• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers: 'Tough Decision' On Future Awaits

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have enough money to get him? But yes it is a good place for him.. Who remains on the Steelers?
Not sure, but they are a annual contender, rich history like GB and don't go through coaches . I'm sure Ben was making bank, so they should be able to bring him onboard and Tomlin already put up with 1 diva AB for years, so should be able to handle another

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my choices in order.

1. Titans - Because they've made the post season past 3 seasons and are a QB away from a SB appearance. Vrabel is a good coach whom I think Aaron would trust. Main reason is because of Derrick Henry.
2. Vikings - Only because to get back at the Packers which would be right up Aaron's alley.
3. Steelers - Good coach, defense, always make the postseason. Why not?
4. Broncos / Raiders / Dolphins - Raiders made the postseason, Dolphins came close and Broncos are in need of a QB. Only problem is we don't know who the coach is. I strongly believe the Head Coach will be one of the deciding factors where Aaron would like to be traded to.
5. Washington - Decent defense. Maybe not the best weapons on offense but I he and Rivera would make something happen.

I thought about the 49ers, but I just don't see it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Titans - Because they've made the post season past 3 seasons and are a QB away from a SB appearance. Vrabel is a good coach whom I think Aaron would trust. Main reason is because of Derrick Henry.
2. Vikings - Only because to get back at the Packers which would be right up Aaron's alley.
4. Broncos / Raiders / Dolphins - Raiders made the postseason, Dolphins came close and Broncos are in need of a QB. Only problem is we don't know who the coach is. I strongly believe the Head Coach will be one of the deciding factors where Aaron would like to be traded to.
5. Washington - Decent defense. Maybe not the best weapons on offense but I he and Rivera would make something happen.

He is not a free agent till 2023 so doubt GB lets him go to Minn

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... Thats why I said just to get back at GB. You know that is fuming within him right now; to get back at GB.
My bad didn't see it in the post. GB should be the one fuming not him, they kissed his ass, with coach, gm and Pres all flying down to persuade him to stay of season. Guy makes 40 mill a years to sling a ball and has only been to 1 SB after team has dished out over 1/2 billion, fuck off with that Aaron. When you choke a team with salary cap, you can't always bring in all the right players. I would love to see him take a team home discount to say 15-20 mill and bring in some more talent. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad didn't see it in the post. GB should be the one fuming not him, they kissed his ass, with coach, gm and Pres all flying down to persuade him to stay of season. Guy makes 40 mill a years to sling a ball and has only been to 1 SB after team has dished out over 1/2 billion, fuck off with that Aaron. When you choke a team with salary cap, you can't always bring in all the right players. I would love to see him take a team home discount to say 15-20 mill and bring in some more talent. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered

GB did do a lot of ass kissing... agree 100%.

Thompson did not do a lot in free agency to maybe help Rodgers get to Super Bowl... however, the new GM Gutey for the 2019 season brought in 4 high priced free agents that all had impact and were starters for Packers (Z. Smith, P. Smith, Amos and Turner). With that signing he created the window for Rodgers to get it done in the playoffs. On top of that, he has had some good drafts (Alexander, Gary, Savage, Jenkins, Dillon) despite drafting later in the rounds... only "misstep" Rodgers can point to is drafting Jordan Love.

But as you noted, Rodgers never gave the Packers a discount, he wanted the money... that is obviously more important to him. His responses when he got upset this spring and was not going to report regarding issues with management (other than drafting Love) letting certain players go is very telling that he wanted his cake and to eat it too... but does not work that way in NFL. There is a salary cap, if he wants all the money, less to spread around for other players.... not too much more Packers could have done, already have salary cap mess to now clean up.

Do not think Rodgers would ever go to the Vikings... that would be to "Favre" like, and although they mended the fences publicly, I still think Rodgers enjoys distancing himself from Favre when he can. He could go the Bears, he already "owns them" as he already stated :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I saw Hackett was getting strong consideration as head coach I figured Denver may be trying to line things up.. and Broncos do have some cap space.

