• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers: 'Tough Decision' On Future Awaits

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With rumors that Giselle is going to force Brady to hang it up, maybe he goes to Tampa???
I am thinking he has a chance to go to Indy, Miami...maybe a dark horse, Cleveland? Arians said he would be absolutely shocked if Brady didn't return next year.

Indy has the dome and a good overall team around him with a great offensive line and one of the best RB's in the NFL.

Miami has a talented roster, but maybe lacking the QB. Warm weather, no state tax, quality team, and a lot of young players with draft stock.

Cleveland seems unlikely, because it is a cold weather team. They do have a great offensive line, RB's, good defense, but very few receiving threats. They also have the kind of money needed to pay Rodgers if they can find a taker for Mayfield. Cleveland is in their window, but they need to stay healthy and they need an all-pro at QB.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor somewhere that Favre told AR12 to leave G.B. for Minnesota.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With rumors that Giselle is going to force Brady to hang it up, maybe he goes to Tampa???

I think a landing spot would be Tennessee myself....
Tannehill is awful and with a decent qb along with Henry and thar def,theyd have good chance.....
But with the performances Birrow,Mahomes and Allen put out,,it would take a hof qb to try and out duel that.....
Tenn has the pieces right now,they just need that qb.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking he has a chance to go to Indy, Miami...maybe a dark horse, Cleveland? Arians said he would be absolutely shocked if Brady didn't return next year.

Indy has the dome and a good overall team around him with a great offensive line and one of the best RB's in the NFL.

Miami has a talented roster, but maybe lacking the QB. Warm weather, no state tax, quality team, and a lot of young players with draft stock.

Cleveland seems unlikely, because it is a cold weather team. They do have a great offensive line, RB's, good defense, but very few receiving threats. They also have the kind of money needed to pay Rodgers if they can find a taker for Mayfield. Cleveland is in their window, but they need to stay healthy and they need an all-pro at QB.
Pittsburgh?

And since when does Rodgers mind cold weather? Has spent his career playing in the coldest climate in the NFL.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a landing spot would be Tennessee myself....
Tannehill is awful and with a decent qb along with Henry and thar def,theyd have good chance.....
But with the performances Birrow,Mahomes and Allen put out,,it would take a hof qb to try and out duel that.....
Tenn has the pieces right now,they just need that qb.....
The issue with Tennessee is that Tannehill carries a 38.6 million dollar cap hit next season. They're stuck with that.

Side note: Tannehill definitely doesn't "suck". He has had a solid career. Let's not be prisoners of the moment, just because he played bad in front of the entire country a couple of days ago.

Especially in Tennessee, he led the league in 4 major passing categories in 2019 en route to a pro bowl. Real solid playoff run as well that season. He's just... Alex Smith. Good enough to get you to the post-season with a good team. Just not good enough to win there. Does everything "well". Nothing great.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't exactly compare Alex Smith and Tannehill but i do pretty much agree with Tannehill being a decent QB thats overpaid and not a 'sucky' player.

If Packers have any choice in this then they'll boot Rodgers to the AFC. Broncos and Steelers seem like obvious choices. Rodgers probably more drawn to the Steelers winning culture but its hard to rule out the Broncos roster being a QB away and the Steelers having a trash oline. Although easily the funniest scenario would be the Patriots.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't exactly compare Alex Smith and Tannehill but i do pretty much agree with Tannehill being a decent QB thats overpaid and not a 'sucky' player.

If Packers have any choice in this then they'll boot Rodgers to the AFC. Broncos and Steelers seem like obvious choices. Rodgers probably more drawn to the Steelers winning culture but its hard to rule out the Broncos roster being a QB away and the Steelers having a trash oline. Although easily the funniest scenario would be the Patriots.
I think it's a decent comp.

Similar frame. Mobile and capable of running when they have to. Both have solid winning percentages. Started out in shitty situations, and then began to win/post respectable numbers when moving on into a better one. Not big arms, but efficient where they have to be. They know their limitations when throwing the football. Tannehill a bit higher TD% and Smith a bit lower INT%. Each had a couple of really big years and outside of that have maintained an above average to respectable level of play. Each also made a conference title game and lost in their breakout seasons.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a decent comp.

