• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Active players on NFL rosters that went pro before BCS Era

Which of these will make the Hall of Fame if their career ended today?

• David Akers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phil Dawson

• Matt Hasselbeck

• Patrick Mannely

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Vinatieri (K, Colts) - age 40 - undrafted in 1996
David Akers (K, Lions) - age 38 - undrafted in 1997
Tony Gonzalez (TE, Falcons) - age 37 - drafted in 1997
Phil Dawson (K, 49ers) - age 38 - undrafted in 1998
London Fletcher (LB, Redskins) - age 38 - drafted in 1998
Matt Hasselbeck (QB, Colts) - age 37 - drafted in 1998
Patrick Mannely (LS, Bears) - age 38 - drafted in 1998
Peyton Manning (QB, Broncos) - age 37 - drafted in 1998
Charles Woodson (CB, Raiders) - age 36 - drafted in 1998

***Can pick more than 1 on the poll.

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manning and Gonzo will be 1st ballot HOFers. Woodson and Vinatieri will be within a decade of their 1st ballot eligibility.

I don't really know how good Landon Fletcher is. I know he has been good, but not sure about HOF. He might be good enough and was just on a team that wasn't good.

Hasselbeck has a few great years, but he's a QB era where he hasn't been elite, and I feel you need to be elite to be in HOF.

IDK if LS get into the HOF

David Akers might make it in. I just think kickers have it hard to get in the NFL. Vinatieri has big clutch moments in very big games that makes him stand out. Akers hasn't had the big games like that, and he's messed up a few as well. Phil Dawson has not stood out, IMO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Gonzalez goes first ballot, but he makes it in quick. Kickers rarely make it, so it's Vinatieiri or no one. Akers and Dawson have no shot. Peyton's obviously first ballot, hasselback should not have been mentioned.

London fletcher was good, but never great. No hall. Woodson makes it eventually, but not for a while.

The long snapper? Just no.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Gonzalez goes first ballot, but he makes it in quick. Kickers rarely make it, so it's Vinatieiri or no one. Akers and Dawson have no shot. Peyton's obviously first ballot, hasselback should not have been mentioned.

London fletcher was good, but never great. No hall. Woodson makes it eventually, but not for a while.

The long snapper? Just no.

According to the rosters of the official team's website, these are only players to go pro before BCS Era.

I did not include free agents.

I just added the 9 to the poll.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. The idea of him being a hall of famer is nuts, though.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manning and Gonzo will be 1st ballot HOFers. Woodson and Vinatieri will be within a decade of their 1st ballot eligibility.

I don't really know how good Landon Fletcher is. I know he has been good, but not sure about HOF. He might be good enough and was just on a team that wasn't good.

Of course you don't know how good Landon Fletcher is...who the hell is that?

But, London Fletcher he's pretty good. Maybe comparing "London" to your Patrick is something you can understand.

Patrick Willis 07-12' combined tackles.....812
London Fletcher 07-12' combined tackles.....844

Ray Lewis career combined tackles.....1,175
London Fletcher to date combined tackles.....1,569

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course you don't know how good Landon Fletcher is...who the hell is that?

But, London Fletcher he's pretty good. Maybe comparing "London" to your Patrick is something you can understand.

Patrick Willis 07-12' combined tackles.....812
London Fletcher 07-12' combined tackles.....844

Ray Lewis career combined tackles.....1,175
London Fletcher to date combined tackles.....1,569

London has never got the respect he deserved...Many years pro bowl snubbed for the likes of the overated urlacher later in his career.....Never Miss a start..Always there, leading his team in tackles...in top % of the league in tackles...can intercept the QB.....He is a HOF player...... hard to believe this past offseason was the first time he ever went under the Knife.......for a ILB...CRAZY!!!

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, let's not go over board by comparing him to Ray Lewis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez and Peyton are both 1st ballot HOF players. Woodson and Viniatieri could get in later. Fletcher definitely has never quite gotten the respect he deserves as a player and because of that he will probably never make it in. Unfortunately that does happen to some guys. The others I don't think even come close to standing a chance.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, let's not go over board by comparing him to Ray Lewis.

I dont think he was saying london was BETTER then Ray.....Just showing the Numbers...Cant dispute the impact Ray lewis had on the game or his team.....However....It does point to the fact that London is 1 great LB.....A tackeling Machine!!! The Numbers also point to the fact that he was ALWAYS there..had lewis never missed any starts his numbers would be higher

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the Curtis Martin of LBs.