the LSU game. Saban also brought up a good point yesterday. No team has gone through quite the same gauntlet. Clemson was a huge benefactor from an extremely weak ACC. They were practically a given, considering who their Conference Title Game opponent was bound to be.

All we heard about, leading up to the semis, was how good Oklahoma's O-Line was. It didn't take long for Bama to rip that O-Line apart and put a ton of pressure on the munchkin. Notre Dame got to Sunshine early in the Cotton Bowl, but couldn't tackle her. Bama will not miss those tackles.

That’s one of the reasons I hate the big 12. Our O line is very good and I believe us the ability to play with anyone but at no point during our season did they face a defensive line in the same zip code as Bama’s or as good as much of the DL on teams in the SEC. It’s no secret that much of the DL talent is saturated in the south and most of those kids don’t leave the region. Our OL did finally adjust somewhat decently but it was clear they were not used to dealing with the athleticism, speed and physicality of a DL like that. Our OL did very well the first half against Georgia but again, as the game wore on and Georgia had the ability to rotate the bodies in all game long it became clear that our OL wasn’t used to 4 quarters of a slug fest in the trenches. Our OL has to find an entirely different gear when we play teams like Bama, Clemson, and Georgia than they do the entire season and just pray they find it before it’s too late or find a way to keep that level of intensity up for four quarters.

I hate this fucking conference because we end up playing a lot of borderline G5 defensive talent who can spread the ball around and score on offense. It does NOTHING to prepare our offense and OL for what they’ll have to be prepared to face in the playoffs.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s one of the reasons I hate the big 12. Our O line is very good and I believe us the ability to play with anyone but at no point during our season did they face a defensive line in the same zip code as Bama’s or as good as much of the DL on teams in the SEC. It’s no secret that much of the DL talent is saturated in the south and most of those kids don’t leave the region. Our OL did finally adjust somewhat decently but it was clear they were not used to dealing with the athleticism, speed and physicality of a DL like that. Our OL did very well the first half against Georgia but again, as the game wore on and Georgia had the ability to rotate the bodies in all game long it became clear that our OL wasn’t used to 4 quarters of a slug fest in the trenches. Our OL has to find an entirely different gear when we play teams like Bama, Clemson, and Georgia than they do the entire season and just pray they find it before it’s too late or find a way to keep that level of intensity up for four quarters.

I hate this fucking conference because we end up playing a lot of borderline G5 defensive talent who can spread the ball around and score on offense. It does NOTHING to prepare our offense and OL for what they’ll have to be prepared to face in the playoffs.
Well stated. It has been my observation that OU often plays down to their competition. They too frequently let inferior in-conference opponents hang around in games.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I could consider taking Clemson unless they were getting more than a td.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama doesn't want to be there and the players are focused on their draft status.

BeatPitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, girls, and other: I always pull for the underdog in games.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waited a bit to make this pick. Pretty tough to read this Clemson team. I just am not sure they have advanced enough Offensively over last season to compete for 4 quarters with Alabama. I have obviously been wrong before but I don't see them consistently running it and giving their QB a clean pocket. To me that just spells more opportunities for the Alabama Offense much like the LSU game. I do think they are better than OU. This to me is about the match-ups of these 2 teams. I think most favor Alabama.

Alabama 38 Clemson 20

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama 33 Clemson 27