• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Achilles NFL Injuries

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: Not an exhaustive list.

1628450088798.png

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this list means nothing. If you look at injury and stage of career most of these guys were not coming back into starting situations.

Not saying the injury is not a major one. But let’s see how the news presents his rehab. I guarantee there will be at least one news report that claims he is better than ever.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems when the injury happens, my old, feeble brain cannot seem to recall former players with that injury.
This list is basically for me so I don't have to try to remember.

As for your comments...
I guarantee there will be at least one news report that claims he is better than ever in the best shape of his life!
:fify:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M. Leshoure, drafted in the second round,, starting RB for Detriot as a rookie, 800 and 9 in 14 games

Beanie Wells, drafted in the first, starter for ARZ in multiple seasons, including the prior season and a half before his injury, a 1k yd rusher, with a 10TD season

The Crow started 32 straight games in Clevand, half the games as a Jet, and was a very large part of the rushing game, and at 25/26, very much in his prime still.

Donta Foreman, a very high touted rookie, 3rd round pick had just begun to play a regular role, pushing L. Miller to the side in Texas..including a start and a multi score game, including that fateful 30 yard score where he ruptured his Achilles at the goaline.

I'd say even just specifically referring to young, talented, potentially super star, definitely starter quality, running backs, the list is exceptionally relevant.

And very damning to the chances of Mack and Akers ever being relevant again.

Well done Joe

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M. Leshoure, drafted in the second round,, starting RB for Detriot as a rookie, 800 and 9 in 14 games

Beanie Wells, drafted in the first, starter for ARZ in multiple seasons, including the prior season and a half before his injury, a 1k yd rusher, with a 10TD season

The Crow started 32 straight games in Clevand, half the games as a Jet, and was a very large part of the rushing game, and at 25/26, very much in his prime still.

Donta Foreman, a very high touted rookie, 3rd round pick had just begun to play a regular role, pushing L. Miller to the side in Texas..including a start and a multi score game, including that fateful 30 yard score where he ruptured his Achilles at the goaline.

I'd say even just specifically referring to young, talented, potentially super star, definitely starter quality, running backs, the list is exceptionally relevant.

And very damning to the chances of Mack and Akers ever being relevant again.

Well done Joe
depends on what we are talking about. Whether it’s real life or if it is fantasy value.

until the rams do something to change their rb depth we have to assume that when Akers comes back the rb1 will be his to lose.
That by itself is keeping his fantasy value to his owners high. As he is basically the equivalent of a first round pick in all dynasties. Not saying anyone should give up that much to get him. Just saying that should be the value any Akers owner should be looking for

if you want to talk real life, then sure. The injury is damning. And the rams should definitely protect themselves.

just like the lions did when Leshoure got hurt. They got Reggie bush. And that was bush after his best 2 seasons with the dolphins.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Foreman have some other “issues” other than just the achilles injury?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also. What Mack does this season isn’t going to be any predictor to akers next season. Remember that Mack is the RB 2 behind a far superior Taylor.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on what we are talking about. Whether it’s real life or if it is fantasy value.
well, I did post on the fantasy board (as opposed to the NFL board)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I did post on the fantasy board (as opposed to the NFL board)

My overall point is that in fantasy we don’t care whether he ever comes back in the future. Because that’s the future. Same questions we have about anyone’s future.

as of today, any Akers owner needs to assume he will be back next season as the rams number one rb.

which makes the chart useless. And I love your charts. But just saying in fantasy terms. This chart has no merit. Sorry that you pushed me to say that. Lol.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My overall point is that in fantasy we don’t care whether he ever comes back in the future. Because that’s the future. Same questions we have about anyone’s future.

as of today, any Akers owner needs to assume he will be back next season as the rams number one rb.

which makes the chart useless. And I love your charts. But just saying in fantasy terms. This chart has no merit. Sorry that you pushed me to say that. Lol.
I disagree with your Milkness.

If you are in a dynasty league, I am guessing most owners will be watching Marlon Mack and drawing conclusions on Akers as well.
An Achilles injury has not been this significant for a young RB since 2017 (Foreman) which some may feel is light years from 2021, perhaps given how medical science approaches recovery.
I mean, if that's how you feel then that's how you feel. Always good to hear your opinion. Usually. Sorry that you pushed me to say that. :noidea:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very hard to gauge Akers value at this point.

while most of his owners still view him as a future starter and want equal value for him, there is the risk he never comes back the same player and you end up getting nothing for him ( or very little ) instead of trading him for something decent now.

I have Akers in 1 league, but I also have Henderson, so I am in no rush to trade him.

Other Akers’ owners are not as fortunate but still playing hardball on trade offers they may regret not taking next year if Akers isn’t the same RB.

it’s a gamble, which is what FF is all about.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well therein lies the true merit of the list/chart. If you take your stubborn stomped foot outta the ground, and see it for what is..you do not have to assume Akers will be back as the starter, and you can accept the probability, as suggested by the history of the injury with the position, the probability, that Akers never returns in any substantial role, and trade him for what you can get.

Anyone taking a look at the history of achillies injuries with RB's who still blindly assumes Akers will return as the starter is about on par with flat earthers. All the evidence you need is right in front of you, yet you still reach the incorrect conclusion

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as Angellakerams says. It is a gamble either way. He's dead right. However, gambling he returns as a starter is like betting on any individual number hitting in roulette wheel, while betting that he's effectively done as a productive NFL player is much more of a bet on 'red' or 'black', the history, the odds, strongly suggest he's pretty much done. Certainly nothing in the data suggests there reason to believe otherwise

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a dynasty offer which include Akers.
Very very hesitant.
Thoughts on Akers' future?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with achillies injuries to kickers. Not even sure which leg he hurt. If it's his plant, I'd probably guess he's screwed. If it's his kicking leg, he can likely return, mostly. But no firm plant, no power, no accuracy.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with achillies injuries to kickers. Not even sure which leg he hurt. If it's his plant, I'd probably guess he's screwed. If it's his kicking leg, he can likely return, mostly. But no firm plant, no power, no accuracy.
giphy.gif

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Crabtree had a decent career after his Achilles injury. He had a 1,000 yard season with the Raiders.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a dynasty offer which include Akers.
Very very hesitant.
Thoughts on Akers' future?
Funny Joe i just stumbled onto this forum minutes after sending a pm to Bandit and Treff to talk about Mack's value (a player on the list above)

and imho a great list and very interesting question raised

and for some one to dis the list as nothing cmon appreciate the time, thought and effort put forth here...