• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Battle For History?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots and Steelers are the top of the AFC in the last 11 years. This season the Patriots are re-arming. They'll have to go through the Jets(no big deal, IMO), but I think whichever of these teams go to the Super Bowl will have the bragging rights over this era of NFL football. If the Pats can go back YET AGAIN...I think they prove that they were the Kings of the AFC over the last 12 years. If the Steelers can take them down, they may have an argument for a share of that royalty.

But the Packers are going to decimate either one... :-)

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots and Steelers are the top of the AFC in the last 11 years. This season the Patriots are re-arming. They'll have to go through the Jets(no big deal, IMO), but I think whichever of these teams go to the Super Bowl will have the bragging rights over this era of NFL football. If the Pats can go back YET AGAIN...I think they prove that they were the Kings of the AFC over the last 12 years. If the Steelers can take them down, they may have an argument for a share of that royalty.

As much as I'd like to say it's a split dynasty, I have to go with it being the PAtriots with a legit one in the early/mid 2000's and the Steelers could have their own with another Super Bowl VICTORY. Would have had it last year if it wasn't for your pesky Packers.

To be honest, the preseasons favorites very, very rarely make it to the Super Bowl, and I don't expect this year to be different. What I do know is that the Browns had better have a good backup runningback.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as I'd like to say it's a split dynasty, I have to go with it being the PAtriots with a legit one in the early/mid 2000's and the Steelers could have their own with another Super Bowl VICTORY. Would have had it last year if it wasn't for your pesky Packers.

To be honest, the preseasons favorites very, very rarely make it to the Super Bowl, and I don't expect this year to be different. What I do know is that the Browns had better have a good backup runningback.

I dont disagree they had a better decade, but not winning since the scandal has taken some luster from their accomplishments.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree they had a better decade, but not winning since the scandal has taken some luster from their accomplishments.

It depends how it's viewed. If there's no asterisk next to their accomplishments, the majority of the casual fans will forget about it in a few years. It's the numbers that matter.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In this day and age there isnt a pro sport out there that will * a title. The fact that the evidence was destroyed says a ton. MLB hasn't * any of their records but the casual fan knows they were achieved by breaking the law.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I think all fans have a slight grin when hearing about the career of Barry Bonds. But when you hear about the Patriots titles, I don't know that it has the same effect. Just my opinion.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good point. I think all fans have a slight grin when hearing about the career of Barry Bonds. But when you hear about the Patriots titles, I don't know that it has the same effect. Just my opinion.

Well the NFL is trying to never bring this up, mainly because it does cast a shadow over the dynasty of the 00's. Which is what baseball did for a long ass time before congress stepped in and made them react.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about the Ravens? If they win they will have 2 SB titles without a Cheating scandal over them or a BS Super Bowl win that the refs just gave them...

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about the Ravens? If they win they will have 2 SB titles without a Cheating scandal over them or a BS Super Bowl win that the refs just gave them...

They have also been continually abused by the Steelers year after year after year.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have also been continually abused by the Steelers year after year after year.

And the Steelers have been continually abused by the Pats.
And it's not because of "Spygate". Steeler fans need to get over it.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am over but it did happen and they havent won since. These are just facts. I am glad YOU know how relevant "spygate" was. The punishment was pretty severe for being irrelevant.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that I am a Steelers fan and just argued that it's not a big deal, right? If we went with these generalizations, then the Ravens wouldn't be a tough target either.

Not trying to be a dick or pollute the great forums here. I'm just not crazy about attacks on a whole fan base - me included.

Cheers!