• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers is suddenly singing a different tune ....

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More cap room?!?!

Surprised the Packers would want to create that at this point in the offseason. Especially as it would just create more dead cap onto next years cap.

Packers are already in trouble with salary cap for 2022... if this does happen I assume 2021 will be Rodgers last season in GB. If Rodgers then moves on, that will help Packers cap situation and most likely 1-2 other veterans may be on the chopping block (P. Smith and Lowry are my front runners).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of a final FU to the GM that's for sure. Rodger gets his freedom and all the Pack will get in return is a comp pick. Moving on from a guy who is still a prime QB like Rodgers should have netted the Packers a TON of high picks.

Hell if I am the Packer's and this is the only way forward, I put him on the market now and see if I can't get a king's ransom for him now rather than do one final run with him and lose him for nothing during the offseason.

The Packer's are a solid team obviously. But not some sure shot SB contender this year to justify losing out on what could be 3 1st round picks.

How good is Love going to have to be to justify using that draft pick on him now? What a mistake that was!

My understanding from what I have read... most likely he gets traded next off season if that is what Rodgers still wants at that time. He would still be under contract for 2022.. but Rodgers would have more power in the decision making at that time. Unsure how you structure contract for that... but what I have read.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they gonna get for him then? 1 year older, and 1 less on contract. Should have traded to the niners for that #3 overall.
Next off-season they can get 2 1sts or so....then he can get an extension from his new team.

He sat for several seasons behind Favre so he doesn't have the usual mileage on him most QB's his age do....and he can play into his 40's like TB.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they gonna get for him then? 1 year older, and 1 less on contract. Should have traded to the niners for that #3 overall.
No games since 23rd....is the bookie on vacation?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding from what I have read... most likely he gets traded next off season if that is what Rodgers still wants at that time. He would still be under contract for 2022.. but Rodgers would have more power in the decision making at that time.
This.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of a final FU to the GM that's for sure. Rodger gets his freedom and all the Pack will get in return is a comp pick. Moving on from a guy who is still a prime QB like Rodgers should have netted the Packers a TON of high picks.

Hell if I am the Packer's and this is the only way forward, I put him on the market now and see if I can't get a king's ransom for him now rather than do one final run with him and lose him for nothing during the offseason.

The Packer's are a solid team obviously. But not some sure shot SB contender this year to justify losing out on what could be 3 1st round picks.

How good is Love going to have to be to justify using that draft pick on him now? What a mistake that was!

My understanding at this point is he could be traded yet after this year and still get a few first round picks with the way his contract is being redone

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I owe @Laman apology . You were right. Apparently Rodgers is in fact a bitch.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Packers are expected to restructure Aaron Rodgers' contract to address his grievances with the team while setting up his "departure from Green Bay after the season."​

Schefter noted that this isn't a done deal yet but it would be surprising to see things fall apart at this point. It's a truly wild situation as Schefter also added that the new contract would address some of his "issues with the team" but didn't elaborate further. It would void the final year of his deal and allow him to leave by preventing the Packers from using any kind of tag on him. Lastly, the new contract would not give Rodgers any more money but would free up some cap space for Green Bay to spend this year. It's a bizarre situation and the lack of any new money, if true, would solidify the fact that Rodgers' dispute with the team was based exclusively on philosophical differences. More info will come and clarify some of the oddities of the deal but, for now, Rodgers is back with the Packers for another year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this hype for clicks on the internet for a guy who is under contract and shows up for work

Shefter is a fucking idiot

I love it when a "breaking story" of this magnitude blows up in their face like this...

But honestly nothing will change. Ian Rappaport has been making a living off of shame like this. There is zero accountability in regards to the media. Doesn't matter how negative something reflects on them, all the employers care about is generating buzz (clicks & views).

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds salty, and like verbal payback for them not trading him.
Sure but I could see if you had big names that came and played with him. Guy has been making big bank his entire career , and 1 SB to show for it.

Now guys like Gronk, AB, Fournette went to a 7-9 Tampa, because great vaca spot

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers basically said, Green Bay is a shitty place to live, and this organization was too stupid to let me recruit players to come play here...when I am literally the only reason they would want to play here.

Also I believe this what’s known as “keeping it real”:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't stop being a huge douche

Agreed...

Sounds like a "have your cake and eat it too" guy. Names all these "high character" teammates that left he would have liked to keep around.... kind of hard to do with a salary cap and maxing out your salary with GB at the same time. Loved the question about going over cap $70M for which he tried to answer... but obviously did not very well. And a later follow up question.. why he would want to get involved in this and also would probably have made some wrong decisions with some of the players he wanted to keep around.... again not a good answer.

Personally... still think losing in NFCC game at Lambeau may have set this all in motion. Agree he has an ego and he is now 1-4 in NFCC games... but all last year he talked about getting one at Lambeau and he finally got one and lost. Being 2-3 in NFCC games is not too bad considering 4 were on the road... but 1-4 definitely is not very good and I assume that eats at him and he needs to deflect some.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers basically said, Green Bay is a shitty place to live, and this organization was too stupid to let me recruit players to come play here...when I am literally the only reason they would want to play here.

Also I believe this what’s known as “keeping it real”:

He wants Randall Cobb back! That's recruiting? His is one of the worst contracts in the game right now.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ive been crucified for years for saying rodgers is a me first guy

Whoever ripped you for saying that is an idiot.

The guy has never once taken responsibility for anything in his entire life, either personally or professionally. He defines "me first".