However... getting to Super Bowl may not be so easy in division with both Mahomes and Herbert. Then throw in Burrow and Allen also in AFC... big gauntlet to make it out of AFC.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you that GB should be fuming not Aaron. But having seen who Aaron is by is offseason garbage and lying about his immunization, sounds like he is selfish and all about himself. Having said that, I firmly believe he would love to get back at GB for taking Love.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that GB should be fuming not Aaron. But having seen who Aaron is by is offseason garbage and lying about his immunization, sounds like he is selfish and all about himself. Having said that, I firmly believe he would love to get back at GB for taking Love.
That's his mentality. Did Favre get mad when they drafted Rodgers in first round? He played for 3 more seasons till he was getting long in the tooth and Aaron learned alot from sitting behind him for those years. Bradshaw said that when they drafted a guy, he didn't give a crap cause he knew he was better. It seemed to put a fire under Rodgers ass cause he played his best football last 2 years. Only the owner is irreplaceable till they sell, everyone else is expendable and the sooner you know that, the better off you are. Brady's old man said the same thing in NE, and Belichick the genius wanted to keep Jimmy G here in NE, after the brittle one lasts a whole 6 Q's. 3 SB's later, looks like Mr Kraft was the genius, not hoodie

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his mentality. Did Favre get mad when they drafted Rodgers in first round? He played for 3 more seasons till he was getting long in the tooth and Aaron learned alot from sitting behind him for those years. Bradshaw said that when they drafted a guy, he didn't give a crap cause he knew he was better. It seemed to put a fire under Rodgers ass cause he played his best football last 2 years. Only the owner is irreplaceable till they sell, everyone else is expendable and the sooner you know that, the better off you are. Brady's old man said the same thing in NE, and Belichick the genius wanted to keep Jimmy G here in NE, after the brittle one lasts a whole 6 Q's. 3 SB's later, looks like Mr Kraft was the genius, not hoodie

Quoted for truth. Well said.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen sooo much press, talk shows, threads etc....., wasted on a dude who won 1 fuckin S.B.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cross titans off the list

Ben Arthur of The Tennessean reports that it's "not feasible" for the Titans to move on from Ryan Tannehill's contract this offseason.​

Releasing Tannehill would trigger a $57.4 million dead cap charge, while trading him would leave a $29 million fully guaranteed base salary to his next team. We're a little surprised to see Tannehill so squarely on the hot seat after a season that had him throwing to Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and left without Derrick Henry for months, but a three-pick playoff flop will do that to you. It will be much easier for the Titans to move on from Tannehill -- if they want to -- in the 2023 offseason.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben Arthur of The Tennessean reports that it's "not feasible" for the Titans to move on from Ryan Tannehill's contract this offseason.​

Releasing Tannehill would trigger a $57.4 million dead cap charge, while trading him would leave a $29 million fully guaranteed base salary to his next team. We're a little surprised to see Tannehill so squarely on the hot seat after a season that had him throwing to Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and left without Derrick Henry for months, but a three-pick playoff flop will do that to you. It will be much easier for the Titans to move on from Tannehill -- if they want to -- in the 2023 offseason.

Yeah, I was wondering if the contract would make it difficult. I don't see how they have confidence after that terrible performance against the Bengals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a big vote of confidence for Tannehill... we are not getting rid of you because of the dead cap hit and no one wants you at $29M fully guaranteed :D

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't think the Titans was a viable option. I don't think the Colts are either unless they can dump Wentz on some sucker which is highly unlikely. The Colts also have no first rounder which is an absolute must for GB to trade A.R. And I doubt the Packers trade him in conference. So in the AFC, you have the Broncos, Steelers and maybe Dolphins in play. Just my 2 cents, mind you.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career seems to be about feasting on a bad division in the North during the regular season and then hitting the wall in the playoffs.

Denver fans are depserate to get him but I think he would be nuts to go to the AFC at all. If Brady retires you're left with just Stafford and Murray. The rest of the NFC teams are just happy to be there if they make the playoffs.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career seems to be about feasting on a bad division in the North during the regular season and then hitting the wall in the playoffs.

Denver fans are depserate to get him but I think he would be nuts to go to the AFC at all. If Brady retires you're left with just Stafford and Murray. The rest of the NFC teams are just happy to be there if they make the playoffs.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

vikings, bears, and lions are murderers row, the reason their records are always so bad is from beating up on each other

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... At 38 you had to expect he only had a few years left