• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Gase out fired

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I created an off-season thread , but this is worthy of its own .

Adam Gase has been fired. Matt Burke should be announced as the next firing soon enough — both stuck around for far too long . A change was needed a long time ago .

For all the holes we’ve been talking about this team needing to plug in order to improve — these two firings already make this team exponentially better .

Happy 2019!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I like Tannehill and several guys on this team — this can’t happen . This team needs a coach who will treat and value players equally no matter their contract , position - familiarity with the player etc . I’m not going to get into we need a players-coach or a ruh ruh guy or whatever . This organization needs a coach that will value each guy for who they are . A coach that will realize the strengths and weaknesses of each of his players — and from there do what he can to put them in a position to help the team be successful.

I hope ownership and the front office do the right thing in finding the right coach for this organization— not just want to make a splash hire like most seem to want . That honeymoon will end in a hurry .

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I created an off-season thread , but this is worthy of its own .

Adam Gase has been fired. Matt Burke should be announced as the next firing soon enough — both stuck around for far too long . A change was needed a long time ago .

For all the holes we’ve been talking about this team needing to plug in order to improve — these two firings already make this team exponentially better .

Happy 2019!
Thank heaven this was a no brainer...now Burke too please.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys got your wish. Gase is gone. Switching coaches only makes sense if they pick a better coach.

Rex Ryan's name is out there. He is a heck of a defensive coach and a players coach. I think without a great OC that has some power on offense it wouldn't work though. He is a run first play caller. The Fins would probably look more like Baltimore if they hired him. You have to have some maulers on the oline and the defensive personnel for it to work. He also is an outspoken guy. His personality is part of the package.

Brian Flores, who is the Pats DC is under consideration by the team. I am sure he has learned a lot from 14 years with the Pats but his lack of experience as a head coach is something the team has to factor in.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys got your wish. Gase is gone. Switching coaches only makes sense if they pick a better coach.

Rex Ryan's name is out there. He is a heck of a defensive coach and a players coach. I think without a great OC that has some power on offense it wouldn't work though. He is a run first play caller. The Fins would probably look more like Baltimore if they hired him. You have to have some maulers on the oline and the defensive personnel for it to work. He also is an outspoken guy. His personality is part of the package.

Brian Flores, who is the Pats DC is under consideration by the team. I am sure he has learned a lot from 14 years with the Pats but his lack of experience as a head coach is something the team has to factor in.
I didn't want this but it became necessary when Gase continued to do the same failing things over and over. You can't always pass when in short yardage as an example. He blew games instead of getting beat.

I'm hearing that they may be going after Jim Harbaugh which would be a good HC. He's had success and built a strong team in San Francisco until the owner went crazy. Team fell apart after he left. Players like him and he understands playoff football. Schwartz is another good option I think he's ready now but would need a good OC. Don't like Rex too loud and noise doesn't win championships...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Munchak is another intriguing choice. He is an oline coach for the Steelers. That could really benefit the Fins offense. He is a former olineman who went to the Pro Bowl 9 times. He would need a good DC to have success.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Munchak is another intriguing choice. He is an oline coach for the Steelers. That could really benefit the Fins offense. He is a former olineman who went to the Pro Bowl 9 times. He would need a good DC to have success.
He definitely knows his oline but will that be enough to improve the team? I'm kind of leaning towards a defensive coach and hire a good OC. Defence wins championships...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As anti Gase as I’ve sounded over the years , it’s not that I didn’t like the guy. — but he simply never showed he was the right guy to lead this team — he actually proved the opposite each and every time .

Now , on to what’s more important— Dan Rizzi is on the list of in-house candidates to be interviewed — probably the only one from the staff that deserves a chance . And he would be one of the few non-defensive and offensive coordinators I wouldn’t mind we hired as HC.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely knows his oline but will that be enough to improve the team? I'm kind of leaning towards a defensive coach and hire a good OC. Defence wins championships...

Vic Fangio knows alot about defense as the bears DC. He has been scheduled for an interview with the Fins. He leads one of the best defenses in the NFL. He knows how to make the most of the talent on the roster with the defense. Khalil Mack has alot to do with the success of that team but Fangio also deserves credit.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As anti Gase as I’ve sounded over the years , it’s not that I didn’t like the guy. — but he simply never showed he was the right guy to lead this team — he actually proved the opposite each and every time .

Now , on to what’s more important— Dan Rizzi is on the list of in-house candidates to be interviewed — probably the only one from the staff that deserves a chance . And he would be one of the few non-defensive and offensive coordinators I wouldn’t mind we hired as HC.
I like Rizzi but can he actually be a HC? Can be attract good coordinators? That's my biggest worry as he has the heart of a lion...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rizzi but can he actually be a HC? Can be attract good coordinators? That's my biggest worry as he has the heart of a lion...

He’s been assistant HC for some years now . Obviously being the assistant HC and the HC are slightly different but it is something. I think he has taken on enough responsibilities over the years to prepare him for the job if he gets it . There is a reason he’s been retained as one of the assistants of so many HCs since he first got here under Nick Satan .

As far as attracting “ good “ coordinators? I think we can all agree that we deem a coordinator/coach as such depending on how well that particular unit is doing — so with that being said , I am not worried about the kinds of coordinators he can attract . As I said , he’s been around long enough and has earned his way enough to have earned the respect and relationships of some of the best in the business — I don’t think he will have a problem filling out his staff with quality coaches if he got the job .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh do it PLEASE!!!!! Please, please please!!!!!!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Munchak could be a good choice. He has head coaching experience. Also, with his background the Fins could do a better job of protecting the QB.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh do it PLEASE!!!!! Please, please please!!!!!!
I don't really want the guy too much hot air although he'd still be an improvement over Gase and Philbum....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s been assistant HC for some years now . Obviously being the assistant HC and the HC are slightly different but it is something. I think he has taken on enough responsibilities over the years to prepare him for the job if he gets it . There is a reason he’s been retained as one of the assistants of so many HCs since he first got here under Nick Satan .

As far as attracting “ good “ coordinators? I think we can all agree that we deem a coordinator/coach as such depending on how well that particular unit is doing — so with that being said , I am not worried about the kinds of coordinators he can attract . As I said , he’s been around long enough and has earned his way enough to have earned the respect and relationships of some of the best in the business — I don’t think he will have a problem filling out his staff with quality coaches if he got the job .
You could be right he may be ready but will he bring any new ideas to the fold? Someone from the outside like Schwartz can bring super bowl experience and a top D mind. I would hope to keep Rizzi and add that new knowledge...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right he may be ready but will he bring any new ideas to the fold? Someone from the outside like Schwartz can bring super bowl experience and a top D mind. I would hope to keep Rizzi and add that new knowledge...

I’m sure he would bring his own ideas. I know that there may be a fear he may not be the fresh voice the organization needs given he has been around so many previous failed staffs .

But I think the fact that he has survived all these firings over the years speaks to his quality .

A lot of players , current and former — have already come out lobbying for him — so I think that’s a positive.

After this weekends games , more candidates will become available for interviews — so let’s see how things progress .

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen and Munchak are my top two choices.

Rizzi is a favorite of the players but he would be learning how to be a head coach in a division with one of the greatest coaches of all time. Plus a new coach is more likely to view the roster objectively. I could be wrong but I would choose Allen or Munchak.