• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC North Predictions

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this season started with some discussion on the division that arguably has the most storylines going for it. How will the Steelers come back after losing their first Super Bowl (the players weren't there in the '90s)? Are the Ravens still dangerous, or are they starting to decline? Does Colt have what it takes to take the Browns to the next level? What week will Peyton Hillis get injured in? Will the Bengles be the first team to finish in 33rd place?

Above all, who wins the division and why?

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the Steelers for obvious reasons. I think the only team with a shot is Balt but they are a year older on defense and I dont think they improved vastly on offense. I like Brown and Sanders with another year under their belt and an increase in targets. If the team is healthy they should compete for another super bowl.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Steelers for obvious reasons. I think the only team with a shot is Balt but they are a year older on defense and I dont think they improved vastly on offense. I like Brown and Sanders with another year under their belt and an increase in targets. If the team is healthy they should compete for another super bowl.

We'll have a good idea in week one. Flacco is a year older as well, but that's to his advantage. I don't believe that he's ever beaten Roethlisberger, so it'll be interesting to see if they send him out swinging.

I agree that the Browns won't compete this year, but they're doing some good things to develop that team. '13 could be their time to strike. What I'd love to see is all 3 teams in the playoffs. That could bring back the three-way rivalry between the Steelers/Ravens/Browns similar to the Penguins/Flyers/Capitals of the NHL.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we have another Pens fan!!:cheer2:coool,i'm ready for the puck to drop!!!! GO PENS!!!!!!!:flame:

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops!! Although i'm a Bengals fan!:sorry:hey,still all gooood!! :)

No worries. We're over on the general hockey boards here all the time.

By the way, my condolences for the Palmers and their careers.

bobes89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers
Ravens
Browns

Bungles

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals shock the world by starting the season 2-3, then winning the division, only to lose in the AFC championship game

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is still the Steelers division to lose.

Colt McCoy and the Browns need more experience, plus I'm not impressed with Cleveland's receivers.

Cincy is probably going to struggle, but there are interesting young players on their roster. Dalton had an excellent college career. Ray Maualuga looks to have had a good camp, too.

Baltimore made some very nice FA acquisitions, but I'm curious as to how that pans out with the unusual off-season. The biggest weakness I see in Baltimore is the lack of experience at the corner position. Jimmy Smith is a rookie, and Cary Williams is a former 7th rd. pick who was a practice squad player for a couple seasons and has one career start. They will both be starting on Sunday. There is depth behind them, i suppose. Although, that is still an awful lot of inexperience being counted on to start the season.

Pittsburgh also has a weakness in the defensive backfield that carries over from last season. Bryant McFadden and Ike Taylor have practiced sparingly in 2011, and both are expected to start on Sunday. It does look like Keenan Lewis is starting to get a handle on the LeBeau defense, which is a positive if he can unseat William Gay from 3rd on the depth chart. Other than a shuffle going on in the offensive line, the steelers return their entire starting lineup from last season.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprisingly enough, the Bengals do have a decent shot at going 2-1 to start the season. Unfortunately, even as a fan, I see them winning 3 games max.