• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers after the game, "We were the better team today"

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers after the game, "We were the better team today"

If you say so.

Now go home and enjoy the SB on TV in a couple of weeks.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Baldwin turns the ball over on the KO and it's well earned, but GB screws up on the onside kick and it isn't? They lost because they lived in the red zone the entire first half and kept kicking field goals.

They were up by 2 scores with a few minutes left in the game, and they had a comfortable lead all game long. You can get outplayed and still win a game if things bounce your way at the end like they did in this game. Its no knock on the Seahawks, they never gave up.

The packers had the game in hand and let it slip away...happens. I think Rodgers is right in what he said, and I think he said it mostly as a reflectionary thing. Chances like that to go to the super bowl don't come around that often and they had a real shot at it, but let it slip away at the end. It's gotta make all of them sick.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He`s not..........He is actually an arrogant s.o.b....

When hes on the field or on the podium he just comes off arrogant.
Even when he tries to be humble,hes still an arrogant person.

My buddy whose been a Packer fan for 30 yrs says the same thing.

I give brett favre all the respect in the world........Rodgers never!

Considering the team you root for, your words are taken with a grain of salt. :whistle:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were up by 2 scores with a few minutes left in the game, and they had a comfortable lead all game long. You can get outplayed and still win a game if things bounce your way at the end like they did in this game. Its no knock on the Seahawks, they never gave up.

The packers had the game in hand and let it slip away...happens. I think Rodgers is right in what he said, and I think he said it mostly as a reflectionary thing. Chances like that to go to the super bowl don't come around that often and they had a real shot at it, but let it slip away at the end. It's gotta make all of them sick.

Exactly...even the biggest Hawks fan has to admit that was a gift...but it takes nothing away from the win...SEA still had to make the plays to score...even after giving up the game tying FG, they put the final nail on it in OT....somewhere along the way before the game was over, the GB players thought they were going to the SB and never finished the game.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta lay the blame for this debacle squarely at the feet of the head coach. 4rth and inches at the goal line you go for it. Every time.

So easy for you to say that but what happens if the Packers go for the TD and don't make it? Now they come away with zero points and if the Packers lose the game by let's say 2 points then everyone complains about that time they went for the TD instead of doing the right thing and "just taking the 3 points like they should have."

My point is this, you don't know the outcome at all. The Packers could have gone for the TD and got it. And then everyone is a hero. But if they go for it and miss it. They come away with zero points and who knows how that plays out throughout the game. You would then have people saying they should have just kicked the FG. But then because of the outcome of yesterday's game you have people saying "they should have gone for a TD". That situation is always a lose lose if the game ends in a loss. I have no problem at all with McCarthy taking 3 points on the road.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so (yes, shocker, I'm a Seahawks fan) but the Seahawks defense held the Pack to 306 total yards of offense. That's the 3rd lowest total all season (behind week 1 in Seattle and week 3 in Detroit) and if it weren't for the Seahawks offense playing it's worst half and giving the Pack 3 really short field (all field goals), then the game is very different, even with the turnovers. Seahawks offense stunk it up the first half, but had 350 yards of offense in the second half and overtime. They got it done when they needed to.

So you give the Packers no credit for playing better in the first half lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is just salty his team and him choked hard.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay was the better team yesterday, but were they really THAT much better? I mean outside of the turnover stats where was GB that much better?

Seattle had more total yards, more pass yards, more rush yards, more possessions, more success in the red zone, more yards per play. Time of possession is pretty equal. Seattle had more first downs too. Rodgers only had a 55.8 QB rating compared to Wilson's 44.3 rating. So that is nearly a wash too. I remember thinking Green Bay was killing Seattle all game but the stats don't show that to be true at all. It just seemed that way because of all the turnovers, but GB didn't do much with ball when they'd get it either. The GB MVP was Crosby. Without him this would look like a blowout.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "We gave this away" etc. is one thing. Saying, the better team lost is moronic. I know it's the heat of the moment, but if Rodgers really said that I just lost some respect for the guy.

Technically Seattle was the better team this year, otherwise the game would've been played in Green Bay. Get off your own junk Rodgers.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "We gave this away" etc. is one thing. Saying, the better team lost is moronic. I know it's the heat of the moment, but if Rodgers really said that I just lost some respect for the guy.

Technically Seattle was the better team this year, otherwise the game would've been played in Green Bay. Get off your own junk Rodgers.

Oh no! Hopefully Rodgers doesn't lose sleep over a Seattle fan losing respect for him on an Internet forum!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were, but they played conservative and let Seattle win the game. That is coaching mainly but also on the players for not executing.

Fake FG, onside kick, lob pass across the field :L

Louie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and that is why you play "all" 60 minutes of a game. IMO, the Pack were not the better team yesterday, if they were, they would have won.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! Hopefully Rodgers doesn't lose sleep over a Seattle fan losing respect for him on an Internet forum!

He totally did. I know he's pretty upset about it right now. He PM'd me saying so.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus, your panties are twisted...

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay was the better team yesterday, but were they really THAT much better? I mean outside of the turnover stats where was GB that much better?

Seattle had more total yards, more pass yards, more rush yards, more possessions, more success in the red zone, more yards per play. Time of possession is pretty equal. Seattle had more first downs too. Rodgers only had a 55.8 QB rating compared to Wilson's 44.3 rating. So that is nearly a wash too. I remember thinking Green Bay was killing Seattle all game but the stats don't show that to be true at all. It just seemed that way because of all the turnovers, but GB didn't do much with ball when they'd get it either. The GB MVP was Crosby. Without him this would look like a blowout.

I think those 5 turnovers netted GB 6 or 9 points.