• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers to Broncos

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are Rodgers trade suiters besides Denver? He has a no trade clause so he can pick his team pretty much. The Raiders and Broncos are the only suiters, and Green Bay is not going to trade him in the NFC. I think his trade value is not as great as people think. I agree with what John Clayton said on the radio. He thinks what I think and that his value is not what it should be for a MVP quarterback. Also, rumors are that he's not too fond of the Las Vegas Raiders organization. Who could the other teams be that he would be interested in???? Dolphins (trade Tua) might be the only other team, but Miami is not the western part of the U.S. either. Unless a trade with Seattle (Wilson to GB) might be possible. I think if I had to bet it's 60% he stays or 40% to Denver.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are Rodgers trade suiters besides Denver? He has a no trade clause so he can pick his team pretty much. The Raiders and Broncos are the only suiters, and Green Bay is not going to trade him in the NFC. I think his trade value is not as great as people think. I agree with what John Clayton said on the radio. He thinks what I think and that his value is not what it should be for a MVP quarterback. Also, rumors are that he's not too fond of the Las Vegas Raiders organization. Who could the other teams be that he would be interested in???? Dolphins (trade Tua) might be the only other team, but Miami is not the western part of the U.S. either. Unless a trade with Seattle (Wilson to GB) might be possible. I think if I had to bet it's 60% he stays or 40% to Denver.
He actually doesn't have a no-trade clause.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Rodgers, is he doesn’t seem to be a Peyton Manning, a guy who will play as long as he can possibly play. Rodgers is threatening to retire if he doesn’t get his way, and may do so to any team he does not want to play for, I believe this will drive down his value.

I still hope we stay with Lock and Bridgewater. I buy into the idea that it is better to let a player go a year too early then a year too late. Who knows who long Rodgers will be able to play at a high level, and/or want to play.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers "no trade clause" is that he can retire rather than go anywhere - his leverage over forcing a trade - is equal to forcing the trade to a particular team. Another factor is - as long as the drama goes on - Rodgers' trade value decreases over time as the age factor merges with the starting late factor.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers "no trade clause" is that he can retire rather than go anywhere - his leverage over forcing a trade - is equal to forcing the trade to a particular team. Another factor is - as long as the drama goes on - Rodgers' trade value decreases over time as the age factor merges with the starting late factor.
Agree.

The question is: What will Green Bay let him go for or force him to make a decision between playing and retiring?

If Denver is basically competing with themselves, then Denver can set the value, no need to bid against themselves.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

The question is: What will Green Bay let him go for or force him to make a decision between playing and retiring?

If Denver is basically competing with themselves, then Denver can set the value, no need to bid against themselves.
It's a game of chicken between Rodgers and the Pack. If the Pack believe Rodgers will retire rather than play - and they are dealing with trade partners who already know this - Rodgers trade value diminishes. If the Pack don't believe Rodgers would really retire- then they will try to call Rodgers out as a bluff. It is clearly in the interest of Green Bay to make Rodgers happy as their best outcome. I still think Rodgers will be with the Packers at the start of the season.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing rumors that Broncos sent a secret emissary to GB to work on a deal.

Right, DC?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should get AR just for his way with people!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the game of chicken has begun with the Packers and the Rodgers -as Rodgers stayed away from voluntary camp and was philosophically - a convoluted version of nothingness. Now are the Packers going to let Aaron Fricken Rodgers leave when all they have to do is send the right guy in to kiss the pope's ring and hope for his blessings? I think some Packer his going to have wettened his smutcher and that is easier than trading him.