• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers: 'Tough Decision' On Future Awaits

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sounded like a guy that was done with GB, but we'll see

doesn't want to be part of a rebuild

45 million over the cap

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LambeauLegs has already assured us he's staying in GB

Please find a ink where I assured anything.

I said based on his recent talks it sounded like he it was a strong consideration that he mended fences with the GM and was happy and having a great year

If he does not stay it would not be because of rift with the management

If he does not stay it will most likely be because he see's that the ability to keep him and pieces around him that he wants would not be possible because of cap reasons and hdid say he does not want to be part of a rebuild which he had not said until just this weekend

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please find a ink where I assured anything.

I said based on his recent talks it sounded like he it was a strong consideration that he mended fences with the GM and was happy and having a great year

If he does not stay it would not be because of rift with the management

If he does not stay it will most likely be because he see's that the ability to keep him and pieces around him that he wants would not be possible because of cap reasons and hdid say he does not want to be part of a rebuild which he had not said until just this weekend
Rodgers isn't known to get rid of grudges, I'm sure he's still not a fan of the GM for drafting Love and I doubt "all is well"

Rodgers sounded like a guy that was done with GB.

45 million over the cap, to get under cap and keep Adams, not to mention all the other FA

probably mean a lot of defensive pieces gone and other veterans.......some might say a rebuild, what he just said he doesn't want to do

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is a free agent this season and you know he's going to command a HUGE salary. I wonder if the Packers will even be able to afford Adams. That would leave Rodgers with very little weapons.... maybe it would've been wiser to oh I dunno, draft a WR like Higgens, Campbell, etc. like Rodgers wanted?

Still, Rodgers is $26M dead cap if they trade him. Granted that saves about $20M... they may have to do that to retain Adams and then start Love who I think will suck, but whatever.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers isn't known to get rid of grudges, I'm sure he's still not a fan of the GM for drafting Love and I doubt "all is well"

45 million over the cap, to get under cap and keep Adams, not to mention all the other FA

probably mean a lot of defensive pieces gone and other veterans.......some might say a rebuild, what he just said he doesn't want to do

These here are Rodgers words

If that seems like he still has a grudge yet being in Green Bay then more power to you!

When he expressed his thoughts here he did not say a word though of not wanting to be part of a rebuild.

He will be sitting down to see what options are and he said he would do it fairly quickly and not drag this decision out way into the summer

If he does not feel the Packers can work the salary cap and keep what he feels he would need I am guessing he agrrees to work out something so he gets what he wants and the Packers get compensated. If he feels the Packers can keep what he needs if he stays it does not sound like his previous disagreements with management would be a cause for him to leave

Rodgers views from a few weeks ago

Aaron Rodgers on future in Green Bay: 'The grass is greener where you water it'​

"The grass is greener where you water it," Rodgers responded. "I really believe that. And you know, that's an adage to dissuade people from going out and taking risk and chances, and you know, I think that where you spend your time and energy and what you choose to water will always be the greenest part of your life. I decided when I came back that I was going to be all in with the team and all in to see things move forward to a better place. And that's what the conversations were about, you know, during the offseason, was about being a part of those conversations that impact my ability to do my job. And I, you know, from one of the first days, Brian [Gutekunst] and I sat it down and got on the same page and it's been a really nice Fall and Winter. I appreciate his approach, how it's been, and it's been very meaningful to me. So I'm thankful for that relationship, where it's at at this point, and that's made my life that much more enjoyable. So I gotta give Brian a lot of credit for meeting me in the middle."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their best chances to win it all were the last 2 years and they fell short.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These here are Rodgers words

If that seems like he still has a grudge yet being in Green Bay then more power to you!

When he expressed his thoughts here he did not say a word though of not wanting to be part of a rebuild.

He will be sitting down to see what options are and he said he would do it fairly quickly and not drag this decision out way into the summer

If he does not feel the Packers can work the salary cap and keep what he feels he would need I am guessing he agrrees to work out something so he gets what he wants and the Packers get compensated. If he feels the Packers can keep what he needs if he stays it does not sound like his previous disagreements with management would be a cause for him to leave

Rodgers views from a few weeks ago

Aaron Rodgers on future in Green Bay: 'The grass is greener where you water it'​

"The grass is greener where you water it," Rodgers responded. "I really believe that. And you know, that's an adage to dissuade people from going out and taking risk and chances, and you know, I think that where you spend your time and energy and what you choose to water will always be the greenest part of your life. I decided when I came back that I was going to be all in with the team and all in to see things move forward to a better place. And that's what the conversations were about, you know, during the offseason, was about being a part of those conversations that impact my ability to do my job. And I, you know, from one of the first days, Brian [Gutekunst] and I sat it down and got on the same page and it's been a really nice Fall and Winter. I appreciate his approach, how it's been, and it's been very meaningful to me. So I'm thankful for that relationship, where it's at at this point, and that's made my life that much more enjoyable. So I gotta give Brian a lot of credit for meeting me in the middle."
man you're gullible

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Rodgers will announce his decision after the 2022 NFL Draft.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was Rodgers post game press conference quote:

I don't want to be part of a rebuild if I'm going to keep playing. So a lot of decisions in the next couple of months.

Personally I do not see how it is not a rebuild with $38M over the cap at this time, resigning Adams would make situation even worse.

There would be a wholesale selloff on the defensive side of the ball to get under the cap (Z. Smith, P. Smith, Amos) and add to that Campbell and Douglas leaving after their 1 year deals and that leaves only Clark, Gary and Alexander as their impact players left on defense. Would require a huge Rodgers "home discount" to try and keep some of the team together and I do not see that happening.

I think it is better than 50/50 that he leaves at this point for another team... think the Super Bowl is more important than finishing career in GB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With rumors that Giselle is going to force Brady to hang it up, maybe he goes to Tampa???

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Rodgers will announce his decision after the 2022 NFL Draft.

I do not think he will drag it out that long, especially if he wants a trade. He wants to be in best spot possible with new team to get to Super Bowl... dragging this out would only hurt his chances IMO.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he doesn't end up in the NFC West. It's tough enough as it is.