• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers Done in GB?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the Packers save a bunch of money and can give Love some experience.
Ok, but seems it would cancerous to have him around in that situation. Sounds like a trade and some other team picking up the tab is the best solution. There are suitors.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but seems it would cancerous to have him around in that situation. Sounds like a trade and some other team picking up the tab is the best solution. There are suitors.
I hear that a lot, but I'm guessing there are numerous players on every single NFL team who are unhappy and are stuck. They have to make the best of it. I know that the QB position makes it more touchy but never the less they are going to have to deal with it. That's not Vcash those teams are paying with, it's real money and 38 million is enough money to tell any player suck it up buttercup.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that a lot, but I'm guessing there are numerous players on every single NFL team who are unhappy and are stuck. They have to make the best of it. I know that the QB position makes it more touchy but never the less they are going to have to deal with it. That's not Vcash those teams are paying with, it's real money and 38 million is enough money to tell any player suck it up buttercup.
This ^^^^^ and with that said. Rodgers net worth is said to be in the 120 mill neighborhood and he makes 9 mill annually from endorsements. If he's for real for real about 86ing GB. He'll tell the Packer brass to eat a dick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^^ and with that said. Rodgers net worth is said to be in the 120 mill neighborhood and he makes 9 mill annually from endorsements. If he's for real for real about 86ing GB. He'll tell the Packer brass to eat a dick.
Sure he could do that and he's going to retire at some point no matter what. If he retires that the Packers are spared paying his enormous salary vs paying him to play else where and could maybe recoup some of that bonus money. Rodgers is just now hitting the sweet part of his contract where his cap hit goes from 21 million to 37 million this year and almost 39 million next year. I know he's rich, but you know it's relative. The more you make, the more you spend, and the more you need. He bought a home in 2019 for 28 million for example.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he could do that and he's going to retire at some point no matter what. If he retires that the Packers are spared paying his enormous salary vs paying him to play else where and could maybe recoup some of that bonus money. Rodgers is just now hitting the sweet part of his contract where his cap hit goes from 21 million to 37 million this year and almost 39 million next year. I know he's rich, but you know it's relative. The more you make, the more you spend, and the more you need. He bought a home in 2019 for 28 million for example.
GB paid him a lot of money for 1 SB appearance, whiny ass. Can't get along with family, team , the world revolves around that atheist bastage

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he plans to sit out? Can he do that?
Yes, but it just means the Packers own him one extra year. Of course, I think the Packers would have the option of recovering his signing bonus and cutting ties

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a week and there will be a thread about Rodgers and masseurs. :heh:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but it just means the Packers own him one extra year. Of course, I think the Packers would have the option of recovering his signing bonus and cutting ties

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it is a "serious consideration" that Aaron Rodgers retires rather than return to the Packers.​

That is "unless the situation is repaired to his liking." It is unclear if that means trade at all costs or leaves open the possibility of a new contract. As Rapsheet points out, a "retired" Rodgers would immediately have to repay $11.5 million of his signing bonus, and another $11.5 million if he remains retired next year. Even for a man of Rodgers' immense means, that does not seem terribly likely. We are barely 24 hours into this saga and Rodgers is already playing all his cards. The Packers, meanwhile, are hinting they are prepared to go "full Carson Palmer" and force Rodgers to either play or sit out

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it is a "serious consideration" that Aaron Rodgers retires rather than return to the Packers.​

That is "unless the situation is repaired to his liking." It is unclear if that means trade at all costs or leaves open the possibility of a new contract. As Rapsheet points out, a "retired" Rodgers would immediately have to repay $11.5 million of his signing bonus, and another $11.5 million if he remains retired next year. Even for a man of Rodgers' immense means, that does not seem terribly likely. We are barely 24 hours into this saga and Rodgers is already playing all his cards. The Packers, meanwhile, are hinting they are prepared to go "full Carson Palmer" and force Rodgers to either play or sit out
If that happens GB has a decision to make. Stand pat and keep Rodgers on the sidelines, or go after whatever signing bonus remains which would include him being released, making him a FA.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Packers are used to it. He has been that way since he was the 2005 back up.
Yep, this guy has been a crying primma donna since he was drafted. He thinks he should have more Super Bowl rings, and blames everyone except himself.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy decision, play or sit out. You're not getting what you want, you got what you wanted, when you signed that last extension. We will send a bouquet of flowers on your retirement.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers should have more than 1 ring. But it's sure not his fault that he does not. He has carried that team for a decade and they somehow found a way to not improve the team around one of the greatest QBs of this generation.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers should have more than 1 ring. But it's sure not his fault that he does not. He has carried that team for a decade and they somehow found a way to not improve the team around one of the greatest QBs of this generation.
He is a supreme talent. But saying it's not his fault? ...it's just more complicated than that.

The man has had an attitude problem for years. And you can't tell me that did not affect the relationships he has had with teammates & coaches.
And that can as sure as hell trickle down to the overall performance of the team.

One thing that makes Brady Brady is because he is obsessed with working with teammates, separate practices and such.

How much does Rogers do that? You get the feeling that if one his receivers called him to say "hey ..you want to work on some routes with me today? Rodgers answer: "Just do your fucking job on Sunday"

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a supreme talent. But saying it's not his fault? ...it's just more complicated than that.

The man has had an attitude problem for years. And you can't tell me that did not affect the relationships he has had with teammates & coaches.
And that can as sure as hell trickle down to the overall performance of the team.

One thing that makes Brady Brady is because he is obsessed with working with teammates, separate practices and such.

How much does Rogers do that? You get the feeling that if one his receivers called him to say "hey ..you want to work on some routes with me today? Rodgers answer: "Just do your fucking job on Sunday"

I'm not getting into all of that. I don't know enough about it and don't care to discuss speculation.

I'm simply speaking to those who want to be critical of Aaron Rodgers the player and his 1 ring. He has carried that team with little support and it's not his fault that the GM didn't get enough talent around him. Similar to Peyton in Indy, it was not on him it was on the GM who didn't take advantage of such an opportunity.

Other QBs with "only 1 ring" who didn't hear much criticism for it.

Brees
Steve Young
Joe Namath
Favre.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting into all of that. I don't know enough about it and don't care. I'm simply speaking of those who want to be critical of Aaron Rodger the player and his 1 ring. He has carried that team with little support and that's not his fault that the GM didn't get enough talent around him. Similar to Peyton in Indy, it was not on him it was on the GM who didn't take advantage of such an opportunity.

Brees
Steve Young
Joe Namath
Favre.
Steve Young has three rings

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting into all of that. I don't know enough about it and don't care to discuss speculation.

I'm simply speaking to those who want to be critical of Aaron Rodger the player and his 1 ring. He has carried that team with little support and that's not his fault that the GM didn't get enough talent around him. Similar to Peyton in Indy, it was not on him it was on the GM who didn't take advantage of such an opportunity.

Brees
Steve Young
Joe Namath
Favre.
Lots of people don't think Namath should be in the Hall, he beat one winning team, the rest of his career after the Super Bowl.