• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AB to the 49ers?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As talented as he is, I would not want that cancer on any team that I root for.

Agreed. His head had gotten way too big ... he now thinks he's bigger than the team... seems to be a lot of that in pittsburgh

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As talented as he is, I would not want that cancer on any team that I root for.

This....but I don't make the rules.

If SF does this....for a 6th round pick and an amendment to his contract that the second he gets out of line, DeForest Buckner gets to kick his hip hop head in....then maybe I'll go for it.

Maybe.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers players, Antonio Brown share friendly Twitter exchange

It makes a ton of sense. Get him to the other conference. I know they play SF next year, but otherwise it shouldn't impact the season overall. I bet they could get at least a 2 and 3, and maybe a future solid pick for him.

I'm not sure how much say AB is going to have in this trade should it actually happen.

SF top 4 picks... 4, 36, 67, 98

I think the NFC would be ideal, and GB reportedly has interest.

If OAK wants to move Conley I think they can package Conley and 1.27 and pick up Antonio Brown.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how much say AB is going to have in this trade should it actually happen.

SF top 4 picks... 4, 36, 67, 98

I think the NFC would be ideal, and GB reportedly has interest.

If OAK wants to move Conley I think they can package Conley and 1.27 and pick up Antonio Brown.
GB would be a disaster. They've got to be thinking small rebuild at this time, and they already have one high-priced prima donna on their roster. It's also not like they don't have talent at WR, it's just a matter of health.

Why the hell does Oakland want to move Conley? He's their best DB. Fucking hell, is Gruden just trying to sabotage the team into folding or something??

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. His head had gotten way too big ... he now thinks he's bigger than the team... seems to be a lot of that in pittsburgh

This is a pretty easy position to take given the final week BS that played out in PIT.

The truth is AB is one of the hardest practice and game players in the NFL...WR diva? no question, but the league is full of them.

Mike Tomlin's "player coach", and treating men like men approach has created a loose lockerroom that has clearly boiled over. Obviously AB needs to be accountable for AB, but since he's become the starter and WR1 in 2013, issues like week 17 have been few and far in between.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB would be a disaster. They've got to be thinking small rebuild at this time, and they already have one high-priced prima donna on their roster. It's also not like they don't have talent at WR, it's just a matter of health.

Why the hell does Oakland want to move Conley? He's their best DB. Fucking hell, is Gruden just trying to sabotage the team into folding or something??

I'll let you make the call on GB...lol. Making a deal like this would be out of their comfort zone as much as it is for PIT.

OAK...idk how serious it was but Conley had been benched at one point this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let you make the call on GB...lol. Making a deal like this would be out of their comfort zone as much as it is for PIT.

OAK...idk how serious it was but Conley had been benched at one point this season.
Hopefully for his sake, Oakland does trade Conley. If it's not the Browns, though, keep him the hell out of the AFC North.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to hear AB actually talk, so far, he hasn't taken charge of his own narrative. Either people are trying to speak for him out of turn, or he's too scared to do it himself.

The situation is still really fluid, and if I had to bet, he's gone. And if he IS gone, the Steelers are in the drivers seat for deciding where he goes, not Jerry Rice. And it better be a damn kings ransom for one of the best players in the league.

Davenport, Mack and Cooper all went for 1st round picks, (Two for Mack) and AB is better than any of them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully for his sake, Oakland does trade Conley. If it's not the Browns, though, keep him the hell out of the AFC North.

If there are indeed conversations going on with OAK and I expect there will be...I would think PIT would be the ones looking to add Conley in the deal more than OAK would be. If that's the case, it becomes how much do they want Brown?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty easy position to take given the final week BS that played out in PIT.

The truth is AB is one of the hardest practice and game players in the NFL...WR diva? no question, but the league is full of them.

Mike Tomlin's "player coach", and treating men like men approach has created a loose lockerroom that has clearly boiled over. Obviously AB needs to be accountable for AB, but since he's become the starter and WR1 in 2013, issues like week 17 have been few and far in between.
^ Tomlin to blame for the loose locker room that let the ego grow, and for the clash with the Ben ego that Tomlin also let grow that caused the blow up.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR diva? no question, but the league is full of them.
Agree with that. WR's all over the league are divas who think the game is all about them. It's been that way for a very long time. moss, T.O., Ocho Cinco, the list is a mile long. Massive talents with equally massive egos. A very few exceptions stand out from time to time like Fitzgerald but those are rare.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to hear AB actually talk, so far, he hasn't taken charge of his own narrative. Either people are trying to speak for him out of turn, or he's too scared to do it himself.

The situation is still really fluid, and if I had to bet, he's gone. And if he IS gone, the Steelers are in the drivers seat for deciding where he goes, not Jerry Rice. And it better be a damn kings ransom for one of the best players in the league.

Davenport, Mack and Cooper all went for 1st round picks, (Two for Mack) and AB is better than any of them.
I kind of think AB knows he is not viewed well in the public eye and really can't say much without looking even worse. I do agree that what Rice says is irrelevant too. The Steelers brass holds all the cards here. If AB had half a brain, he would stay off of social media and try to meet with Rooney, Tomlin and the rest of the brass in private and hash some shit out. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride a little and accept the consequences. They could ship him off to fucking Buffalo if they want to.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the safe play...we know there was some altercation or issue involving Ben and AB...AB didn't play week 17 and really it get's very cloudy from there.

But...if the reports of him not returning phone calls from the man Art II himself are true..I'm leaning towards him taking lead counsel advice and saying nothing which probably means he's getting dealt.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think AB knows he is not viewed well in the public eye and really can't say much without looking even worse. I do agree that what Rice says is irrelevant too. The Steelers brass holds all the cards here. If AB had half a brain, he would stay off of social media and try to meet with Rooney, Tomlin and the rest of the brass in private and hash some shit out. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride a little and accept the consequences. They could ship him off to fucking Buffalo if they want to.

AB...I think he's listening to his agents now, because the court of public opinion is not really in his corner at the moment.

I do think he has been given that opportunity from Mr Rooney, and I assume that door will stay open for a while and it could negate all of this trade talk if he so chooses to stand down and take whatever fall out comes out of this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with that. WR's all over the league are divas who think the game is all about them. It's been that way for a very long time. moss, T.O., Ocho Cinco, the list is a mile long. Massive talents with equally massive egos. A very few exceptions stand out from time to time like Fitzgerald but those are rare.

We can feel some kind of way about Antonio Brown on the heels of this, and I get that. There are some good reasons to pass on a player, even of AB's talent, but what he's done to date I don't think applies as one of them.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can hope all he wants, since he is being a bitch to the Steelers they can fo what is best for the team, not giving one fuck what he wants. He probably wants to go to San Fran to put the blame on a bad team, if things go bad for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can hope all he wants, since he is being a bitch to the Steelers they can fo what is best for the team, not giving one fuck what he wants. He probably wants to go to San Fran to put the blame on a bad team, if things go bad for him.

Nah, he sees an opening for a #1 WR with an ascending offense. Targets targets targets and cap space.