• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Advance Auto Parts FTW!

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I love that store.

I just ran to Walgreens and all of a sudden the Waggy is idling really high and very rough. I open the hood and hear a faint sucking sound...figured it was where the 20 dollar bills from my wallet would get sucked up by my mechanic.

I stop in the Advance Auto next to Walgreens and the dude behind the desk comes out to have a look. He says, "just a sec." He goes into the store and walks out a minute later with a little rubber piece and sticks on the back of the carb somewhere. He said some vacuum tube you don't use anymore had a plug that fell off...that'll be $1.25 for a new plug.

Much obliged!
advance-auto-parts-logo.png

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3oisvj.jpg

Sounds like old boy had a lot of this going on.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I love that store.

I just ran to Walgreens and all of a sudden the Waggy is idling really high and very rough. I open the hood and hear a faint sucking sound...figured it was where the 20 dollar bills from my wallet would get sucked up by my mechanic.

I stop in the Advance Auto next to Walgreens and the dude behind the desk comes out to have a look. He says, "just a sec." He goes into the store and walks out a minute later with a little rubber piece and sticks on the back of the carb somewhere. He said some vacuum tube you don't use anymore had a plug that fell off...that'll be $1.25 for a new plug.

Much obliged!

the carb :shocked:

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't anyone else besides Advanced would have checked out your jeep.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those little vacuum leaks are such a pain in the butt. At least yours was enough that you could hear it. Trying to trace them down can take forever. I used a trick once where I used a cigar and a length of vacuum hose to find a tiny little pinhole vacuum leak that caused a rough idle. Never would have found it, unless I had used a whole can of carb cleaner or chased it down with a propane tank.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's the good thing about a repower - you can do away with a lot of vacuum tube type things. Actuators n' sech get replaced with electric or computerized things.

Funny thing is the car is idling SO smoothly now that air must've been leaking in at that spot for a longtime. The old plug must've been really rotten to just fall off - was leaking badly. Never knew how nice it could be for just a buck and a quarter!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Advanced Auto Parts. or at least my local one, on 4 occasions over the past 4 years they have given either me or my gf the wrong parts, which of course wasnt realized til i get working under the hood

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Advanced Auto Parts. or at least my local one, on 4 occasions over the past 4 years they have given either me or my gf the wrong parts, which of course wasnt realized til i get working under the hood

All places are going to do that. I got to the point where there is a place online that I order all my parts that aren't immediate needs. If you want the name i can PM you, but I'm not getting a kickback from them and neither is HD so I'm not going to post it for everyone :)

I find the part I need, they help verify it is for the right car, I can see a picture of it to compare with the part I have, and get it in 2 days. Plus I don't have to deal with the guys at the parts stores. Seems like they are either high school idiots that don't know a spark plug from a glow plug or an old guy who thinks he knows more than I do and wants to talk down to me.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to replace a starter once, so I drove down to AutoZone and asked them to put it on the tester before I bought a new one, just to be sure. The guy apologized and told me his tester was broken. So I drove down the street to Advance, threw it on the tester, yep, it's shot... but they didn't have the starter in stock. So I drove back to AutoZone and asked a different guy for a new starter. He said "Don't you want to test it first?" :facepalm:

"I was just in here, your guy said the tester was broken"

"Uhh, what? No it's not, it works fine. Who said that?"

So yeah, I go to NAPA now, fuck those guys.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the starter for my tacoma was the one thing they got right, lol

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's usually one good, smart dude that does all thinking and working for the rest of the slackers. This big hispanic dude knew exactly WTF was going on. So, look for the big hispanic dude - he knows about carbs n sech.

They're supposed to test your old battery when you wanna' buy a new one. I had to stop in Sarasota on a biz trip because the battery was going bad. The guy there at Advance Auto wouldn't even come out. In fact, he said "here's the cart" when I asked him where to put the old battery. I was wearing a pinstriped suit!

So, I went out in the heat, exchanged the battery, closed the hood, took both wrenches and battery tester off the cart, got in my car and drove away. Nice wrench and I'm sure the tester will come in handy for the boat. Thanks Advance Auto!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's usually one good, smart dude that does all thinking and working for the rest of the slackers. This big hispanic dude knew exactly WTF was going on. So, look for the big hispanic dude - he knows about carbs n sech.

They're supposed to test your old battery when you wanna' buy a new one. I had to stop in Sarasota on a biz trip because the battery was going bad. The guy there at Advance Auto wouldn't even come out. In fact, he said "here's the cart" when I asked him where to put the old battery. I was wearing a pinstriped suit!

So, I went out in the heat, exchanged the battery, closed the hood, took both wrenches and battery tester off the cart, got in my car and drove away. Nice wrench and I'm sure the tester will come in handy for the boat. Thanks Advance Auto!

Fuck the big hispanic guy, I'm looking for the dope in the suit who gives away free shit!