• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Abdullah Trade To the 49ers?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one makes sense.

The 49ers have been a regular trade partner of the Lions in the past few seasons, having just sent them Eli Harold, their third deal of the past few seasons. Former Lions general manager Martin Mayhew works in their front office, and Abdullah was the second-round pick of his final draft in Detroit.

Based on the recent market for veteran trades, a Day Three pick is likely what Abdullah could bring back if he were to be dealt.

Are the Detroit Lions in a position to trade a running back?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one makes sense.

The 49ers have been a regular trade partner of the Lions in the past few seasons, having just sent them Eli Harold, their third deal of the past few seasons. Former Lions general manager Martin Mayhew works in their front office, and Abdullah was the second-round pick of his final draft in Detroit.

Based on the recent market for veteran trades, a Day Three pick is likely what Abdullah could bring back if he were to be dealt.

Are the Detroit Lions in a position to trade a running back?
No offense, guy. But I don’t think anybody wants any of the lions running backs.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, guy. But I don’t think anybody wants any of the lions running backs.

Pretty sure Theo Riddick is still the best receiving back in the NFL. Wait until you see Kerryon this year too. Dude is the real deal.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too soon to say (tiny) fingers crossed on this one?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Theo Riddick is still the best receiving back in the NFL. Wait until you see Kerryon this year too. Dude is the real deal.
He’s not better than Bell, David Johnson, kamara, or McCaffrey. Heck he’s probably not even better than sproles, Cohen or lewis. I’ll give you the opportunity to take that insanely stupid comment back.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not better than Bell, David Johnson, kamara, or McCaffrey. Heck he’s probably not even better than sproles, Cohen or lewis. I’ll give you the opportunity to take that insanely stupid comment back.

Kamara and McCaffrey had a good year each. Bell and Johnson are certainly better runners but not better receivers but the are good as well. You are dreaming with the rest. NO and CAR do not have the WRs the Lions have so Riddick does not get the volume Kamara and McCaffrey get. Make no mistake he is way harder to cover and a much better route runner though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions signed RB Donnel Pumphrey.

It is a confusing signing for a team which already has five backs on the active roster. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Lions like Pumphrey's ability as a returner, which could be bad news for Ameer Abdullah's roster spot. Pumphrey is a long-shot to return fantasy value this season.
Related: Eagles

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions signed RB Donnel Pumphrey.

It is a confusing signing for a team which already has five backs on the active roster. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Lions like Pumphrey's ability as a returner, which could be bad news for Ameer Abdullah's roster spot. Pumphrey is a long-shot to return fantasy value this season.
Related: Eagles

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Hopefully it means AA is traded although this guy is going to the PS.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give us a third rounder please 49ers.

Need to make up for the horrible D. Hand trade this last draft.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see something like this going down

Lions get 49ers 6th

49ers get Ameer Abdullah

Patriots get Lions 2nd

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give us a third rounder please 49ers.

Need to make up for the horrible D. Hand trade this last draft.

Hey nice call on Paxton Lynch btw. I hear he's available if you still want to cut Stafford for him.

:billb:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey nice call on Paxton Lynch btw. I hear he's available if you still want to cut Stafford for him.

None of the bitchers seem to remember all the shit players they wanted. There were people here who didnt even want Foles as a backup when I mentioned he became available and then he wins a Super Bowl. Yes I know he sucked last night but this is going back a couple years too. He has been decent up to now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the bitchers seem to remember all the shit players they wanted. There were people here who didnt even want Foles as a backup when I mentioned he became available and then he wins a Super Bowl. Yes I know he sucked last night but this is going back a couple years too. He has been decent up to now.

If I get it wrong a little more often I should qualify to replace Bob Quin. During the interview I just need to find out if it is required I send as many draft picks as possible to only the Patriots, or can I choose a different team to give them to.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I get it wrong a little more often I should qualify to replace Bob Quin. During the interview I just need to find out if it is required I send as many draft picks as possible to only the Patriots, or can I choose a different team to give them to.

Well we stole half their training and coaching staff so its only fair. As soon as BB is gone that team is toast. They have lost too much. BB and TB keep them afloat for now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What demons have I unleashed?

Paxton Lynch - QB - Free Agent
Free agent Paxton Lynch visited the Lions.

Lynch visited with the Bills earlier in the week. The Lions rarely roster three quarterbacks, so this is likely due dilligence. Lynch has also been linked to the Cowboys.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles sucks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What demons have I unleashed?

Paxton Lynch - QB - Free Agent
Free agent Paxton Lynch visited the Lions.

Lynch visited with the Bills earlier in the week. The Lions rarely roster three quarterbacks, so this is likely due dilligence. Lynch has also been linked to the Cowboys.
Could you talk about some linebackers, tackles and ends?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at last night. That might be on the table.