• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Achilles NFL Injuries

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if they could just fix Aikers Hand Achilles they would be on to something. But IMO he has looked pretty quick to me. The catch and the other target he had last week (Staff under threw him a tad) he looked fast to me. He hasn't had a lot of running room either week. That said, if he can't stop fumbling it will be back to Sony............

It usually takes about a year and a half for guys to really get back.

Foreman looked good this year, like he is finally back to full speed. Akers looks fantastic to me for being just a few months past surgery.

This time next year I would expect him to look even better.

The older guys just don’t have the time to make it back because their NFL lives were nearing an end anyway.

But yeah, the fumbles could be a problem.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might disagree with you on Akers. No tougher of a matchup than playoff football imo. Akers has been running hard when his number is called. He could be a nice asset in 2022.

Kudos to @Payton for remembering this thread.
Wasn't just referring to yesterday, 17 for 55 vs ARZ, is hardly "okay", nor is 5 for 3 plus 3 for 10 va SF, especially when everyone and their mothers know the focus should be on Kupp and OBJ.

In not saying the dude is trash, because the sample size is far too small...but what's been shown, is far from OK, so I'm certainly not gonna go buy some '22 Akers stock, unless it's dirt cheap..not based off what ice seen thus far combined with the history of RB achillies injuries...gotta prove more

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just referring to yesterday, 17 for 55 vs ARZ, is hardly "okay", nor is 5 for 3 plus 3 for 10 va SF, especially when everyone and their mothers know the focus should be on Kupp and OBJ.

In not saying the dude is trash, because the sample size is far too small...but what's been shown, is far from OK, so I'm certainly not gonna go buy some '22 Akers stock, unless it's dirt cheap
I would chaulk up those first few games back off of IR, to getting into "game shape." To miss that time with that injury, and then be reactivated in week 16 or 17 to see your first action when the rest of the league is 15 and 16 games in...

Given those circumstances, he's shown improvement. His arrow is still pointing up to me for 2022.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In not saying the dude is trash, because the sample size is far too small...but what's been shown, is far from OK, so I'm certainly not gonna go buy some '22 Akers stock, unless it's dirt cheap..not based off what ice seen thus far combined with the history of RB achillies injuries...gotta prove more
I agree with you. Fully. Also, it took 4 years for foreman thats not exactly a recipe for success. So i dont think this changes anything in regards to achilles.