• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers Done in GB?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people don't think Namath should be in the Hall, he beat one winning team, the rest of his career after the Super Bowl.

Yeah and I'm one of them, he was more marketing than substance. Just pointing out he did not get knocked for not winning more, he was idolized for winning the one.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting into all of that. I don't know enough about it and don't care to discuss speculation.

I'm simply speaking to those who want to be critical of Aaron Rodgers the player and his 1 ring. He has carried that team with little support and it's not his fault that the GM didn't get enough talent around him. Similar to Peyton in Indy, it was not on him it was on the GM who didn't take advantage of such an opportunity.

Other QBs with "only 1 ring" who didn't hear much criticism for it.

Brees
Steve Young
Joe Namath
Favre.
Saying Rodgers would have won more rings with different players around him is speculation.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Rodger would have won more rings with better players around him would be common sense.
Mark Sanchez could win a super bowl with better players.

But you have to win it with the players you got. No excuses.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it is a "serious consideration" that Aaron Rodgers retires rather than return to the Packers.​

That is "unless the situation is repaired to his liking." It is unclear if that means trade at all costs or leaves open the possibility of a new contract. As Rapsheet points out, a "retired" Rodgers would immediately have to repay $11.5 million of his signing bonus, and another $11.5 million if he remains retired next year. Even for a man of Rodgers' immense means, that does not seem terribly likely. We are barely 24 hours into this saga and Rodgers is already playing all his cards. The Packers, meanwhile, are hinting they are prepared to go "full Carson Palmer" and force Rodgers to either play or sit out
Good riddance. Great player but one of the most arrogant AHoles the league has ever seen. Let's see how his ego does if the team lets him rot and the whole world doesn't run around trying to coddle his whiny ass but just forgets about him

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez could win a super bowl with better players.

But you have to win it with the players you got. No excuses.

Nonsense, you need a QB playing at a high level to win a SB in most every case.

Again is Drew Brees being criticized for only winning one SB? There should be little doubt the Packers were contenders for one reason: Aaron Rodgers. There is also little doubt they didn't give him enough help over the years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting into all of that. I don't know enough about it and don't care to discuss speculation.

I'm simply speaking to those who want to be critical of Aaron Rodgers the player and his 1 ring. He has carried that team with little support and it's not his fault that the GM didn't get enough talent around him. Similar to Peyton in Indy, it was not on him it was on the GM who didn't take advantage of such an opportunity.

Other QBs with "only 1 ring" who didn't hear much criticism for it.

Brees
Steve Young
Joe Namath
Favre.
Namath? The most overrated player in NFL history?
Pretty sure he has gotten some criticism.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance. Great player but one of the most arrogant AHoles the league has ever seen. Let's see how his ego does if the team lets him rot and the whole world doesn't run around trying to coddle his whiny ass but just forgets about him
I heard if he doesnt play he could have to pay back over 22 million dollars.
if so. He would have to be really dedicated to not playing to not do so.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard if he doesnt play he could have to pay back over 22 million dollars.
if so. He would have to be really dedicated to not playing to not do so.
Rodgers first day of OTAs

Fake-Injury GIFs – All Gifs At One Place

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Rodger would have won more rings with better players around him would be common sense.
in a salary cap era. That is not necessarily true. You make one area stronger that makes another area weaker.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly did not watch Peyton's last Super Bowl.

"In most cases" would apply to Peyton in Denver and Dilfer in Baltimore. That's 2 cases in 55 Super Bowls.

Your point about the salary cap is valid. But it didn't stop other teams from winning multiple SBs with a great QB and a high salary dedicated to that QB.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Rodgers would have won more rings with different players around him is speculation.
It's not all that much speculation to say that if they had drafted a WR ast year instead of a backup QB they would have been a better offense. Even one play better and they win against NE in the conference championship. And I think anyone was beating the Chiefs minus their whole O-Line in that Superbowl. Yes it may be speculation, but it's not exactly going way out on a limb.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you know me. I had to do it.
it turns out. A lot of winning teams in the superbowl didnt have their QB play at a high level. Which to me was expected since from the 70's to part way through the 90's. Running Games & defense were prevalent. Not gonna list them all since "high level" of play is subjective, but did find a couple of bad play victorious QBs kind of interesting. Will list them. All these QBs were under 50% cmp or close with more INTs than TDs.

Super bowl V - Every single Qb sucked in this game on winning & losing team Earl Morrall was 7/15 (Johnny U 3/9)
Only Superbowl where the MVP was on the losing team.

Super Bowl X - Terry Bradshaw 9/19 (this one surprised me)

Super Bowl XXXII - John Elway 12/22 1 INT

Super Bowl XXXV - Trent Dilfer 12/25 (no surprise here)

Super Bowl XL - Big Ben 9/21 (wow!)

Super Bowl 50 - Peyton Manning 13-23 1 INT

Side note: Crazy stat. Bob Griese won two superbowls with only 18 attempts combined! (avg 9 a game)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again is Drew Brees being criticized for only winning one SB? There should be little doubt the Packers were contenders for one reason: Aaron Rodgers. There is also little doubt they didn't give him enough help over the years.

100%
The only offensive player the Packers took in round 1 of Aaron Rodgers career is HIS REPLACEMENT

that guy has carried one average roster after another to the postseason year after year, and gets all the blame when he loses to Tom Brady’s Pro Bowl roster

it’s ridiculous

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%
The only offensive player the Packers took in round 1 of Aaron Rodgers career is HIS REPLACEMENT

that guy has carried one average roster after another to the postseason year after year, and gets all the blame when he loses to Tom Brady’s Pro Bowl roster

it’s ridiculous
What round WRs is not what you should focus on, it's has Rodgers had good WRs and the answer is hell yes.

Davante Adams
Jordy Nelson
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
Randall Cobb
James Jones

Those are some good WRs and likely better then say Brady or Wilson has had during their careers. Rodgers needs to STFU and do his job, not try to be the GM.