• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC minus Clemson vs PAC for a natty first

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My judgement may be clouded by my lack of respect for Miles as a coach...although he did manage to continue Saban's ability to keep Louisiana players in Louisiana...which in and of itself is enough to win at LSU.
Your judgement is definitely clouded, but at least you own up to it. By the way you are definitely not alone, mine was as well for the longest time. It is hard to credit a guy who eats grass as opposed to the greatest coach in modern era college football.

I don’t think Miles was a great coach of the game, he was a solid motivator and recruiter. That can only get you so far. He was great at continuing the success Saban initially built. I loved Les as a guy, just was over him as a coach. It’s a shame when you want a guy to succeed but he is too stubborn for his own good.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014??

Going forward I think I’d rather watch paint dry.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that wasn't the coach I was referencing, that dumbass just rode a better coaches' players to the title game a la Les Miles.

So now with the new coach recruiting better than Kelly, its still not possible?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your judgement is definitely clouded, but at least you own up to it. By the way you are definitely not alone, mine was as well for the longest time. It is hard to credit a guy who eats grass as opposed to the greatest coach in modern era college football.

I don’t think Miles was a great coach of the game, he was a solid motivator and recruiter. That can only get you so far. He was great at continuing the success Saban initially built. I loved Les as a guy, just was over him as a coach. It’s a shame when you want a guy to succeed but he is too stubborn for his own good.

Sadly, I think you just described Coach O too. I would probably grab drinks with Les or Orgeron...Saban not so much.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 teams from the Pac have a reasonable chance based on performance in the last 30 years...USC, Washington and Oregon and Stanford.

lzFs63m.gif

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now with the new coach recruiting better than Kelly, its still not possible?

Anything is possible, that's why you are on the possible list and not the fuck no never list.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Under Paul Johnson GT was somewhat held back by his leather helmet offensive strategy. Yes, they might beat you once in a while, but they were never contending for anything. But with this new coach, who knows? And the Yellow Jackets are now recruiting pretty well too now that Johnson was shown the door. Georgia Tech has plenty of unrealized potential.
Paul Johnson was a joke, dude had no business getting extension after extension. He would have non-stop mediocre seasons and come extension time would have a 9/10 win year. Guy should have been shown the door with his high school offense a long time ago.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I think you just described Coach O too. I would probably grab drinks with Les or Orgeron...Saban not so much.
I coach football, so from a football perspective no doubt who I would pick. In terms of just shooting it, I’d probably pick Miles. I can understand more of his words although I’m not quite sure I would understand half of what he is saying.

One of my favorite Miles quotes is, attack you opponents strength. Which is either very bold or very stupid... I’ll let you decide for yourself.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That coach didn't leave, he was fired. If he can get us to a title game, there is no reason why someone else can't.
The guy who built that team did leave and you can’t exactly buy players, sorry “overpay for recruiting services” like you did under chipper.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who built that team did leave and you can’t exactly buy players, sorry “overpay for recruiting services” like you did under chipper.

We can't? We're recruiting better now than we ever did under Kelly.

Not saying, just saying...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't? We're recruiting better now than we ever did under Kelly.

Not saying, just saying...
Oregon has finished higher in every class than UW since at least 2013. Ranking doesn't mean shit. Wins do.

Crystal ball needs to win something before anyone really buys into those rankings.

FWIW, I believe UW finishes ahead of Oregon in the rerankimgs that happen after players leave. What you do with the kids matters more than stars given before they ever see a down.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has finished higher in every class than UW since at least 2013. Ranking doesn't mean shit. Wins do.

Crystal ball needs to win something before anyone really buys into those rankings.

FWIW, I believe UW finishes ahead of Oregon in the rerankimgs that happen after players leave. What you do with the kids matters more than stars given before they ever see a down.

Speaking of wins, what's Cristobals record vs Washington?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre-wrong-gif.gif

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU and Miami will always have a shot of recruiting their way to a National Title

you could easily get #1 rated classes with either of those schools with a bit of lucky breaks.

Plus, The ACC is also on a bit of a roll with constantly winning titles in the major sports, that is only going to help.

It is an easy pick. Take the FSU Seminoles and Miami Hurricanes alone over the entire PAC-12 long term.

Schools like Louisville, GT, and Virginia Tech are just bonus points.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG has listed them before, thought UW was ahead of Oregon, but don't care enough to go look it up. Apparently you aren't either since you didn't post them yourself.

Petersen has turned quite a few lower ranked kids into studs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of wins, what's Cristobals record vs Washington?
How many conference championships? Division championships?

Win something before you guys act like you have something rolling.