• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

According to BR, Machado signs with Padres

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know how to post the link, but it just broke. Thank you Manny, go and not give full effort in San Diego.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Crazy Money is going to look bad if they don't come up with Harper and the fact he's going to get more the Manny doesn't have me feeling good about the signing. Feel Manny would have been a better value, guess they like Bohm (which makes sense since they took him 3rd overall)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't think of these guys is worth the monies there asking. This borders on highway robbery.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad the Padres got him! Only problem now, Harper will want to beat that deal.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years $310M does not do it now.....well....unless NO ONE is willing to offer near or more.

I am sure Boras picked up the phone immediately and called the Phils to come up.

Bet if we get him it comes in at 10 years $320-330M. I am not crazy about spending such money. That said....no tears of Manny; I did not want him in Philly anyway.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't think of these guys is worth the monies there asking. This borders on highway robbery.

But retro, like I said earlier, Harper will increase CBP attendance from 2.1 million to well over 3.5 million, maybe over 4 million, if the team becomes a winner like the best Yankees and Red Sox teams. If we don’t get Harper, the WS just moves further away. We must have excitement! :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some legit points as usual, jvett. Some I agree with and some I am little reticent to go all in.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some legit points as usual, jvett. Some I agree with and some I am little reticent to go all in.

You hate the big money, obviously. They’re horribly overpaid. True. But, how much are the owners allowed to make if the players are capped. It seems there should be some limits on salaries so less rich franchises can survive but the two sides can’t get together. Some brilliant guy needs to figure it out. Until then, we have to put up Harper money or just settle for being a good team.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate the big money, obviously. They’re horribly overpaid. True. But, how much are the owners allowed to make if the players are capped. It seems there should be some limits on salaries so less rich franchises can survive but the two sides can’t get together. Some brilliant guy needs to figure it out. Until then, we have to put up Harper money or just settle for being a good team.

Hell....I don't know of any fans that like all this money being thrown around. It's obscene and ridiculous. And....it't the reality.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell....I don't know of any fans that like all this money being thrown around. It's obscene and ridiculous. And....it't the reality.

I have said this in other posts - quite honestly I do not care how much an athlete makes or how big a team's payroll is
If the Phillies want to have a $500 million dollar payroll go for it - in the grand scheme of my life that high payroll doesn't affect my bills one way or another
Also if a player can get $30-35 mill a year more power to him
I don't begrudge anyone making whatever salary they are making - again it doesn't affect my life

I just want to see a winning team and if paying the big bucks helps with that I'm all in

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this in other posts - quite honestly I do not care how much an athlete makes or how big a team's payroll is
If the Phillies want to have a $500 million dollar payroll go for it - in the grand scheme of my life that high payroll doesn't affect my bills one way or another
Also if a player can get $30-35 mill a year more power to him
I don't begrudge anyone making whatever salary they are making - again it doesn't affect my life

I just want to see a winning team and if paying the big bucks helps with that I'm all in

Agreed. This is (around) where the market is at. If we aren’t putting out the money someone else will.

Maybe Harper ends up being underwhelming the next decade. Maybe he doesn’t. But if you aren’t competing to get to find out you’re going nowhere.