• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC West Free Agent Signings

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are only 2 days into free agency, but I thought it might be interesting to compare what the Broncos have done compared to the other AFC West teams.

Denver Broncos:
A.J. Bouye - CB
Graham Glasgo - OG
Justin Simmons - S

Kansas City Chiefs:
Chris Jones - DT
Damien Williams - RB

Las Vegas Raiders:
Jeff Heath - S
Nick Kwiatkoski - LB
Cory Littleton - :B
Markus Mariota - QB
Jason Witton - TE

Los Angeles Chargers:
Bryan Bulaga - OT
Austin Ekeler - RB
Hunter Henry - TE
Trai Tuner - OG

I think the Broncos are on pace with the other teams in the division, or head. The Broncos have added 2 starters and kept one difference maker in Simmons.

Kansas City kept Chris Jones who was very good last year, but there have been some rumors that they plan to trade him, so he may move on too.

Las Vegas added 2 LBs will be very good, but not sure that the other 3 really make an difference at all.

Los Angeles kept 2 play makers and probably upgraded their line. Not sure who plays QB for them as the options are starting to dry up.

Over all I think the Broncos have improved as much or more then Las Vegas and the Los Angeles, and have closed a little ground Kansas City.

A long ways to but a good start.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris with 2 year $20 million to the Chargers.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris with 2 year $20 million to the Chargers.

Sadly he gambled and lost. He turned down 13.5 per year in October that would have kept him here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest I really like what the Raiders have done. Or maybe it is hate because I do think they have gotten better. That LB group went from bottom-2 in the league fighting with the Bengals to now maybe the best coverage linebacking pair in the league.

Couple others that I think could pan out well for them are the Maliek Collins and even the Eli Apple signing. Collins was very underrated this past season and Apple isn't great by any means but he is a serviceable player for that secondary.

I do like the fact that they way overpaid for Carl Nassib. So at least they did make one huge mistake. And Jason Witten I guess is a nice addition to their locker room but the man does not scare me one bit on the field.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - the Raiders have gotten better - and in ways that match them up better against the Chiefs. The Broncos are also obviously building with an idea toward matching up with the Chiefs.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - the Raiders have gotten better - and in ways that match them up better against the Chiefs. The Broncos are also obviously building with an idea toward matching up with the Chiefs.
I wonder if Denver was in on the Lbers but the Reader negotiation hogged up the time. Almost 2 full days to walk away because they reached their ceiling line in the sand.