• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers to the Steelers next season?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting possibility after him heaping praise on Tomlin.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers don't have a replacement for Big Ben and Rodgers would be a smooth transition when Ben retires.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they fit $40+ mil into their cap next year? And do they want another 38 year old although he still has the ability to perform unlike Big Ben who appears done. Seems to me the Steelers way is to draft Ben's replacement. They also need to retool the Oline and get a star WR that can get open downfield, do they not?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they fit $40+ mil into their cap next year? And do they want another 38 year old although he still has the ability to perform unlike Big Ben who appears done. Seems to me the Steelers way is to draft Ben's replacement. They also need to retool the Oline and get a star WR that can get open downfield, do they not?
Before the TJ deal they had the 2nd most projected cap space in the league next year. I think they could fit it. But it could come at the cost of not being able to extend Minkah Fitzpatrick. That would be my biggest concern.

But I'm only interested in doing that if the Steelers go all-in on rebuilding the OL. Spending the league-lowest expenses on OL is obviously showing.

Diontae Johnson gets open, but Claypool seems 2 steps slower this year. I like Juju and his physicality, but he just doesn't seem to be used correctly anymore. He can't get open in 1 on 1s and needs to be backshouldered or "thrown open" sotospeak, which Ben just can't do very well anymore.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the TJ deal they had the 2nd most projected cap space in the league next year. I think they could fit it. But it could come at the cost of not being able to extend Minkah Fitzpatrick. That would be my biggest concern.

But I'm only interested in doing that if the Steelers go all-in on rebuilding the OL. Spending the league-lowest expenses on OL is obviously showing.

Diontae Johnson gets open, but Claypool seems 2 steps slower this year. I like Juju and his physicality, but he just doesn't seem to be used correctly anymore. But he can't get open in 1 on 1s and needs to be backshouldered or "thrown open" sotospeak, which Ben just can't do very well anymore.
Thanks for the clarification @FaCe-LeE-uS . I would think keeping Minkah would be a high priority. I don't know if getting A.R. would be smart given what they need on the Oline. And it just isn't something the organization does. And they would still need to draft a QB for the future given Rodgers' age.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the clarification @FaCe-LeE-uS . I would think keeping Minkah would be a high priority. I don't know if getting A.R. would be smart given what they need on the Oline. And it just isn't something the organization does. And they would still need to draft a QB for the future given Rodgers' age.
Yea I'm not buying any of this Rodgers fluff speculation. I mean, his original quotes that sparked all this hubub was saying he liked Mike Tomlin & the local comedian Pittsburgh Dad... That's quite the stretch to think that means he wants to be here. He extended the comments about PIT's winning culture, but its just about respect. Nothing anybody else wouldn't say.

I'd much rather they extend Minkah, and rebuild the OL. And they are getting around to needing to rebuild the D as well. Joe Haden didn't get extended, and SS Terrell Edmunds didn't get his 5th yr option picked up. They are headed towards rebuilding the secondary, and the DL needs help. Heyward is getting old, Alualu is probably ready to retire, and Tuitt is overpaid and not even playing yet this year (death of his brother held him out of camp). It's getting close to being pretty dire on D.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too old and he won’t come with a discount double check…..don’t want a ponytailed QB either,…,,
All he needed was a hair-tie

ben-roethlisberger-red.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol the Steelers would still suck

They need a massive rebuild and have been putting it off for years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol the Steelers would still suck

They need a massive rebuild and have been putting it off for years.
Still suck with Rodgers? I highly doubt that

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still suck with Rodgers? I highly doubt that
Shock jock.

I dont see it. Hes not gonna come here with that o line. If they show improvements and upgrade? Maybe.

The d is legit. Plus they have alot of offensive pieces. A young rb, young talented wrs, a young tight end. If they can protect him then its an intriguing team to make A run.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think this happens, but if it did.
It wouldnt be 40+ mil added to cap.
40+ mil minus whatever Big Ben costs. for that roster spot.
I dont see them having both on team together.