Similar frame. Mobile and capable of running when they have to. Both have solid winning percentages. Started out in shitty situations, and then began to win/post respectable numbers when moving on into a better one. Not big arms, but efficient where they have to be. They know their limitations when throwing the football. Tannehill a bit higher TD% and Smith a bit lower INT%. Each had a couple of really big years and outside of that have maintained an above average to respectable level of play. Each also made a conference title game and lost in their breakout seasons.
Alex Smith got the ball out. I think he had a year where Spencer Ware, his RB, was his leading receiver. Tannehill holds it longer to make more plays and just generally takes more risks.

Alex Smith went 9-7 with Andy Reid, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce and that big 3 combined for over 4,000 yards. I don't want to commit too much slander because a lot of Chiefs fans love Alex Smith but...cmon.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith got the ball out. I think he had a year where Spencer Ware, his RB, was his leading receiver. Tannehill holds it longer to make more plays and just generally takes more risks.

Alex Smith went 9-7 with Andy Reid, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce and that big 3 combined for over 4,000 yards. I don't want to commit too much slander because a lot of Chiefs fans love Alex Smith but...cmon.
Okay, that's fair. Smith never would have dreamed of leading the league in Y/A and Y/C either. So, you probably win here.

Style of play is different. I suppose I was just thinking about the skill set and the overall results the teams they led had over their time.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Tennessee is that Tannehill carries a 38.6 million dollar cap hit next season. They're stuck with that.

Side note: Tannehill definitely doesn't "suck". He has had a solid career. Let's not be prisoners of the moment, just because he played bad in front of the entire country a couple of days ago.

Especially in Tennessee, he led the league in 4 major passing categories in 2019 en route to a pro bowl. Real solid playoff run as well that season. He's just... Alex Smith. Good enough to get you to the post-season with a good team. Just not good enough to win there. Does everything "well". Nothing great.

Eh,he blows.......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he hasn't made up with his own family, I highly doubt he will make up with the Packers.. He's gone... Either to another team or retirement..

I am thinkin IF he goes anywhere it's the Eagles

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh?

And since when does Rodgers mind cold weather? Has spent his career playing in the coldest climate in the NFL.
Why would he want to as he ages? Help the body last in warmer weather. Why do you think Brady went south?

I am thinking it is going to be Indy, Miami and maybe Denver.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he becomes a Steeler. AFC North will be must-see TV. Like holy sh*t.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will be Indy or Tennessee. Tannehill and Wentz contracts and cap hit kinda hamstring both. Not to mention, Indy doesn't have a 1st rd pick which the Packers will surely demand along with other things. I would still be surprised if it was Pittsburg. It just doesn't seem to be in their character but I may be wrong.
I would guess he stays in Green Bay, they FT Adams and do a bunch of cap manipulation to keep who they can and field a competitive team. I don't think it's going to be a total rebuild.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will be Indy or Tennessee. Tannehill and Wentz contracts and cap hit kinda hamstring both. Not to mention, Indy doesn't have a 1st rd pick which the Packers will surely demand along with other things. I would still be surprised if it was Pittsburg. It just doesn't seem to be in their character but I may be wrong.
I would guess he stays in Green Bay, they FT Adams and do a bunch of cap manipulation to keep who they can and field a competitive team. I don't think it's going to be a total rebuild.
Miami could offer Tua and two first round picks. One from this year and next and they would be just fine with as many 1st round picks they have added to their roster the last couple years. Solid defense, decent weapons around him, good cap space.

Denver is another good location. Denver would have to give up way more draft stock that would hurt them more, but they have a really good defense, some young skill players on offense. Not sure of their oline as I have not followed Denver like I used to when I was younger.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he hasn't made up with his own family, I highly doubt he will make up with the Packers.. He's gone... Either to another team or retirement..

I am thinkin IF he goes anywhere it's the Eagles
At least him and his gf can tan their vaginas and drink clay. I think Pitt is the best place for him, and Tomlin is steady and stable