• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Action News Jacksonville: Jaguars making a play to bring Tebow to Jacksonville

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh, bringing him back to Gator country... Gotta fill seats some way, lol...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd feel more confident that this was a real possibility if a New York paper/station would report on it soon.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that this trade goes through and Tebow contributes the Jags to a near .500 record? LOL

Skip will be unleashed!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can aliens kidnap tebow already?

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just want Tebow to play. He is a winner. Rex Ryan will be fired soon because of his loyalty to princess Sanchez.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my god, they are going from gabbert to tebow.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just want Tebow to play. He is a winner. Rex Ryan will be fired soon because of his loyalty to princess Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

the Jets committed a lot to obtain Sanchez in 2009, so it is hard not to give him all the opportunities then till now? Ryan is similar to Nolan/Alex Smith...living and dying with Sanchez.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why the Jags did not already get him. The guy is a State Icon especially in that area. He might not be the best QB option for them, but he is exciting to watch and would fill up the seats while the Jags decide what to do for their future.

Tebow needs to be playing, and not rotting away on the Jets bench. I don't think he is an NFL starting QB, but he is a player you want to watch. You want to see if he succeeds or fails, and we will keep talking about this enigma that is Tebow until we actually get to see him play more.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand why the Jags did not already get him. The guy is a State Icon especially in that area. He might not be the best QB option for them, but he is exciting to watch and would fill up the seats while the Jags decide what to do for their future.

Tebow needs to be playing, and not rotting away on the Jets bench. I don't think he is an NFL starting QB, but he is a player you want to watch. You want to see if he succeeds or fails, and we will keep talking about this enigma that is Tebow until we actually get to see him play more.

it takes two to tangle. you can't help think the Jets are holding out for more, whether they're serious or playing possum, it has to be that?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it takes two to tangle. you can't help think the Jets are holding out for more, whether they're serious or playing possum, it has to be that?

It's hard for me to believe that any team will trade for a QB mid way through the season unless they have given up and are just looking towards the next season... Getting a QB means having that QB learn the system, the verbiage of that system, the audibles, formation, protection schemed etc... Things that teams normally work on during the off season and a new guy to come in and get it does not seem feasible...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's hard for me to believe that any team will trade for a QB mid way through the season unless they have given up and are just looking towards the next season... Getting a QB means having that QB learn the system, the verbiage of that system, the audibles, formation, protection schemed etc... Things that teams normally work on during the off season and a new guy to come in and get it does not seem feasible...

aren't the Jags 1-6? think this falls into the "given up are just looking toward the next season"?

for the immediate, they have to keep the fans engaged. yes, they'll likely keep losing cause Tebow can't just run the offense. but it is damage control with the fan base, give them some light for next season.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
aren't the Jags 1-6? think this falls into the "given up are just looking toward the next season"?

for the immediate, they have to keep the fans engaged. yes, they'll likely keep losing cause Tebow can't just run the offense. but it is damage control with the fan base, give them some light for next season.

True.. but what message does that say???

....We have this young QB that the previous regime drafted. We don't seem to have any chances in making the playoffs but instead of evaluating what he can do, to see if we need to draft a QB next season or not, we will bring someone who is not familiar with our system but at least he is a local hero that people might want to see and we will lose draft picks that we need to improve our team to bring him in...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True.. but what message does that say???

....We have this young QB that the previous regime drafted. We don't seem to have any chances in making the playoffs but instead of evaluating what he can do, to see if we need to draft a QB next season or not, we will bring someone who is not familiar with our system but at least he is a local hero that people might want to see and we will lose draft picks that we need to improve our team to bring him in...

yes, ordinarily an NFL team won't attempt this mid season, but Tebow and Florida isn't ordinary. so not saying this is always the right thing to do, but this situation is unique.

if they stick with Gabbert and continued losing, what message does that send?

but again, the Jets aren't just going to give him away. the Jets have to 'save face' the best they can.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gabbert has been pretty solid this year, why bring in Tebow? I'm glad that the rumors aren't true