• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Accountability

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just felt this deserved it's own thread.

I Loved reading this. Absolutely made my day. Total 100% accountability from both players. When you question Garrett as a coach, and you should at times, always remember he built this mentality too. Here are two of our leaders after they messed up yesterday. No excuses whatsoever from either:

But the Cowboys also gave away drives. Elliott and Jason Witten – the team’s elder statesman and likely future Hall of Fame tight end – lamented two lost fumbles against the Saints. First, trailing 6-3 in the second quarter, Saints linebacker A.J. Klein poked the ball away from Witten on a 16-yard catch and run into New Orleans territory at the 47. “Terrible turnover on my part,” Witten said. “I’ve got to be better there. It’s a basic fundamental play. “It’s usually not the guy you see. It’s the guy you don’t see. But line one for playing tight end is catching balls over the middle and securing the catch and getting first downs. Yeah, you want run after catch, but you’ve got the hopes and dreams of the team in your hands.”

“You play against good teams, they’re going to limit your possessions,” Witten said. “Turnovers -- that’s why every possession is so critical. You come back and say, well, maybe it didn’t cost us because we got a defensive stop, but it does because you don’t get enough shots at it.”

Then, just before halftime, Elliott appeared to pick up a fourth-and-1 run to the Cowboys’ 45-yard line, but Saints safety Vonn Bell poked the ball loose in the pile and recovered it. Replays showed Elliott’s elbow might have been down before the fumble, but the officiating crew upheld their call. “I just coughed it up,” Elliott said. “It’s not acceptable. This team relies on me in moments like that, fourth-and-1. I just can’t let the team down like that. “It doesn’t really matter if my elbow was down or not. I’ve got to take care of the ball in that situation. The team relies on me to take care of the ball in that situation.”

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we are firing on all cylinders by week 10.

From week 10 to week 15 we could go 0-6!
I think we are a good enough team to not let that happen, but that part of the schedule gets real.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just felt this deserved it's own thread.

I Loved reading this. Absolutely made my day. Total 100% accountability from both players. When you question Garrett as a coach, and you should at times, always remember he built this mentality too. Here are two of our leaders after they messed up yesterday. No excuses whatsoever from either:

But the Cowboys also gave away drives. Elliott and Jason Witten – the team’s elder statesman and likely future Hall of Fame tight end – lamented two lost fumbles against the Saints. First, trailing 6-3 in the second quarter, Saints linebacker A.J. Klein poked the ball away from Witten on a 16-yard catch and run into New Orleans territory at the 47. “Terrible turnover on my part,” Witten said. “I’ve got to be better there. It’s a basic fundamental play. “It’s usually not the guy you see. It’s the guy you don’t see. But line one for playing tight end is catching balls over the middle and securing the catch and getting first downs. Yeah, you want run after catch, but you’ve got the hopes and dreams of the team in your hands.”

“You play against good teams, they’re going to limit your possessions,” Witten said. “Turnovers -- that’s why every possession is so critical. You come back and say, well, maybe it didn’t cost us because we got a defensive stop, but it does because you don’t get enough shots at it.”

Then, just before halftime, Elliott appeared to pick up a fourth-and-1 run to the Cowboys’ 45-yard line, but Saints safety Vonn Bell poked the ball loose in the pile and recovered it. Replays showed Elliott’s elbow might have been down before the fumble, but the officiating crew upheld their call. “I just coughed it up,” Elliott said. “It’s not acceptable. This team relies on me in moments like that, fourth-and-1. I just can’t let the team down like that. “It doesn’t really matter if my elbow was down or not. I’ve got to take care of the ball in that situation. The team relies on me to take care of the ball in that situation.”
i really like that. Now move on to Green bay.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we are firing on all cylinders by week 10.

From week 10 to week 15 we could go 0-6!
I think we are a good enough team to not let that happen, but that part of the schedule gets real.
We should win our division. The Eagles are our only competition.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Cooper as a player and person. A true number one that we really have not had since Irvin. I dont count TO. Yeah TO was a great receiver, but he was also a jerk. Dez was a number 1 for too short of a time and he was a borderline 1. Cooper is the complete package
Cooper caught 11 passes against a good GB secondary. This guy is the key to our winning the division.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper caught 11 passes against a good GB secondary. This guy is the key to our winning the division.
I am excited Gallup is back.
I really think when both are healthy you will pick your poison. Want to take Cooper away Gallup can make you pay & if you shift to Gallup, Cooper makes them pay.
1st year in awhile I actually like our receiving corp.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the opposite end of the spectrum we have TO. Still no accountability. "For whatever reason" :pound:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the opposite end of the spectrum we have TO. Still no accountability. "For whatever reason" :pound:

He may be right about Garrett.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of egos and dynamics go into these player/ coach / owner relationships. Lots of decisions have been made during Garret’s tenure that have really been weird. I mean did JJ really have Johnny Footballs card ready to draft and if so what changed his mind. Just one example.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of egos and dynamics go into these player/ coach / owner relationships. Lots of decisions have been made during Garret’s tenure that have really been weird. I mean did JJ really have Johnny Footballs card ready to draft and if so what changed his mind. Just one example.

I was kidding. My point is does JJ really like Garrett or does he like him because he knows he can bully him and still partake in the team. What was the story with Linehan? Someone asked me a question the other day and it said it you could sit at a table with 3 athletes past or present and have a discussion , who would they be? JJ was on my list.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if Garrett finishes the season. I also think that he has completely taken over play calling duties . A loss this week against the Eagles could be the final straw especially if it is a blowout

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if Garrett finishes the season. I also think that he has completely taken over play calling duties . A loss this week against the Eagles could be the final straw especially if it is a blowout
I get the "we need to change because we are loosing" but I dont get why the change went backwards to an older style that lost games. They have no balance and are as predictable as a team can be