• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Amos or HaHa Clinton Dix?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amos is the better all-around player. You never really saw him, which was good and bad. Bad in that he's not making a lot of flashy plays, from coming up to make tackles to INTs to crazy PDs. Good in that he was almost always in the right position to take away throws and help coming up on a runner.

With the Bears' front 7 that dominated against the run and can get after the passer, Dix's ball skills and athleticism might prove more valuable if it turns out significantly more turnovers. Or, the Bears could really miss Amos' ability to be where he needs to be so there's less throwing and running lanes through the backend of the defense.
Dix has been let go by two teams and is more of a band-aid for Chicago.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears lost the better safety in Amos.

No shit. Look at their prices, and get back to me at the and of the year.

As have previously stated, Amos is a better tackler and more durable, while Dix is more athletic and has better ball skills.

Get fucked.

Learn to read, ya fucking retard.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn to read, ya fucking retard.
source.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beardown thinks Dix is better... :scratch:

Nah

He thinks that Dix is much cheaper and a value signing with a nice potential ceiling. Playing safety behind the Bears front seven and a Fuller/Amukamara cornerback tandem can be a cozy gig. I think there's good reason to suspect that Dix plays well with less asked of him and that Amos potentially finds life more difficult playing on the back end of an underwhelming defense.

Amos was able to pin his ears back and play care free football with the Bears the last two seasons. We'll see what happens in Green Bay. Dix shouldn't have to do quite as much tackling here and his ball skills could potentially show up in a much larger way with an opportunity to be more aggressive.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each and every year that they have played in the league together, Dix has had more tackles and more INTs than Amos. Numbers never tell the whole story, but what it does tell me is I'm quite satisfied in having HaHa man the other safety spot for the Bears this season.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amos is a safety that knows how to tackle. I am cool with that all day every day.

Lolly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amos is better, but IMO not to the extent to justify the difference in their contracts. I wouldn’t be too surprised if Amos regresses to the awful 2016 Amos in Green Bay. He has always been a fundamentally solid starter.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each and every year that they have played in the league together, Dix has had more tackles and more INTs than Amos. Numbers never tell the whole story, but what it does tell me is I'm quite satisfied in having HaHa man the other safety spot for the Bears this season.

Tackles is a misleading stat for DB's. It can mean your front seven allows a lot of running plays to get past them. It can mean you are giving up a lot of catches and having to run down receivers. So, that stat has to be taken with a large grain of salt. Amos is a premier tackling DB - Dix has been poor.

However, Dix does have very nice ball skills. So, we could see an uptick in balls picked off from that position.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: GNG

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Amos and his higher contract all day, every day. He was lights out last night. He was always around the ball. I think I saw Dix twice

Reactions: GNG

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears had how many turn overs and defensive TDs last year? If I remember it was the highest in the league?

They are behind that pace this year as last year in game 1 they had a few turnovers and a defensive TD when Rodgers was out hurt in the first half.

Well I guess they have 15 game left to pick up the pace but it appears it may be hard for the Bears to equal their turn over total from last year.